Page 1 of 3
LastLast

MS Debuff solves Everything

im sick of this re-occuring theme blizzard has been using to attempt to fix certain classes in arena. The MS debuff has now been given to mages and spriest, when is this stupid move gonna stop being tossed around, next thing you know DK's and pally's will have it. Why dont we just enter the game with a 50% healing debuff up at all times, seriously this is beyond a joke

Re: MS Debuff solves Everything

it wont change a thing lol

for starters, its the PTR. Nothing is guaranteed to go live.

second of all, spriests are lacking something to make them appealing in different comps for 3s and 5s, thats all they're trying to do there.

as for mages, no clue.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&n=Wexx

!?! what? i haven't seen anything dealing with spriests and mages getting an MS effect. Plz provide a link so i can see it for myself.

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

how is this a bad thing? its a good change to bring in more double caster/healer teams in 3v3 and lower cleaves dominance and the reliance to have a class with ms on your team. this will bring a lot more variations of comps, mage/dk/healer etc and maybe shadowplay will make a return. i really cant think of a better way they could have done this.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by skillunit
    im sick of this re-occuring theme blizzard has been using to attempt to fix certain classes in arena. The MS debuff has now been given to mages and spriest, when is this stupid move gonna stop being tossed around, next thing you know DK's and pally's will have it. Why dont we just enter the game with a 50% healing debuff up at all times, seriously this is beyond a joke
    Hello DeathKnight!

mages now bring every single desirable aspect to a 3v3. ev er e thing.
    what gives any class the right to this?
    i cant think of any other class that can bring this aspect except a rogue. oh, and dpriests can now spec 15 pts into shadow for an ms as well (not that its a good idea for some comps)

cleave only dominates people with low coordination btw

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    i cant think of any other class that can bring this aspect except a rogue. oh, and dpriests can now spec 15 pts into shadow for an ms as well (not that its a good idea for some comps)
    I still would like a bubble, vanish, stealth, deathgrip, HoT and quite a few other abilities for my mage.

The only reason you feel bad about this because you, and the other bubblekids, will have a slightly higher chance of not facerolling.

priests cant spend 15 point to get it if u reread it it requires shadow form
    <Coalition of the Horde> Burning Blade
    Duskfang[Rogue] 80 ~~~~~~~~~~~ Solaaris[Druid] 80
    Sløwburn[Shaman] 80 ~~~~~~~~~~ Tallurin[Paladin] 80
    Ghøststalker[Hunter] 80 ~~~~~~ Førsakken[Priest] 80
    Sollarin[Death Knight] 80 ~~~~ Flipkick[Warrior] 80
    ßurnnøtice[Mage] 80 ~~~~~~~~~~ Nýhm[Warlock] 55

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    I still would like a bubble, vanish, stealth, deathgrip, HoT and quite a few other abilities for my mage.

The only reason you feel bad about this because you, and the other bubblekids, will have a slightly higher chance of not facerolling.
    sad little mage.

bubble? iceblock? vanish? invis? stealth? invis? deathgrip? ranged frost nova?

anyways, done with the pointlessness that is comparing abilities. you bring all the things you want in the cookie cutter approach of team building

in a team you want ms, cc, survivability, controlled burst, interrupts, and escape/peeling
    (probably forgot a little)

mages bring all of this, which almost no other class does
    oh, also, mages bring this at range compared to rogues, who can be slowed and therefore mostly negated.
    Quote Originally Posted by duskfang
    priests cant spend 15 point to get it if u reread it it requires shadow form
    ahh damn. was hoping my dpriest could pick it up for my 2's...

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

cleave only dominates people with low coordination btw
    No they can't. Read the WHOLE of the patch notes. It requires shadowform.

Improved Mind Blast: Redesigned. Now, in addition to reducing the cooldown of your Mind Blast spell by .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds, while in Shadowform your Mind Blast also has a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to reduce all healing done to the target by 20% for 10 seconds.

Bubble - Ice Barrier/Ice Block

Vanish, Stealth - Invisibilty

Deathgrip - Blink (deathgrip in reverse, but no idea why a cloth caster would want to get in melee range)

And if you take up Alchemy you've got your HoT.

Did you not know you had all those abilities?

-edit-

seems someone else go in before me:P

Its quite simple to me.

Nerf damage? (resil = overall dmg nerf)

Thats a heal buff

Nerf healing effects?

Thats a heal nerf

Hey presto - less burst, less healing to compensate the nerf to dps.

Not the most imaginative method - but an obvious one really

While I think that they are doing exactly what they said they didn't want to do as far as homoginizing classes even more by adding the healing debuff to more classes, it is only %20 rather than 50%.

I can't see why they would add this to mages considering the high representation of mages anyhow, but this will give shadow priests a much needed boost.

My biggest complaint is that now I'll need to level my mage and give up on my warrior.

I am a little sad that a healing debuff is Blizzard's go-to fix for this. I don't understand mages getting it. Spriests... maybe.

But in all likelyhood this won't go through. Anyone remember enh-shaman being offered this carrot-on-a-stick on PTR a long while ago?

I can see that Blizzard is upset over their massive failure to make Paladin's better by simply flooding them with burst. Perhaps this is them trying a different approach?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MagZero
    Bubble - Ice Barrier
    I can not do anything while IB'ed
    Paladins can and they will.

Vanish, Stealth - Invisibilty
    Vanish: The ultimate "Oh-shit" button (*surely when macro'ed with Cloak of skills*)
    Stealth: Yo can see all other players, unlike Invisibility

Deathgrip - Blink (deathgrip in reverse, but no idea why a cloth caster would want to get in melee range)
    I want them to come to me, so my melee teammates can take them.
    Ranged fNova from my elemental doesn't really pull the target towards me, does it?

And if you take up Alchemy you've got your HoT.
    Yeah, and bandaging yourself is also counted as real "healing".

I can not do anything while IB'ed
    Paladins can and they will.
    Vanish: The ultimate "Oh-shit" button (*surely when macro'ed with Cloak of skills*)
    Stealth: Yo can see all other players, unlike Invisibility
    I want them to come to me, so my melee teammates can take them.
    Ranged fNova from my elemental doesn't really pull the target towards me, does it?
    Yeah, and bandaging yourself is also counted as real "healing".
    this is the arena forum. you dont do anything while iceblocked, because your partners do it for you.

if you're talking about duels, im sure theres a forum for that somewhere, on some site.

also "i want them to come to me, so my melee teammates can take them" is just fucking funny.

you're funny! congrats.

this is the arena forum. you dont do anything while iceblocked, because your partners do it for you.

if you're talking about duels, im sure theres a forum for that somewhere, on some site.

also "i want them to come to me, so my melee teammates can take them" is just fucking funny.

you're funny! congrats.
    argh retri :/

Somnio I don't understand. Are you complaining because you think mages don't have enough tools or because... well I don't know.

Sure the guy said mages (frost) bring "every desirable blah blah to 3s" but if you break it down as...

"OH SHIT" defensive - IB (bubble)
    "Aggro drop" - Invis (vanish)
    Burst - Shatter (muti/finisher)
    CC - Sheep, Deep Freeze (blind, sap, stuns)
    Interrupt - Counter Spell (kick, gouge, etc)
    MS - Empowered Frost bolt (wound poison, MS, AS)
    Snares/Slows - Chill effects, frost novas

The only real thing mages lack is healing... except Glyph of Evocation = 60% hp, if you go Herb (esp with the buff it is scheduled to receive), bandages, food.

So yes, mages are very strong already and their representation is high. I feel like it is a valid question to wonder why mages are lined up for MS.