Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Do you think PVEing as Mage is boring?

I am not bored with PvP, i am bored with pve ... In PvP, Mages are the most fun class i've ever played 8)

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    if you got this far and think playing mage is about 3 or less buttons, then you can't possibly know how to play a mage, simple.

it is a taste issue though, as you have seen, many of us love being the nukes, and thats one of the reasons why we love mages.

How many buttons do you use as a fire mage in your "rotation" ?

Fireball, LB, Pyroblast and? Scorch could fit in, but it's 1 cast every 30 sec after the initial buildup.

Quote Originally Posted by Teranor
    I dont find Arcane boring; you have to time your gems, evocation and must be paying attention to your arcane Blast debuffs (or you will oom real quick) and be ready to push arcane missiles when Missile barrage procs. To me its about timing and watching the huge numbers proc.

I pvp with Frost and find it interesting as well.

If you are bored perhaps you should try another class.
    Yeah, I had a prot warrior friend of mine watching me DPS as arcane, and was shocked when he saw 5 of my arcane missiles crit. He just saw so many big numbers, it was astounding to him. But yeah, arcane, you have to be very careful. You can have moments where you fire 2 arcane blasts at 3 stacks. That's a huge amount of mana burned.