Healers and Rated BGs

I know that Blizz has been talking about rated BGs for a while now and that there is tons of speculation about, but does anyone have any thoughts as to how healers would fare in BG ratings?

Perhaps I'm just a scrub, but when I BG, I don't rack up the KBs or the caps or whatever it is that needs to be done in order to win. I stand back and heal and keep everyone else alive so they can do that stuff. I worry that Blizz would put the most priority on kbs and hks, and if that were the case, healers would be kinda screwed. I also worry that there would be no points for healing done because then there would have to be points for damage done. Additionally, if there were points for healing done, someone could sit back and heal themselves all the time just to get lots of it (not sure if the scoreboards count overhealing or not), so blizz would not award points for that either.

I don't feel that the rating would be based on w-l. As many people have felt necessary to point out in the past, any scrub can go into a bg and get honor and win. Just puttin this out there to see what others think.

Re: Healers and Rated BGs

They'd use the same system they use now for bonus honor.
    /thread

Re: Healers and Rated BGs

Quote Originally Posted by HotSorceress
    I also worry that there would be no points for healing done because then there would have to be points for damage done. Additionally, if there were points for healing done, someone could sit back and heal themselves all the time just to get lots of it (not sure if the scoreboards count overhealing or not), so blizz would not award points for that either.
    They could just not include overhealing on the rating awarded. I imagine the system would measure a few things:

-Damage/Healing you have done (maybe only while around an objetive - by that I mean 100 yeards - like a flag on AB or WSG, or even a flag carrier);
    -Participation on objetives (assaulted/defended a flag)
    -End result (won/lost, but as a lesser factor since it's not really under your control)
    -Time you spent on a bg (which would determine your efficiency).