I only do about 2.5 dps at 80 10naxx/EoH gear. Help me! (boomkin)

okay so, they pull me into naxx to get me geared and stuff and i end up doing really crappy dps :'( i really need help raising it up high. I only average about 2.5k dps
    im a balance druid, and im suppossed to put out a lot more. could it be my talent tree? or am i not doing the right rotation? my rotation is: FF IS MF wrathx3(or how many it takes to proc eclipse) SF SF SF SF SF(until eclipse ends) then i reapeat while keeping my DoTs up.

heres the link to my character you can check out my stuff there
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mi&gn=Homesick

let me know if you have anything to say or help me with asap!

Thanks, Karahakami

Re: I only do about 2.5 dps at 80 10naxx/EoH gear. Help me! (boomkin)

ur way over the hit cap, switch the enchant on ur gloves for the SP one. get your chest enchanted with +stats and get your shoulders enchanted.

2.5k dps isnt that bad for ur gear if ur not getting much other buffs.
    given ur low haste and high crit, a solar eclipse rotation is best.

well, i thought the hit cap was 17%? and i still miss. should i work on getting haste? and lower my hit?

and the thing is everyone in the raids does about 3k at least. and i can only seem to get up there with all of the buffs and other things.

your spec needs some altering, thats why ur not hit capped. u need to get 3/3 improved faerie fire and drop dreamstate. also you should pick up starfall and lose a point in moonglow

True what Rathofvol said ... You miss cause you haven't improved faerie fire talented, which means you miss 3% hit rating & it can be very painful ... I would also recommend to change the glyph of Wrath with the glyph of moonfire ...

You have way too much points spent on mana regeneration talents ... even if you have problems in your raid composition, I still think they are too much & could be benefited somewhere else ...

As you also need enchants on your chest ( +stats ), your back ( +haste ), shoulders ( +SP & crit ) & change the one on the gloves with +SP

Ahhhhh, depending on your low haste & high crit, it is true that a solar eclipse would be more suitable for you, but if you keep using a lunar one, then Idol of the Shooting Star is the best one around ...

Anyways, your DPS will improve more & more when you'll gain the 4-piece bonus set ...

Wish ya the best & good luck !!!

alright, if your talent tree is already like that could you link it to me plz? im trying to find the best one for raiding. also should i start stacking more hast instead of hit rating? everyone tells me to go for hit rating and crit but im just not sure what to do. and is there anything else i could do? because im really trying to pick up the dps so they dont have to just pull me around. any suggestions for anything would be nice

well the reason why i put those points into mana regen is because if im in any fight that is long or about the length of kel'thuzad's i seem to run out of mana quickly and there is usually a mage or something that i give innervate to because he does more dps than me. so i lack regen or at least i think so.

As long as you you have 2 points in Balance of Power & 3 in Improved Faerie Fire, then your hit cap is 262 ... anything more would be just a waste ...sometimes it is unavoidable since it comes along with the gear, which is kinda ok ...

Hmmmmm ... to be honest, I would care more about myself than others ... True that it is a raid & everyone has to contribute for the best performance of the whole raid, but since you are asked to bring more DPS, you have to go through what is most best for you ... But anyways, with some improvements on your gear, sooner or later, you will be able to drop those points ...

hmm... okay. could you maybe link me a build of some sort that incorporates those? because im not so sure on what to take away. sorry about all the problems and questions its just i quit playing before all of these patches and now things are different. thanks for the help

No problem m8 ... Feel free & you are quite welcomed

Here is my armory link if you're interested Cyclope. Maybe it could help you a bit.

I've been changing my build a lot lately, trying to reach out the best possible one for our usual raids combination ... There isn't smth like a must, you will find out what suits you & your guild more

You can find helpful guides on this site, as well there is also TheMooonkinRepository which is only dedicated for moonkins, providing hints, info & help.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieglez16
    well the reason why i put those points into mana regen is because if im in any fight that is long or about the length of kel'thuzad's i seem to run out of mana quickly and there is usually a mage or something that i give innervate to because he does more dps than me. so i lack regen or at least i think so.
    Mages have their own methods of getting / saving mana and shouldn't require Innervate. In theory you shouldn't need it either, but you need either gear or regen talents for that to be the case. So until then, save Innervate for yourself and tell the mage to sort out his own mana issues - he can't rely on a druid being there, so he needs his own methods anyway.

In terms of a basic spec, here's one that should have plenty enough regen for you while including all the primary DPS talents: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0xG0u...ouZbxcub:urfzm

As your gear gets better you can swap out Intensity & eventually Mooonglow for other talents like Imp MF, Typhoon, Gale Winds, Owlkin Frenzy, but none of those are actually 'required' for decent DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    Mages have their own methods of getting / saving mana and shouldn't require Innervate. In theory you shouldn't need it either, but you need either gear or regen talents for that to be the case. So until then, save Innervate for yourself and tell the mage to sort out his own mana issues - he can't rely on a druid being there, so he needs his own methods anyway.
    Thumbs up !!!!!!!!!!!

Random poke at your feral kitty spec Cyclop, but you do know Protector of the Pack only increases your AP in bear form right?

Don't blame me Blasfomy, I only have few decent pieces of feral gear & been trying things out of curiosity & boredom ... as you have noticed, I did not even bother to change the glyphs ... that's all

alright thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclope
    been trying things out of curiosity & boredom
    Sounds hawt.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasfomy
    Sounds hawt.
    Sounds & it is