Poll: From Enchanting/Mining to Herbalism/Alchemy?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

From Enchanting/Mining to Herbalism/Alchemy? Need help *Poll*

From Enchanting/Mining to Herbalism/Alchemy?
    As the title say.
    I capped my mining around december and enchanting is still 385(don't see the point on leveling it, costs a lot of gold etc >_<).

I curently am making 0 gold from proffesions so...Is this the right choice for me? Is alchemy what I want?

What I want is : Farm each day for 2-3 hours something, anything, use it with a proffesion and make money.
    So is this the right choice for me?

Don't know if its neccesary, here's my armory link - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...sher&n=Dubroya

Re: From Enchanting/Mining to Herbalism/Alchemy? Need help *Poll*

Only reason why you are not making money is because you don't want to.. Not because of the professions.. I make money off of enchanting/mining just fine..

Can you please explain me how then?

Well no money from mining...All gems are selling for 5 gold and they are practicly gave away -.-"

Quote Originally Posted by Dubroya
    Well no money from mining...All gems are selling for 5 gold and they are practicly gave away -.-"
    i make couple hundreds every day from that combo... and it's from enchanting alone
    mining i use to lvl engi on my main and JC on my 2nd alt
    enchanting is nice for selling scrolls on ah, just make couple of +50sp on weap and they go like hot buns, if you sell all mining mats you can make a lot more

Deleted

Dude, gems are selling for five gold on your server?
    I'd be lucky if I got 50 silver for an un-cut superior quality gem. Economy is so snafu that I actually make more money if I refine and vendor my Saronite than try and sell it privately/auction it.

You should be making pots of cash if you put in minimal effort.

Those two Combos are GREAT money maker , you just don't realise it.
    Why Not ^^

Take all the eternal shadows/earths you get,
    have your jc friend make you a ton of those rings.
    have d/e the rings.
    Use the dust to sell, or to level your enchanting.

and the rings turn out a good number of dust each or a greater essence, which is 25g a pop on my server. Don't waste enchants by enchanting gear, put all that crap on scrolls and sell the scrolls.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

No money from mining... whatever profession you'll take you won't make money with it if you can't do it with mining.

Farm titanium/saronite/cobalt (cobalt atm on RunetotemEU is at least at the same price as saronite, sometimes even 5g/stack higher) and sell stacks of ore. Damn easy.

Regarding enchanting, get it at 400 to take ring enchants for yourself, then check AH and see which scrolls sell better, i've found mongoose is quite good to start with, and you can get it in a crappy pug at karazhan (drops from older instances are ridiculosly high now, it's been patched to drop more enchants). It's orange at least up to 380 so it should help leveling up.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Fly around Sholazar Basin, and you can gather 100 saronite in under an hour. Right along the south mountain line is the spot to look for. Go around the perimeter a few times, and see how much you can gather. I guarantee you, that you will make more money gathering this than you will with Herbs. I went from Herb/Alch to Mining/JC and it only took me a week to get both to 400. Go back and farm old world mats as well, that stuff sells for more than saronite and cobalt on my server.

If you cant make money with Mining/Ench, you aren't going to make money with any other profession. Hell, if you have an alt, level tailoring on it and send all the stuff to your enchanter. I just power leveled tailoring and enchanting to 410 and 350 last night with only spending ~600g.

If you are lookin for an easy way to make money, go buy gold. Otherwise, work at your professions, and they will work for you.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

You dont make money in mining by having the ore prospected,

you sell the ore,

esp titanium ore selling for an ungodly amount a stack.

If you wanna make money gather as much titanium ore, and sell it a week or two before the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    You dont make money in mining by having the ore prospected,

you sell the ore,

esp titanium ore selling for an ungodly amount a stack.

If you wanna make money gather as much titanium ore, and sell it a week or two before the patch.
    If you are strictly looking for ways to make gold, then you are already there (any JC could blow up your ore if that is what you want, but you can't get someone to farm it for you for free). If you are interested in making your character the best he can be then drop mining for JC after farming the mats (go to wow-professions.com for mats list for Power leveling JC)......since they made it where you can not drink mana potions every 2 minutes, alch has become less of a moneymaker imo