Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Thank You Blizzard for Nerfing Prot Pally PVE to please the Arena Population...

Quote Originally Posted by xbigcokex
    dude I played a pally on the PTR for the first time

all i had to do was face roll the keyboard an ppl thought i had been playing a paladin for years

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

OMG, it's not over!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Re: Thank You Blizzard for Nerfing Prot Pally PVE to please the Arena Population...

Sorry to break it to you but WoW isn't a PvE only game. It's pretty much equally both pvp and pve.

This talent is being buffed compared to what it is on live and you are still QQing? Shouldn't you be happy your classes spec is being buffed?

Prot paladin being buffed via this talent and shield block value... at the same time DK tanks are being nerfed. Paladins and druids already get it way better than warrior/dk. As paladin/druid have way more offspecs options they can do. Heal / dps / tank.

Warriors literally only have 2 trees right now. Prot and arms as fury is dead. Maybe if you don't like paladins you can go play warrior and see how bad it really is. I'd love to have ret paladins burst dmg. And that new cheat death you are getting as a tank? I'd like that too. Congrats paladins are now going to be one of the best tanks in the game.

Seriously.........stop QQing about your OP class that takes next to no skill to play.......and yes im refering to "Rettards".......this is a game man, if something as minor as a minimul "nerf" or class change upsets you this much, you seriously need to stop what you are doing.......evaluate your life and get a life. I'll bet you sit at home in the basement of your mothers basement beating your head against the wall and crying about the "nerf".......like literally crying with real tears even!! Contrary to popular belief sunlight is not harmfull to our species, step outside...(I'd probably put some sunblock on if I was you).........get some fresh air and enjoy the scenery........instead of poping on a forum that is supposed to be used for what I assume would be "constructive" posts.......and not 12 year old rants about some talent going away; there are better things in life than WoW and pleasuring yourself to anime........or crying real tears because you got "nerfed".

BTW......Chronalis..............NICE EFFEN AVATAR !! Lol Foamy rulez!!!!

You get buffed and still bitch and whine, seriously ppl grow up!

With AD as it is now, the damage reduction only kicks in once health drops to 35% or below. This is why it could be "leapfrogged". You are at 37% health, and get hit for 38%, killing you and skipping over any benefit from the talent.

The first version of the improved AD worked by reducing the damage of any hit that brought you below 35%. The full hit would be reduced by 30%. and this was a bit OP. With how hard bosses hit in current raid content many attacks against the paladin would receive a full 30% damage reduction.

Now, the only change they made was to apply the 30% reduction only to the portion of the hit that brings you below 35%.

For example, with the first version of the new AD, a boss would hit you for 20,000, the entire 20,000 would take a 30% reduction.

Now, you take a 20,000 hit, but only 5,000 of that damage takes you below the 35% mark. So 15,000 of that hit is not reduced, while the 5,000 that brings you below the mark receives a reduction.

As far as whether the damage reduction is still in place after the blow that brings you below 35%, I believe that it is still intact but the wording does not make it very clear.

I think the main aim is that they didn't want a near constant 30% damage reduction on super hard hitting bosses.

here's the original improved AD from a month ago:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ardent Defender: Redesigned. Any damage that takes the paladin below 35% health or below is reduced. This reduction applies only to the portion that pushes the paladin below 35% health (example: a paladin at 50% health takes a 40% hit; the first 15% hits as normal while the next 25% is reduced). In addition, once every 2 minutes an attack that would have killed the paladin will fail to kill, and instead set the paladin's health to 10/20/30% of maximum.
    now the Key words in that tooltip is the "or below" after the 35% health meaning even if you take more damage after 35% health you still get a reduction. that wording is not in the new one. it better be a typo. I'll be testing it on PTR as soon as i can.

@ msls4e10

Thanks for Registering to insult me. I have a life and a career and don't live in my mother's basement. I'm sorry if i can't be proud of my Class/Spec.

gd luminar. i seriously can't believe you still don't understand that the AD change is a buff even after this was explained to you by multiple ppl. fuck the tooltip b/c clearly it's not helping you any and read this:

1) when you dip below 35% health, all dmg taken is reduced by 30%.
    2) when it comes to the blow that takes you below 35% health, only the portion of the blow bringing you sub 35% is reduced by the AD affect

THIS IS ALL. STOP POSTING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
    and yes, i do see how the tooltip couid be misleading.... if you haven't been paying attention to blue posts for the last 3 months. i'm holy and even i know what blue is trying to say.

Deleted

A QQing paladin? WHAT?! THIS IS MADNESS!

move along.

Quote Originally Posted by apokteino
    gd luminar. i seriously can't believe you still don't understand that the AD change is a buff even after this was explained to you by multiple ppl. fuck the tooltip b/c clearly it's not helping you any and read this:

1) when you dip below 35% health, all dmg taken is reduced by 30%.
    2) when it comes to the blow that takes you below 35% health, only the portion of the blow bringing you sub 35% is reduced by the AD affect

THIS IS ALL. STOP POSTING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
    That's what i've been saying from the start... "That is All" there is no other reduction after that.... >_>

I love how i post a legitimate concern that I have and I'm instead replied with "QQ MOAR PALLY LAWL" and stupid stuff like "L2READ". I'm sorry if I actually read the new patch notes word for word and analyze them this deeply but this is what I saw as a difference and it concerned me. it could be non-existent and just not worded properly in this patch and like i said i will test it on the PTR. but saying that multiple people have explained it to me is wrong. Multiple people have said irrelevant things to the point i was making.

whatever, you guys clearly don't see it the same way i do. I'll do my testng and go from there.

