Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Mage got it, why not sPriest?

@Prayerz again

as first you are right, i started with a completely wrong statement...u never told it's completely useless...i had a "reaction" thinking u were like "other" ppl in this forum that keep telling that dispersion is a complete fail and that is completely useless....sorry
    i was talking considering the new nerf...and i see it as a possibility to have less mana issue dunno but on a multidot environment i have few mana issue already ( thinking at yogg saron as the best multidot encounter actualy ingame )...and rly without dispersion i wont think how i could make some dps there ( and even with it i sometime have to channel hoh, or even have to ask to someone to channel it..or even worst ask for an innervate to a feral )...
    so for that, i see this change as pure win ( ofc this in my situation )

As for the talent itself...well....i like the spell ( as i told already ), and rly i think it could not be in other position than a talent ( quite lower in tree, so heaelr can't take it due to pvp )...
    Anyway ye...it seem ridicoulous that we have a pvp defensive talent ( pve wise is equal to evocation that is baseline ) as last talent of our tree...
    but then again, i doubt that sp need ( always talking pve wise ) a new dps ability...imho we are quite nice already...not the best, but nice

Quote Originally Posted by Snopptrollet
    Hi! Did you know that there is a PvE element in WoW too? I KNOW!! Isn't it weird!
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    One Priest race had a spell that has one thing that is similar to the new talent.

It isn't like they are giving back the old Hex of Weakness and giving it to mages as well, they are giving both of us a new effect that just happens to have one thing in common with a spell that was removed ages ago, the healing reduction. Every other part of the effect we are getting is completely different.
    ehm what "Every other part of the effect we are getting is completely different"? We arent getting anything more than the 20% healing debuff on mind blast? The 2.5sec less cd is something we allready had, so I dont exactly see what you mean with "every other part of the effect we are GETTING" , we dont get anything more

Dispersion is a nice 51 point talent imo....As a mage arcanes 51 point talent is close to virtually useless(Arcane Barrage) except for pvp, but no mages pvp as arcane lol(high rated ones atleast). Id much rather have dispersion than Arcane Barrage or Deep Freeze for pve the only good 51 point talent we have for pve is living bomb. Dispersion=36% of ur mana back so say 22k mana raid buffed, thats 7920 mana 2-3 mana pots, an iceblock that allows you to move out of harms way while taking almost no dmg and on a 2 min shorter cd unlike me where in some situations I have to sit there and hope the fire,green cloud, deep freeze go off or out of my way before iceblock cancels b/c i cant move.

Reasons for them lowing mana cost on frost spells? Yes it is the most efficient lowest dmg spell we have(frostbolt) but most skills we use in pvp have stupid mana costs(900 mana spellsteals,800 mana fireblast=1.5k dmg, about 350 mana every time I blink, and frostbolt at ~400 mana)so that just makes those costs seem a lil less when our frost spells will now cost less. If you havent noticed we have terrible mana effiecency in pvp and evocate will only prolong the fight for another min or so considering you dont get hit,interupted,silenced,stunned, or feared during that 8 secs on a 4 min cd. Also note that frost is only the most efficient on General b/c fires regen mechanics dont work and you take frost talents that no PvP build ever takes such as http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=12519.

Quote Originally Posted by shhadow
    ehm what "Every other part of the effect we are getting is completely different"? We arent getting anything more than the 20% healing debuff on mind blast? The 2.5sec less cd is something we allready had, so I dont exactly see what you mean with "every other part of the effect we are GETTING" , we dont get anything more
    I mean that (wait for it) every other part of the effect we are getting is completely different. The only part that they have in common is the healing reduction effect. So they are not "giving mages a priest spell".

The old one was a separate spell, the new one is a talent.
    The old one was a curse, the new one is a magic effect.
    The old one was available to one race, the new one is available to anyone.
    The old one was instant, new one is an effect on a 1.5 second cast spell.
    The old one reduced melee attack power, the new one doesn't.

The ONLY thing they have in common is a 20% healing reduction.

And I would have thought that it was obvious that I was talking about Hex of Weakness, considering I said "Hex of Weakness". And then you quoted it. Honestly, is it that hard to try and actually read?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

They should give dispersion a movementspeed buff so you actually can get away from melees while using it.

Or an AoE snare, like the opposite of Chains of Ice, that increases the slow amount by 10% every second they are close to us while dispersed.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Azden7d7
    If you mana burn the mage, he'll go oom before you do. >.>
    he talking about a shadowpriest vs mage...if you going to burn the mages mana as shadowpriest...then gg you should try that realy to see what happenes to your health bar till you cast 2-3 mana burns...

Quote Originally Posted by Azden7d7
    If you mana burn the mage, he'll go oom before you do. >.>
    lmao. sup, just gonna spam my 2 second mana burn on a mage so he can rape my face while i do no damage.
    and even so, you would still go oom first.