Kitty DPS when you just get 80

Hello people,

I was wondering. I recently got level 80 and on my server people dont really do instances so its almost completely blue from the quest you do on your way to 80. This is my 4th lvl 80 so far..

Now, in a instance i cant manage to get my dps passed 1300 which is really pathetic. I already tried reading guides on how they fight but thats all raid based where you use bleeds. In heroics that is usually pointless because they die 2 fast.

so my question is.. how to dps in a heroic? or a normal instance, I feel ashamed my dps is so low that i dont even dare to go to heroics ???

I know it will go better ones i get gear, but on my server you need to have dps in order to get into a group or you will get booted 8)

Seeing i played druid as an alt and never really focused on it it didnt give me the chance to train skills in instances.

In pve while questing i just have to do mangle 2x rake 1x and ferious bite and they are as good as dead....

So any suggestions on how to dps in a heroic? or what a easier way is to boost my dps?

every help is appreciated ;D

Re: Kitty DPS when you just get 80

keep SR up regardless. swipe trash and do normal rotation on bosses, just mangle / fb shit if its single trash.

doing sigs, pm me! REQUISITE: you need to have contributed to the forums, at least 25 posts that are not trolling or useless ! Dont pm me unless you have helped the community.

Forget about FB...

On trash :
    keep SR
    swipe (or mangle +shred)

On boss :
    keep SR up
    keep mangle debuff up
    keep rake up
    keep rip 5cp up
    and shred.

But 1300 seem very low, do you have an armory link?

15+ Year Old Account

I'd like to add; dont save up 5 CP's for every Savage Roar, 2 or 3 CP's is usually sufficient to keep it active during each pull, this compensates the "locomotive-syndrome"

locomotive syndrome? yeah just made that up, but what it means is; your DPS is low at the start of a fight but increases as the duration of the battle increases (much like how a locomotive takes a long time to gain velocity, but is almost unstoppable once it has reached a high speed ^^)

single trash: mangle, sr, rake, shred, shred, FB/shred

Go to any major city and practice your rotation on one of the dummies. It will help a ton.

15+ Year Old Account

I dislike cat dps in instances for the reasons mentioned above... it's just a pain to dps on trash, when you can't get anything started before the mobs die. As mentioned before, swipe is your friend, as is SR. Try to snag any last CPs on a mob using either FB or SR. At the beginning of every fight, unless you have SR up already, start with mangle->SR -- getting SR up quickly is extremely important, even if you're about to swipe spam. Remember that 1CP SR is exactly the same as 5CP SR, only the duration is different, so use CPs only for the duration that you'll need for the fight.

One thing you might consider is trying to tank the instances until you feel like you're at a more comfortable gear level. The gear that you need is generally similar, and you may have an easier time finding a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Facey
    Hello people,

I was wondering. I recently got level 80 and on my server people dont really do instances so its almost completely blue from the quest you do on your way to 80. This is my 4th lvl 80 so far..

Now, in a instance i cant manage to get my dps passed 1300 which is really pathetic. I already tried reading guides on how they fight but thats all raid based where you use bleeds. In heroics that is usually pointless because they die 2 fast.

so my question is.. how to dps in a heroic? or a normal instance, I feel ashamed my dps is so low that i dont even dare to go to heroics ???

I know it will go better ones i get gear, but on my server you need to have dps in order to get into a group or you will get booted 8)

Seeing i played druid as an alt and never really focused on it it didnt give me the chance to train skills in instances.

In pve while questing i just have to do mangle 2x rake 1x and ferious bite and they are as good as dead....

So any suggestions on how to dps in a heroic? or what a easier way is to boost my dps?

every help is appreciated ;D

do a dps test on a dummy and tell mme what you get

when i hit 80 right away i did 2k dps on a dummy

do it for 3 mins

if you can't improve your dps check the kitty dps thread on these forums under druid class page

it'll tell ya all about rotation and such

Don't be afraid to use CDs on trash. Tiger's Fury is up every 30 seconds so it's awesome for getting in extra swipes. Berserk is also useful, but make sure the tank can hold agro on multiple mobs really well if you use it and swipe spam.

15+ Year Old Account

i love big groups of trash like in OS or NAXX

mangle, beserk, savage raor, and then swipe until there noone of them left (or until u die of argo ^^ (i usaly have to pop barksin))

i can get 10K+ dps on those groups :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

That's why I don't dps in heroics ???. When I tried I started with Mangle and Rake then popped Savage Roar (having savage roar up is key). Then I would Swipe spam and pray for a OoC proc. Hitting Beserk and Tigers Fury of course helps with the down time. If this still doesn't help then I would recommend tanking and pick up cat gear that way.

