Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WOTLK raid content

I've been wondering recently why we only have one raid for 1 tier of gear now, i know blizz are trying to get more content out faster but the quicker you bring smaller content out the quicker it gets cleared.
    Back in BC (oh the nostalgia :P ) we used to be treated to 2 raids for 1 tier of content, why isnt it like that anymore?
    Now if we finish ulduar for the week we sit around and twiddle our thumbs (or worse go outside o.O )because naxx has been a grind after the first month.
    I for one cant see a down side to this because yes, it may take longer for blizz to bring out each content patch but it will also take the player base longer to do the content and give us more to do whilst we wait for our next tier of raids.
    Just found this on the wow eu forums, why do blizz only release the 1 raid per patch now?

Re: WOTLK raid content

noticed ulduar was huge? you get roughly the same number of bosses overall.

and progressing thru SSC / MH was a pain at the time where we were halfway in each. Had to alternate both one week to the next, then focusing, then alternating...

When we raided BT, it was actually a relief.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Cause that raid has 9 hardmodes.

T5: SSC+TK=9 boses
    T6: MH+BT=14 bosses

T8: Ulduar=13 bosses + hard modes & meta achievement + optional hard mode boss

I dont think it looks bad compared to TBC.

Ulduar is huge and i do really enjoy it, its just are hard modes really that much of an excuse to avoid making a whole new raid?

I got tired of Ulduar the 2nd week it came out. my guild went 13/14 the first week and after that its the same thing over and over and the "hardmodes" all took less then 1 week to do (minus alone). at least with SSC,TK, BT, and SW you had a change of scenery and a reason to go back and do lesser tier instances (like gruul for the DST). 1 full month of 5 day a week 5 hour raids to kill pre nerf muru anyone? (haha ok kidding i dont want that much of learning/execution/rng curve)

and in 3.2 we can do the same instance, what like 6 times a week?(10 and 25man easy, normal, and hardmodes ><) all of which are in the same room with no trash....sounds fun....for one clear.

Edit: i should add that nerfing the hardmodes that were actually hard before the mid to low hardmore raiders even got to it was totally lame.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxOO9
    Ulduar is huge and i do really enjoy it, its just are hard modes really that much of an excuse to avoid making a whole new raid?
    What they are trying to say is that Ulduar is the size of two TBC raids (boss count wise).

(And Proxy5, care to link your armory?)

Wow has changed , A LOT , it's not oriented to the same goal. And even though many people whine about it , blizzard try to offer us changes to please us and them. We are some test experiment but at least it's not risky and enjoyable.
    Why Not ^^

Quote Originally Posted by AK_47
    Wow has changed , A LOT , it's not oriented to the same goal. And even though many people whine about it , blizzard try to offer us changes to please us and them. We are some test experiment but at least it's not risky and enjoyable.
    We all know wow's changing (i hope :P ) but i would just like the idea of 2 new raids instead of 1 huge 1, any art style no matter how good can get very boring when you stare at it for hours every week which is where BC was so good, get bored of one raid go and get bored in another

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    What they are trying to say is that Ulduar is the size of two TBC raids (boss count wise).

(And Proxy5, care to link your armory?)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&n=Dod%C3%ABs

I'm all about blizzard changing things up and seeing what works and what doesn't, i just haven't really enjoyed Wrath endgame content compared to old world and TBC.

We all know wow's changing (i hope :P ) but i would just like the idea of 2 new raids instead of 1 huge 1, any art style no matter how good can get very boring when you stare at it for hours every week which is where BC was so good, get bored of one raid go and get bored in another
    In vanilla majority of players said the winged design of scarlet monastery was the best. So in TBC we ended up with every damn dungeon being a winged design, and didn't get a long epic dungeon like BRD. As a result every dungeon felt pretty much the same and people got bored. Variety is good, so why not have some raid tiers that are split across two instances and some which are a single huge instance?

Back in BC (oh the nostalgia :P ) we used to be treated to 2 raids for 1 tier of content, why isnt it like that anymore?

Just found this on the wow eu forums
    Whoever wrote this on the EU Forums is a retard then.

SSC 6 bosses + TK 4 bosses + MH 5 bosses = 15 bosses.
    Ulduar = 14 Bosses.

....Enough said?

Now if we finish ulduar for the week we sit around and twiddle our thumbs (or worse go outside o.O )because naxx has been a grind after the first month.
    ...What?

