Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SPriest PvP 3.2 Build thread

Where are you going to find 5 points to put in to Imp MB? (If the tree wasn't bloated enough)

I'm struggling to find 5 points that are worth losing in order to get the MS effect. Which will inevitably be instantly dispelled anyway. T_T

This is all I've got so far.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...&version=10072

Re: SPriest PvP 3.2 Build thread

very similar to what i came up with, i didn't take Twisted Faith. Depending on your comp/play style those may be better off in imp PWS, meditation, or even imp fort for 5's.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by Unizo

I'm struggling to find 5 points that are worth losing in order to get the MS effect. Which will inevitably be instantly dispelled anyway. T_T
    Yeah coz once you have 2 (magic) dots, misery and VT and 30% dispels protection, not to mention that dispelling VT is going to hurt a lot more, everyone's dispel is going to intelligently pick the MS effect only.

If you put up your debuffs properly the MS effect is going to have a fair amount of protection.

I agree that the shadow tree is too bloated for PvP... I also feel that spriests natural crit rates are very low in comparison to other caster classes and that once we wear pvp gear and factor in opponents resilience our crit rate becomes almost non-existent.

For that reason I think you are better off forgetting shadow power & mind melt and pick up the following spec.

I would have to play a bit to see if that works... if it became apparently clear that we had to stack crit i'd probably sacrafice a lot of disc points (imp mana burn, inner fire, imp fort) to pick up shadow power and find 2 points out of shadow to place in mind melt.

I think they need to revaluate how many points shadow power requires... I believe locks get the same talent for 1 point and while direct class comparisons don't always prove anything I think due to how bloated our tree is for PvP that there is a fair case that shadow power should be less talent points.

No, warlocks are 5 points aswell.

I should clarify. It use to be a 1 point talent but it then was their 21 special. they didnt get a skill for it like others do just the passive increase to crit. When the trees were redone for Wrath they wanted all locks to have access to 100% crit, so they moved it up in tiers and made it 5 points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Locks debuff only applies to Hots while this applies to all healing spells.

Doubt this change will go live and even if so.. it wont change much. Spriests r usually paired with rogues (like 99%), so. who cares about additianal nonstackable 20%? same's for mages.. but they got a bit moar opportunities if to talk about arena partners.

ANYWAYS. Spriest doesnt need 20% MS. Gief survivability instead LEWL blizz

p.s. who said the MS effect will be displellable?

Whats wrong with it being dispelable? Dont you want them to be tempted to dispel it so that Unstable afflictions little baby brother could whack em?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist
    No, warlocks are 5 points aswell.
    thats right, they swapped the points required for that and 5% crit around... it used to be 1 point. Still the shadow tree is very bloated and our naturally low crit rate makes crit talents very ordinary, so I still think something needs to be done there.

Will this debuff stack with regular MS? Also, this buff seems to favor RPM where P = Discipline, seeing the mages got the same debuff.

Also, Worshaka - Misery is not magic effect so it's 3 thingies we got up that can be dispelled (SWP, VT and VE). If the MS debuff will be a magic one, that it'll really suck seeing that warrior's MS has no classification.

In the future if these changes stay the same I will be running Spriest/Afflock/Resdruid.

Depending on if Dispersion stays at 1:15.
    There is no need for most abilities that give mana efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Will this debuff stack with regular MS? Also, this buff seems to favor RPM where P = Discipline, seeing the mages got the same debuff.

Also, Worshaka - Misery is not magic effect so it's 3 thingies we got up that can be dispelled (SWP, VT and VE). If the MS debuff will be a magic one, that it'll really suck seeing that warrior's MS has no classification.
    I haven't PvP'd as shadow considering it's fail... but I would have assumed it was a magic debuff... it puts a debuff up on bosses so weird its not magic.

Deleted

I saw the changes and i m very happy about them since their gonna give us a boost in pvp.
    Ppl keep complaining, but u know...ppl will always complain.
    So about the build after some thoughts i think i will go out with Shadow play set up (old school baby!)
    and specing ma b....ch like that : http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...&version=10072

I didn't put points in shadow power cause even now i don't see that talent working same as before since most PvP community uses some resilliance and doesn't have problems with Power Criticals. Okie me myself i've screen shotted some 8k shots in bgs...but i see my char doesn't crit often and in high amount anymore when i play with an equal gear player with me.And i have 20% crit chance with talents...But i can see my dots critting a lot so i ll keep the 6%+ crit chance in my buffed dots :P .
    Also i can't find any weak spots about our mana since 1.15 dispertion makes our mana efficience imba +imp pet.

My question is in glyphs...Should i use PW:S(even 1k of heal can make a difference in arena)....or SW(10% more when the target dies might be a kill and not be killed by deaths backlash)....or fading (15sec cd to remove ball breaking snares)
    ....or IFi glyph (i can go 8k armor with that but...is it really some answer?)....or MD glyph in order not to burn a shitload of mana everytime pally/mage/dk goes immune?

Soz for wall text but...that was my thoughts.Plz help for the glyphs cause i m getting eritated and comfused with them :/ .

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Neo_mat
    I liked it after i saw it.But:
    1.when drainer teams...what?u see 1 min dispertion isn't enough to beat that maybe maybe.
    2.Shadow Power...i used to loved it but... Really,how often u crit in arena?(i want true answer :P)
    3.In what setup u will play that build?
    4.I'm not offending just asking and trying to solve my comfusion too

Deleted

Id never take shadow power to PVP with, our crit chance is like 4% VS another ressillince geared player, 5 points better spent elsewere.

Quote Originally Posted by Unizo
    Where are you going to find 5 points to put in to Imp MB? (If the tree wasn't bloated enough)

This is all I've got so far.

so far i can see 3 points taken out of shadow Affinity. do we really need that? i will see what else i can find.

Personally I'd go

5 points left over. Thinking either shadow power (though limited use will depend alot on what resil people run with next season) or martyrdom/imp shield or martyrdom/shadow aff. From what I've heard dispelling VT hit for about 5.5k - 5.8k on the PTR and running with 2400 SP and 1k+ resil next season with the dispersion change mana really wont be an issue.