You have no idea how Argent Defender works right now do you? It is barely worth the points.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayded1
    You have no idea how Argent Defender works right now do you? It is barely worth the points.
    Only in Ulduar for hard hitting bosses.

it has MANY uses on lower damage bosses and aoe trash pulls or soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    That's what i've been saying from the start... "That is All" there is no other reduction after that.... >_>
    ok... so you are either 1) mildly retarded 2) 8 years old or 3) totally messing with me.

you are at 40%. you get hit for 15k. you drop down to 15%. you get hit again for dmg equal to 15% of your health. you live b/c AD mitigated 30% of the dmg FROM THE 2ND BLOW YOU TOOK WHILE UNDER 35% HEALTH. lets say you're at 4% health. you get healed up to 34%. guess what... next hit you take is STILL going to be reduced by AD even though it is the third hit you took while under 35%. i can't make it any fucking clearer.

The point of the patch note change stating that only the portion that brings you below 35% gets the reduction does not mean that after that one hit there is no more damage reduction.

You still get damage reduction at 30, 25, 20, 15, 10% and so forth until you die.

They changed "The hit that brings you below 35%" and that is all. The reason that they did this is because hard hitting bosses frequently bring you below 35%, and that would be too much damage reduction if the 30% was applied to the full hit.

yes... i understood the Leap frogging and how it is done >_> for the 10 millionth time.

do i have to draw a picture of what i mean? i see Finglafin understands at least.

let's say your 35% hp is at 10k HP. you are at 20k HP and take a 16k hit so 10k normal damage and then the 6k is reduced by 30% so you are left with 5800 HP (instead of the 4k HP you normally would've had without the leap frogging)

so far we were ALWAYS on the same page. here's where I am concerned by the wording:

NOW that you're at 5800 HP you take another hit for 5k damage. The Old AD would reduce that 5k damage by 30% as well but this new Wording implies that there is no more reduction unless you get healed above 35% HP and drop through it again where you get a reduction only for that 1 hit that breaks the 35% threshold.

and THAT is what i will be testing.

thank you, Good night.

The Old AD would reduce that 5k damage by 30% as well but this new Wording implies that there is no more reduction unless you get healed above 35% HP and drop through it again where you get a reduction only for that 1 hit that breaks the 35% threshold.
    precisely why i told you to ignore the wording. it's misleading if you haven't been paying attention to blue posts for the last 3 months. this is not how AD currently works on the PTR nor is it how blizzard wants to make it work and therefore.... it doesn't work that way regardless fo the broken tooltip. test away...

Any damage that takes the paladin below 35% health is reduced.

That is how the tooltip reads on the front page of mmo-champion right now.

If that is to be taken literally it would mean that we only get the damage reduction for the attack that make our health cross the %35 barrier instead of the old version being that all damage while under %35 health is reduced.

I'm not sure whether that is a misrepresentation of the ability in the tooltip, or if it has been changed.

ummm... if by "inflammatory and presumptuous" you mean my telling him to ignore the obviously broken and misleading tooltip that will be clarified within a couple days... the one that had him all confused and thinking paladin tanks were getting nerfed... if that's what you mean then i'm guilty as charged.

for what it's worth in my first post i gave "proof" that this isn't the way AD will work was b/c this isn't how it's working on the PTR nor is it how blizzard wants AD to work (little fyi... prot paladins are getting buffed). and in my 2nd post i told him to ignore the tooltip altogether b/c it's clearly wrong. however he continued to reply how he knows all about leapfrogging and bleh bleh bleh. i honestly thought he was just messing with me b/c i made explained myself incredibly clearly. maybe you can understand my frustration and why i felt like i was talking to a fucking wall.

by "inflammatory and presumptuous" he means ASSUMING that we SHOULD ignore the difference in tooltip without properly testing it in the first place.

I dont understand how this is a PvE nerf, it seems like a buff to me. With the current size of most heals, and most damage, you aren't going to be staying at 1-35% health for very long. If you are already below 35% health, and you get hit, you're dead. Except that now you won't be dead because of the funky passive cooldown. If you drop below 35% health and you have a healer on you (I mean, you are the tank, so this is pretty likely...) you'll be back up above 35% health in a matter of seconds, just in time to be hit again and dropped below 35%, where the damage reduction kicks in again.

Seems like a great ability to give healers a little more breathing room in bringing a low tank back up through heavy damage.

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

Quote Originally Posted by xbigcokex
    umm yes
    only an idiot would do this

anyone can play a mage, but it takes alot of skill to be a Good mage
    Anyone can play any class. But it takes alot of "skill" to master each class.

And as for this thread. Go Prot Pallys!