Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Power Auras + Sacred Shield

Hi, i´m having Problems with the Addon Power Auras and Sacred Shield.
    I want an icon to show up everytime the Sacred Shield PROC is active. Not the 1min buff sacred shield, i need the 6s proc that gives you a 50% critchance for flash of light.

The problem is that both of them are called "Sacred Shield" and i always get the buff to show up.
    I guess it supposed to work with some kind of "Spell ID" but i don´t really know how that works.

I hope somebody can help me.

Re: Power Auras + Sacred Shield

The Spell ID of the Sacred Shield Proc is 58597.

yeah but where do i have to enter the spell id?

Why are you trying to get it to identify just the proc? I use it to keep track of the buff just to make sure I keep it up on myself. If I was holy I'd use it to make sure I keep it up on my target. I can't think of a reason to care about tracking that proc. There's no action that you need to take specifically when the bubble is up on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sartecho
    Why are you trying to get it to identify just the proc? I use it to keep track of the buff just to make sure I keep it up on myself. If I was holy I'd use it to make sure I keep it up on my target. I can't think of a reason to care about tracking that proc. There's no action that you need to take specifically when the bubble is up on you.
    so he knows when he has the +50% crit FoL buff.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

right, don´t bother tracking whenever flash of light gets a 50% increased chance to crit? i guess you missed that part.

EventAlert works fine for keeping track of when the buff is up:
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ent-alert.aspx

When you need a heal, you need a heal. In my experience, you can't wait around for the +crit to flash. It's a nice bonus, but not something you wait around for.

When you need a heal, you need a heal. In my experience, you can't wait around for the +crit to flash. It's a nice bonus, but not something you wait around for.
    In pvp you might not have the luxury to wait for sacred the shield procc, since it most
    likely wears off in the next hit you take, but doing it in pve (talking as a ret), waiting
    for the procc to be up before using the instant flash of light will be pretty helpful in saving
    mana if you need to heal yoursel, or if you´re just keeping the shield up on someone
    else and healing them when the both sacred shield and art of war is up.

It helps on General Vezax since ret gets free mana without punishment of standing in the
    puddles, keep sacred shield on the tank and spam FoL whenever you see sacred shield
    procced, and Art of War is up most of the time.
    I´m sure there is more places where it helps out the same way, but that fight comes to mind
    somehow.

hardmode vezax any1?
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

anyone know how to make it tell you if you cast it on someone else and it wears off?

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Evilution
    It helps on General Vezax since ret gets free mana without punishment of standing in the
    puddles, keep sacred shield on the tank and spam FoL whenever you see sacred shield
    procced, and Art of War is up most of the time.
    I´m sure there is more places where it helps out the same way, but that fight comes to mind
    somehow.
    Your taking into account the fact that on General Vezax, paladins specced into Judgement of the Wise
    cannot heal enough to be of any significance right? Keeping the sacred shield up is definitely smart, but
    Ret paladins trying to heal on Vezax(other than a clutch LoH) is just a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by kumahoshi
    Your taking into account the fact that on General Vezax, paladins specced into Judgement of the Wise
    cannot heal enough to be of any significance right? Keeping the sacred shield up is definitely smart, but
    Ret paladins trying to heal on Vezax(other than a clutch LoH) is just a waste of time.
    Now there's someone who has done the fight.

When I do Vezax hard, I change my Sacred Shield macro to throw it on our tank instead of on myself. Certainly a holy paladin could keep it up, but I don't want them to spend any more mana than they have to. And yeah, you only have to throw one or two flash heals during that fight as ret before you realize it's 110% worthless.

vezax hardmode, paladins specc prot
    -improved sacred shield
    -spiritual attunement
    -critheals healing biggers

result is that paladin heals only when the sacred shield procs giving a near to 100% crit FoL thats really really high
    and pushing the hps up to max with the same mana
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    vezax hardmode, paladins specc prot
    -improved sacred shield
    -spiritual attunement
    -critheals healing biggers

result is that paladin heals only when the sacred shield procs giving a near to 100% crit FoL thats really really high
    and pushing the hps up to max with the same mana
    Spiritual Attunement makes you heal for 75% less, doesn't it?

I used to heal Vezax with prot-arena spec + critical gear. It didn't work quite right, maybe because the spec wastes several important holy talents for prot pvp ones. I found out that using full int gear (35k mana) + t8 bonus (sacred shield) + 20 prot talents worked alot better.

Yes speccing in to Spiritual Attunement makes you heal for 75% less which is why almost all of these ideas wont work at all.

You either go 51 Holy / 20 Ret, or 51 Holy / 20 Prot. You have no other options, unless you want to suck major doo-doo.

I usually go 51 Holy / 20 Prot (link to spec) for the extra Sacred Shield absorption, Aura Mastery, the boost to Hand of Sacrifice, Imp Devotion and Imp Lay on Hands.

Deleted

A ret paladin cannot heal on Vezax, period.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLiaison
    Yes speccing in to Spiritual Attunement makes you heal for 75% less which is why almost all of these ideas wont work at all.

You either go 51 Holy / 20 Ret, or 51 Holy / 20 Prot. You have no other options, unless you want to suck major doo-doo.

I usually go 51 Holy / 20 Prot (link to spec) for the extra Sacred Shield absorption, Aura Mastery, the boost to Hand of Sacrifice, Imp Devotion and Imp Lay on Hands.
    when the add comes the whole raid takes alot of dmg, every1 heals every1body and paladin gets mana

Mana that will do you no good. The fight is designed so that ret and prot can't heal. Have you tried what you're proposing?

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64646

That's the debuff that ret gets. There's a similar version for prot.

"Corrupted Wisdom
    Unlimited range
    Instant
    Corrupts enemies' insight into the holy arts to stifle their healing ability."

"Corrupted Wisdom
    Your insight into Judgements of the Wise is intensified but corrupted by General Vezax's Aura of Despair, hindering your ability to heal."

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    when the add comes the whole raid takes alot of dmg, every1 heals every1body and paladin gets mana
    3.0 is dead, there is no more infinite mana sapphiron, lol. Before saying that hard core players use something for hard modes, at least try to search if you are right

@threat

Tried yesterday to use the ID on power auras and it bugged so hard that I had to delete it and download again.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    Hi, i´m having Problems with the Addon Power Auras and Sacred Shield.
    I want an icon to show up everytime the Sacred Shield PROC is active. Not the 1min buff sacred shield, i need the 6s proc that gives you a 50% critchance for flash of light.

The problem is that both of them are called "Sacred Shield" and i always get the buff to show up.
    I guess it supposed to work with some kind of "Spell ID" but i don´t really know how that works.

I hope somebody can help me.
    idk if this is still of any help to you but...

After encountering the same problem, I had to look around and finally figured it out. You simply put [58597] (58597 being the absorb affect Spell ID provided earlier), brackets too, in the spell name area. The Aura ID is for checking other power auras.