Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: From Stars: Yogg-Saron +0 Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by majestic
    wow way to miss his fucking point and call him a bunch of names well done sir well done.

Let me explain it for you, he was saying that its unfair and unrealistic to say that once the top horde guild takes "10 players" and the top alliance guild takes "10 players" to fill the req's for this fight, that there will be no other players left with the skill to complete this fight.......out of the 10 million+ that play wow.

Again Well done sir on the reading comprehension.
    Because its true.

I would take a very good educated guess and say there is less than 250 players with the BiS gear and skill to get together to complete the fight.

Seeing as though these are spread throughout various guilds, that is the way it works.

Once 1-5 guilds have got the players required, there simply isnt anyone available left to get a group together to kill it.

Stars' Yogg +0 Strat... AKA - How to do the 'impossible.'

Very interesting read, reading through the strat it's easy to imagine the pressure they were going through in that kill. Lots of respect.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by nobanme
    Because its true.

I would take a very good educated guess and say there is less than 250 players with the BiS gear and skill to get together to complete the fight.

Seeing as though these are spread throughout various guilds, that is the way it works.

Once 1-5 guilds have got the players required, there simply isnt anyone available left to get a group together to kill it.
    There are quite alot of people with hidden potential, so to say, that only needs the motivation to improve and they will. I was one of those before I joined a hardcore topend raiding guild and started to perfect my play with the sole purpose of becoming unreplaceable.

It's to some degree true however and reminds me of the good old 4hm days in Naxxramas, altho there the cockblock was gear more than anything else.

i've seen people i used to raid with go to top10 guilds, who wiped on os3drakes

i've also seen wtfawesome raiders in average top3-on-realm guilds

there are a lot more people capable of doing this than you'd think, the obvious issues are gear and time

Quote Originally Posted by Zandrai
    It's by far the most impressive thing i've ever seen since release of this game. And i would really like to see the faces of the guys at EJ who claimed this to be impossible. Wow.. just wow.

Hat off

Very few people on EJ said it was impossible. It was Ensidia members who did. On EJ, Premonition people have said it is definitely possible for days now.

Gratz stars. Best guild in the world now imo first guild to down the hardest killable boss in wow so far. Sad to see that some people are trying to say they just beat their head against a wall until they got lucky. from what ive seen they did a far better job than any other guild or ej at theorycrafting and stratting this fight might make everyone finally question those ej and top guild numbers and actually think for yourself they believed it was possible and not even that hard for them if they had 10-12 bis locks.

Gogo stars fastest firefighter, algalon kills from when they got content as well as first alone in the darkness.

Please Blizz give these guys a chance in 3.2 and ic and at least patch them the same week you do the us and eu enen if its a day late they just wont get world firsts on the easy bosses but who the fuck cared who got fl and razor first anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    There are quite alot of people with hidden potential, so to say, that only needs the motivation to improve and they will. I was one of those before I joined a hardcore topend raiding guild and started to perfect my play with the sole purpose of becoming unreplaceable.

It's to some degree true however and reminds me of the good old 4hm days in Naxxramas, altho there the cockblock was gear more than anything else.
    100% agree.

But skill isnt the ONLY factor you need.
    The people with hidden potential do not have BiS gear at the current time of speaking, and would take them weeks to get it.

3 factors determine who can kill this boss at the current time of talking.

1) Best Comp
    2) Best Skill
    3) Best Gear

All 3 factors are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk
    Gratz stars. Best guild in the world now imo first guild to down the hardest killable boss in wow so far. Sad to see that some people are trying to say they just beat their head against a wall until they got lucky. from what ive seen they did a far better job than any other guild or ej at theorycrafting and stratting this fight might make everyone finally question those ej and top guild numbers and actually think for yourself they believed it was possible and not even that hard for them if they had 10-12 bis locks.

Gogo stars fastest firefighter, algalon kills from when they got content as well as first alone in the darkness.

Please Blizz give these guys a chance in 3.2 and ic and at least patch them the same week you do the us and eu enen if its a day late they just wont get world firsts on the easy bosses but who the fuck cared who got fl and razor first anyway.

Well, they might be royally screwed 3.2 or have a good shot in 3.2. The reason is this is since blizzard will release one(or so I heard) raid boss a week, kind of like the sunwell. They would be screwed since they would be forced to be a week behind unless blizzard is nice and on the first week the patch is released for them, let them have 2 bosses since EU and US would be on the 2nd boss week.

So, according to the best guilds (Stars not included), this fight was "mathmatically impossible"...

Looks like our Asian friends win at math again. :
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Thanks Digmouse, most useful thread of the month.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen
    So, according to the best guilds (Stars not included), this fight was "mathmatically impossible"...

Looks like our Asian friends win at math again. :
    The maths wasnt wrong Sherlock.
    The fight was impossible for the tactics they were calculating.

Stars found a different way to do it than what everyone thought was the only possible tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by nobanme
    The maths wasnt wrong Sherlock.
    The fight was impossible for the tactics they were calculating.

Stars found a different way to do it than what everyone thought was the only possible tactic.
    So, instead of smashing their heads against the wall with Trigonometry, they simply used Calculus ftw. OMG!
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen
    So, instead of smashing their heads against the wall with Trigonometry, they simply used Calculus ftw. OMG!
    Something like that, but it should tell you something at just how remarkable Stars was for devising this strategy and actually implementing it when nobody else could.

Im pretty sure Blizzard wasnt expecting anyone to complete the fight either.

any1 remember who got cthun FD?