Elemental Shaman Help

Okay http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...h&n=Bl%C3%B4od Is my toon pushing up to 3.5k DPS I don't know if it's enough DPS with my gear but anyways I think I still need some more help of getting up to 4k DPS I don't what I'm doing wrong

My Rotation FS-LvB-LB-LB-LB-Fs-LB-LvB-etc
    i also do CL in my rotation when there is more than one mob

Tell Me What Im doing wrong please
    :-[

Wasn't accepted in Ulduar groups of my dps

Re: Elemental Shaman Help

Chain lightning increases DPS a bit even on single targets but its less mana effective and not suitable for longer fights. Also adding another shock into the rotation would help ... an FS-ES-FS ... and so on can increase dps a little more (but you will need 20 yards distance not 35) also maybe change the glyph of flametongue to lightning bolt glyph?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ilialilov
    Chain lightning increases DPS a bit even on single targets but its less mana effective and not suitable for longer fights. Also adding another shock into the rotation would help ... an FS-ES-FS ... and so on can increase dps a little more (but you will need 20 yards distance not 35) also maybe change the glyph of flametongue to lightning bolt glyph?
    Dude, don't talk about things you have no clue about.

DON'T EVER USE OTHER SHOCKS THAN FLAME SHOCK! (except when walking)
    CL has the same casting time as a shock has GCD. So IF you want to cast something fast, cast CL.

Now... first of all: trade the flametongue glyph for Lightning Bolt.
    Your spec is alright.
    Seriously, get a clue how to gem...
    Put the gem from your waist into your head and vice versa. Gives you 8 Haste Rating.
    Get a better shoulder enchant.
    Enchant your chest. (8 Stats is okay, 10 would be ideal)
    Enchant your bracers.
    Enchant your boots and take out the Hit gem, then you're exactly hit capped.

That's all... your gear isn't really great, so that might be a problem...

And for your "Rotation"... first of all: Elemental Shamans use a priority system.
    Listed by priorities:
    1.) Flame Shock Debuff up
    2.) Lava Burst
    3.) Lightning Bolt
    4.) Chain Lightning

If the FS is on target, use LvB. If LvB is on CD and FS is up, use LB. If FS is up and you have ~1.2 seconds til your next LvB, use CL.
    etc.

So the ideal rotation (i.e. at Patchwerk) would be as follows:
    FS-LvB-LB-CL-LB-LB-LB-LvB-LB-LB-LB-LB - repeat
    At least that's what I'd guess would be good for your amount of haste. (That's assuming you have all raid buffs[3% Haste from Owl/Ret and 5% from Totem])

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi

CL has the same casting time as a shock has GCD. So IF you want to cast something fast, cast CL.

Your spec is alright.
    Put the gem from your waist into your head and vice versa. Gives you 8 Haste Rating.
    Enchant your bracers.

And for your "Rotation"... first of all: Elemental Shamans use a priority system.
    Listed by priorities:
    2.) Lava Burst
    3.) Lightning Bolt
    4.) Chain Lightning

If the FS is on target, use LvB. If LvB is on CD and FS is up, use LB. If FS is up and you have ~1.2 seconds til your next LvB, use CL.
    etc.

At least that's what I'd guess would be good for your amount of haste. (That's assuming you have all raid buffs[3% Haste from Owl/Ret and 5% from Totem])
    I lol'd.

Your spec is alright.
    Enchant your bracers.

Listed by priorities:
    2.) Lava Burst
    3.) Lightning Bolt
    4.) Chain Lightning

etc.

he is right
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

Quote Originally Posted by Facerolling.
    I lol'd.
    Why? He's spot on.

Listed by priorities:
    2.) Lava Burst
    3.) Lightning Bolt
    4.) Chain Lightning

etc.

Uhhhh... what?

First off, the elemental rotation is NOT priority based. The way that an elemental shaman should dps is based off of a FIXED rotation. With the appropriate haste raid buffs (3% from moonkin/ret and wrath of air 5%) you need around 515 haste to complete the optimal rotation, which is

FS > LvB > LB > LB > LB > LB > LB > LvB > LB > LB > LB > LB

In short, a 5, 4 rotation. Flame Shock, Lava burst, 5 Lightning Bolts, Lava Burst, then 4 Lightning Bolts.

With higher counts of SP (I'd say anywhere above 2k), the coefficient on Chain Lightning when compared to Lightning Bolt is too weak to use. Combined with that and the mana cost, you will see yourself going oom, or wasting globals on Thunderstorm for mana.

Also, Earth Shock should never be an option really. When correctly speced into Booming Echos, you will see that Flame Shock hits for just as hard, if not harder, and it means you dont have to waste another global next time you stop moving.