Yeah, so clearing 13 bosses in normal-casual-doable mode means clearing the content? Algalon is part of the content, and as soon as you don't complete the 4 HM needed for him, and kill him, you're NOT done.

Naxx was a huge failure - mostly due to the achievements not being polished, so all the content was too easy.

BC had raid content - a lot more - lets not compare, oki?

Karazhan = Naxxramas
    Gruul (2 bossess) = EOE + Sarth
    Magtheridon = ???
    Zul Aman (6 bosses) = ???
    The Eye + SSC = Ulduar
    Mount Hijal = Argent Colisseum
    Black Temple = Icecrown Citadel (3.3)
    Sunwell Plateau (6 bossess) = ???

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy5
    I got tired of Ulduar the 2nd week it came out. my guild went 13/14 the first week and after that its the same thing over and over and the "hardmodes" all took less then 1 week to do (minus alone). at least with SSC,TK, BT, and SW you had a change of scenery and a reason to go back and do lesser tier instances (like gruul for the DST). 1 full month of 5 day a week 5 hour raids to kill pre nerf muru anyone? (haha ok kidding i dont want that much of learning/execution/rng curve)

and in 3.2 we can do the same instance, what like 6 times a week?(10 and 25man easy, normal, and hardmodes ><) all of which are in the same room with no trash....sounds fun....for one clear.

Edit: i should add that nerfing the hardmodes that were actually hard before the mid to low hardmore raiders even got to it was totally lame.
    You know what is funny. Your armory seems to contradict a lot of what you said here (in the form of timeline exaggerations), please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not saying you are bad or such (obviously that isn't the case). I'm saying don't belittle the content with exaggerations.

As for all the comparison's, we still don't know what patch 3.3 will contain completely. I'm hoping for 1-2 champer of aspects raids along with Icecrown

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    noticed ulduar was huge? you get roughly the same number of bosses overall.

and progressing thru SSC / MH was a pain at the time where we were halfway in each. Had to alternate both one week to the next, then focusing, then alternating...

When we raided BT, it was actually a relief.
    Kara, Gruul, Mag, SSC and TK were available on release in BC and represented a huge amount of content to work through.

The raid WotLK raid content on release was a JOKE and breezed through in the space of a couple of months, with players left with nothing to do except some stupid achievement until Uld came out a good 6 months later.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Quote Originally Posted by Gron
    Naxx was a huge failure - mostly due to the achievements not being polished, so all the content was too easy.

BC had raid content - a lot more - lets not compare, oki?

Karazhan = Naxxramas
    Gruul (2 bossess) = EOE + Sarth
    Magtheridon = ???
    Zul Aman (6 bosses) = ???
    The Eye + SSC = Ulduar
    Mount Hijal = Argent Colisseum
    Black Temple = Icecrown Citadel (3.3)
    Sunwell Plateau (6 bossess) = ???
    Except Naxxramas is a recycled instance from the days of pre-BC, however few players may have experienced it aside, whereas all of the other ones that you named were designed entirely for that particular expansion etc..

Quote Originally Posted by det
    And yet it was acknowledged that Gruul/Mag was just too hard as an entry raid and the bad spacing out of content made guilds fall apart and lose members when the big black hole hit...and that was: almost a year of BT without a new Instance. Good guilds were bleeding from their eyes, killing Illidan week after week - and when SWP hit, many ppl had left due to boredom.

In that way, feeding us the raids in bits works better in LK.
    Kara, Gruul and Mag were overtuned when BC went live, then fixed after a couple of months.

In WotLK, all we got as a rehashed raid and 3 single-boss raids to keep us occupied for six months, until Uld came out. This wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for the raid content being so ridiculously easy that everything (except Maly and 2+ Drakes) was being facerolled by random PUGs in Janurary...
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Kara, Gruul and Mag were overtuned when BC went live, then fixed after a couple of months.
    Naxxramas was undertuned when WOTLK went live, wasn't fixed, and ppl waited 5 months for meaningful content. Sounds much much worse imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    Whoever wrote this on the EU Forums is a retard then.

SSC 6 bosses + TK 4 bosses + MH 5 bosses = 15 bosses.
    Ulduar = 14 Bosses.

Hmm?

MH is still t6, not t5.

(I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say)