Another thing worth mentioning is being hit and expertise capped. Being a energy / combo point based dps we are extremely reliant on ALL our special attacks landing

As for being kicked out of party for sucky dps on trash i just laugh :P. The ONLY instances that this would matter is Heroic CoS and maybe the event for heroic HoS (3rd boss).

Thanks for the replies.

I already tried the dummy before i posted here. On the normal lvl 80 dummy i could get a dps up from 2300 using the raid rotation from the topic in the druid section on this site.

for those interested in a armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nemaul&n=Sixes
    I tried buying some gear improvements but they are hard to find and without a guild it gets even harder.

Seeming you all come down to the same strategy ill give it a try.

Do some dailies for rep/gold. There's a nice chest from Ebonblade, bracers from wyrmcrest and boots from argent crusade. You can also do some BGs for the hateful/deadly pieces. The main pvp set pieces with agility work well for cat & bear (not optimal, but not bad either).

Quote Originally Posted by Igotrabies
    Another thing worth mentioning is being hit and expertise capped. Being a energy / combo point based dps we are extremely reliant on ALL our special attacks landing
    I hope you are kidding!

Sure, pickup hit on gear where you can, but hit rating is the LAST thing a kitty should be looking for.

Hit rating is important for kitty dps, misses in shred/mangle/rake/rip could mess up ur bleeds/SR times badly

but ofc you shouldnt gem +hit rating, try getting hit from gear

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ironprot
    Hit rating is important for kitty dps,
    no

misses in shred/mangle/rake/rip could mess up ur bleeds/SR times
    yes

badly
    no

but ofc you shouldnt gem +hit rating
    yes

try getting hit from gear
    no. just take what you get, but don't priorize items with hit over items without, if those without are better.

For me personally, I improved massively once i got a good set of timers so that I could see all of my various buffs and debuffs.

At the moment I use badkitty, it tracks all of "my own" bleeds <---- important note this as tracking other cat bleeds can really mess you up. And it tracks the mangle debuff, savage roar, Faery Fire, and also cooldowns for SR and Bezerk.

From there, as already stated its a priority system. I have listed it as per my prefered playstyle.

This is all my personal opinion. I'd like to think I'm a good feral and it's very rare i dont feature in the top 5 in our 25 man Ulduar runs. Dont take other peoples advise as solid, try it out, make your own mind up and go with what you feel is best for your playstyle.

Cast FFF as you are on your way to the Boss - dont forget to reapply it after 5 mins if you are unlucky enough to still be fighting.

Savage Roar must be up at all times. This is always my top proprity. 3-5 combo points will work well until you get into better gear.
    Mangle Debuff - Again, up at all times - only use it to refresh the debuff, unless you have another cat thats mangle happy, a bear or a trauma warrior. Then you have a chance of not using it at all if you are lucky.
    Rip - Only cast when you have 5 combo points, and do your best to keep it up as much as you possibly can the better you get at keeping rip, mangle, SR and Shred up at the same time for as much of the fight as posible the more you will see your Damage increase.
    Rake - this is easy to keep up, just make sure you do, i see a lot of cats losing dps through slacking on rake, refresh as soon as it drops off.
    Shred for combo points - dont mangle unless you really really have to ( cant get behind the boss)

use Tigers fury whenever its available if you are below 30ish energy

Ferocious bite if the top 5 things are ticking nicely and you find yourself with 5 combo points and nothing to spend them on for 6 or more seconds.

I usually open, Rake, mangle SR - build to 5 CP with shred, Rip. then fall into the priority system above.

Trash - rake (2pc T8) or mangle then SR then swipe to victory. this does depend on your tank of course, as swipe can and often will crit for biiiiig red kitty killing numbers

Try to learn when to Bezerk on most bosses, this is often your biggest DPS increase. make sure you have full energy before you use it. You'll often find yourself using Tigers Fury just before you berzerk, just to top up your energy. Some fights allow for 2 berserks, but most allow for one well timed one.

Look for agility in your early days - some stick with it all the way through, some move to Armor Pen. By the time you have to make that choice, you'll be a better cat anyway.

Hit rating is NOT our most important stat. Its a nice stat to have and more important as you push to harder fights, but we dont need to be capped immediately. If we miss we get most of our energy back, so we lose 1 Global cooldown. its nothing major in early raids - unlike rogues whose damage comes from their crazy fast white hits. Dont ignore it, just dont go crazy over it.

Expertise is a waste of time for us. we are behind the boss - its a small help. if any. I only have the expertise that comes on my gear.

I want to thank you all for the advice... with the swipte tactic for trash i can now easily dps over 2k with my current gear depending how much trash there is and on bossfights get an average dps of over 3.5k