Please take a suggestion from your own book and

Quote Originally Posted by Satiel

Uhhhh... what?

First off, the elemental rotation is NOT priority based. The way that an elemental shaman should dps is based off of a FIXED rotation. With the appropriate haste raid buffs (3% from moonkin/ret and wrath of air 5%) you need around 515 haste to complete the optimal rotation, which is

FS > LvB > LB > LB > LB > LB > LB > LvB > LB > LB > LB > LB

In short, a 5, 4 rotation. Flame Shock, Lava burst, 5 Lightning Bolts, Lava Burst, then 4 Lightning Bolts.

With higher counts of SP (I'd say anywhere above 2k), the coefficient on Chain Lightning when compared to Lightning Bolt is too weak to use. Combined with that and the mana cost, you will see yourself going oom, or wasting globals on Thunderstorm for mana.

Also, Earth Shock should never be an option really. When correctly speced into Booming Echos, you will see that Flame Shock hits for just as hard, if not harder, and it means you dont have to waste another global next time you stop moving.
    No u!

Your right in that every ele shaman should aim for the 'magic haste number' to fit a 5 LB between LvB's. But underneath that number, it ain't happening, and as such, it IS a priority based rotation.

If your flame shock isn't up, your lava burst may not crit. Thats not acceptable, so FS is a PRIORITY.

Likewise if you start to cast a LB at ~0.5 sec before LvB comes off cooldown, your gonna waste a maybe 1 full sec before you can fire off your LvB.

so yes, its entirely priority based, being 1) FS and 2) LvB. You spam LB until such a point where you can hit a LvB as soon as its off CD, not after, and use CL with its shorter cast time to tighten any gaps in your rotation that may be due to lack of haste.

And also, there is no reason to use any shock other than FS for an ele shaman, not *ever*

Quote Originally Posted by Hobopimp
    No u!

Your right in that every ele shaman should aim for the 'magic haste number' to fit a 5 LB between LvB's. But underneath that number, it ain't happening, and as such, it IS a priority based rotation.

If your flame shock isn't up, your lava burst may not crit. Thats not acceptable, so FS is a PRIORITY.

Likewise if you start to cast a LB at ~0.5 sec before LvB comes off cooldown, your gonna waste a maybe 1 full sec before you can fire off your LvB.

so yes, its entirely priority based, being 1) FS and 2) LvB. You spam LB until such a point where you can hit a LvB as soon as its off CD, not after, and use CL with its shorter cast time to tighten any gaps in your rotation that may be due to lack of haste.

And also, there is no reason to use any shock other than FS for an ele shaman, not *ever*
    Yes, I would agree part of what you say. Flame Shock is priority only in the sence that it must be ALWAYS on the mob. And yes, LvB is the most powerful spell in an elemental shaman's arsenal at the moment.

There is no reason not to have atleast that much haste. If you are under it, enchant and gem for it. When appropriately raid buffed, 515 is just a round number I would use because of latency. If you have a higher latency, you might need upwards of 530, if you have a low latency you could go as low as 500.

Yes, I would agree part of what you say. Flame Shock is priority only in the sence that it must be ALWAYS on the mob. And yes, LvB is the most powerful spell in an elemental shaman's arsenal at the moment.

There is no reason not to have atleast that much haste. If you are under it, enchant and gem for it. When appropriately raid buffed, 515 is just a round number I would use because of latency. If you have a higher latency, you might need upwards of 530, if you have a low latency you could go as low as 500.
    meh, i kinda agree, maybe its just me personally but i would never gem or enchant for haste when i could gem for spellpower.

I prioritise stats thus;

hit>spellpower>haste>crit

And so once hit capped, i would only gem sp.

4 LB's that hit for 7k = more dmg than 5 LB's that hit for 5k.

Myself, I'm currently floating around 450 - 500 haste raidbuffed and with an odd CL thrown in to tighten my rotation its suiting me fine (although obviously more haste would be nice to drop the CL out for good, but i see that more as a bonus, i wouldn't sacrifice sp to get there.)

you should also level your professions. if you keep skinning and level it up - leatherworking would fit great for skinning and your gear if needed.

skinning gives crit... maybe not as great as the other professions - but its something. And LW gives you a much better bracer enchant.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hobopimp
    Mimiron P2, if you must run from Laser Barrage.
    Frost Shock > Flame Shock
    But oh well.. there aren't many examples of such situations... so it isn't that important.

Never wrote anything about Earth Shock. Just said that another Shock might be better than Flame Shock, depending on the situation.
    And NO, Flame Shock doesn't hit as hard as Earth Shock.
    Flame Shock hits for 500 base damage, +20% Booming Echoes = 600.
    Earth Shock hits for ~875 base damage.
    Flame Shock has a coefficient of 21.42%, *1.2 (Booming Echoes) = 25.704%.
    Earth Shock has a coefficient of 38.58%.

