Question regarding shaman in end-game

So, I have a level 47 or so Orc Shaman. I haven't played him in a while, since I quit WoW back in April or May. I was wondering if it would be worth to level up my shaman to 80, or roll a different class. Now, I heard that shamans aren't that great in PvP. But are they still lots of fun to play? How are they in PvE? Pretty much what I'm asking is how are they in end-game, and if I should continue to level up my shaman.

Thanks

Re: Question regarding shaman in end-game

its up to you. they are still alot of fun to play but are considered to be a ( hard mode class ) if you learn how to play them properly they can be quite potent in pvp and pve.

as an orc shaman, you´d get the greatest benefit out of your racials with enhancement, +5% dmg for your wolves, bloodfury granting attackpower AND spellpower ( elem & resto only benefit from spellpower ) + the axes racial ( though ) it cant be really used on lvl 80 , at least no until 3.2.

i only really know about enhancement, as i have played my shaman with that spec since his creation.enhancement is the most.. "colorful" playstyle in wow right now, being the only real hybrid-spec. he´s fun to play in pve and in 25man i currently reside in top3 ( all dmg-wise )almost all the time ( except aoe-heavy moments where rogues and the like get easily ahead ). then again, im pretty disciplined and concentrated when it comes to "pushing the buttons" at encounters for maximum out-put.

elemental is doing pretty fine too when it comes to dps pve output

resto is currently on the bad side from what i heard. our resto´s are currently elem because it´s that bad. with 3.2 however there seem to be pretty bug buffs.

in pvp you cant possibly take a class harder to master, especially as elem/enh ( except your playing as a shadowpriest/tank ^^ ) but if you want a challenge there the shaman is your best bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

On my server atleast there seems to be a shortage on Enhancement shamans, which is weird because Enhance can put up some huge numbers. Resto isn't that bad (could be better) and TBH they are working on them. Ele can be fun as you can see some massive crits but sustained dmg prolly leans toward Enhance, not to mention the benefit of your racial.

You know what they say though, the grass is always greener on the other side (I am resto/elemental)