So Flame Shock will NEVER EVER hit NEARLY as hard as Earth Shock.

The thing with priority-system has been stated.

Now that's an interesting point... you know... even when not using Thunderstorm, your chances of going oom are pretty low. WHEN you DO go oom and you have to use it.. just use it while avoiding something.
    Other than that... the coefficient at which CL does less DPS than LB is way higher than you think... don't know exactly, but I think it was somewhere above 3 or 4k.

here is no reason not to have atleast that much haste. If you are under it, enchant and gem for it.
    As Hobopimp posted: Hit (til cap) > Spellpower > Haste(til ~Softcap) > Crit
    If you gem for haste instead of spellpower, you're doing something wrong.

I have a theoretical question:

Let's say LvB is on CD with more than 3 seconds left. FS has just run out.

Do I
    a) cast another LB and apply FS just before LvB comes off CD, or do I
    b) recast FS immediately, and keep casting LB until LvB comes off CD?

Which is it, and why?
    This space is available for rent!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by gringo

Do I

Which is it, and why?
    Recast FS immediately, as you get more ticks out of it. (If you do it more than once)

Quote Originally Posted by gringo

Do I

Which is it, and why?
    B) FS then LB, then LvB.

Even better if elem mastery is up you should FS > elem mastery + LB > LvB

Though i always refresh FS on its last tick, so it should never drop off.

The important thing is to have FS up + never wait more than 0.5 secs for a LvB / delay your LvB by 0.5 sec

If your LvB is almost but not quite off CD, use your judgement and cast whatever you can unless its going to delay your LvB by ~0.5 - 1 sec.

Highest dps comes from always having FS up and firing LvB exactly on CD, thats what we aim for.

Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24
    you should also level your professions.  if you keep skinning and level it up - leatherworking would fit great for skinning and your gear if needed.

skinning gives crit... maybe not as great as the other professions - but its something.  And LW gives you a much better bracer enchant. 
    I am not going to re-hash everything that they have been saying because the majority of them are right.  I do believe that Elemental is priory based. FS>LvB>LB>CL Only use Chain Lightning if your Lightning Bolts are not fitting perfectly between your Lava Bursts.  I would like to add that once you get to around 2100 Damage your Glyph of Totem of Wrath should be replaced with Glyph of Lightning Bolt because the coefficent of LB is such that it would be more beneficial to you (atleast that is what the Bible...I mean Elitest Jerks says). 

EDIT: Forgot to talk about professions. IMO you should pickup LW to go with your skinning until LW is high enough to get the Bracer enchants. At that point drop skinning and pickup Jewelcrafting. Even with the incoming Nerfs it is still head and shoulders above the rest. If you do not want to spend the gold on JC, drop skinning for Tailoring, Lightweave Embroidery would be a nice asset. Skinning is not a proff you min/max with, again, this is all just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    I am not going to re-hash everything that they have been saying because the majority of them are right. I do believe that Elemental is priory based. FS>LvB>LB>CL Only use Chain Lightning if your Lightning Bolts are not fitting perfectly between your Lava Bursts. I would like to add that once you get to around 2100 Damage your Glyph of Totem of Wrath should be replaced with Glyph of Lightning Bolt because the coefficent of LB is such that it would be more beneficial to you (atleast that is what the Bible...I mean Elitest Jerks says).
    You should be using Glyph of LB, Totem of Wrath, and Flame Shock.
    "This one time, I died and lost all my lifes in Mario. It's not fair because I should be able to save the princess too." -Offhand

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    I would like to add that once you get to around 2100 Damage your Glyph of Totem of Wrath should be replaced with Glyph of Lightning Bolt because the coefficent of LB is such that it would be more beneficial to you (atleast that is what the Bible...I mean Elitest Jerks says).
    Aren't the three strongest glyphs (at least atm) FS > LB > ToW?

PS: Found it:
    http://elitistjerks.com/blogs/binken...hs_totems.html

trainwreck

What glyphs should I use for PVP? Only BG's not Arena. I was thinking FS, Stoneclaw and ToW. Would it be better to take Lava or LB over ToW?

Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck
    What glyphs should I use for PVP? Only BG's not Arena. I was thinking FS, Stoneclaw and ToW. Would it be better to take Lava or LB over ToW?
    Imo:

LvB (you just have to love the imba crits)
    ToW (keeps more sp while moving)
    mastery (for small bg with often small groups with healer) or stoneclaw to survive a lil longer

in larger bg's like AV chainlight could be a nice one to pump up dmg done.