Prot/holy paladins VS resto druids

Disclaimer: The OP is aware that -everything- is situational. This thread is for entertainment purposes only. Please dont flame for "zomg X always does Y!". If you experience an erection lasting more than 4 hours due to this thread, it's because I'm a sexy, sexy beast.

Ok, I've been hearing lots about prot spec'd paladins in holy gear being 'overpowered'. Playing dual spec'd holy and prot/holy, this seems overstated.

The facts:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Ring&n=Accuser <--- my character in her humble honor-bought pvp gear

26k health, 2200sp, 760 resil

fastest heal is 1.4s FoL, holy light is almost too slow to use for pvp without a guaranteed interrupt

Avenger shield and stun on 20s CD provides a little offensive kick

Vulnerable to: meni interrupts, and (curse of tongues / mind numbing poison) + MS = definitely dead paladin

Roughly compared to a resto druid:

less health, but constantly rolling HoTs... less vulnerable to interrupts, significantly more mobile, better able to LoS due to instant-casts, and able to CC a target with cyclone (while still rolling hots) while their partner goes for a kill

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe it's just my personal experience, but it seems -much- easier to lock down and kill a prot spec'd healer than to kill a resto druid, assuming you have a class with an interrupt to use. Anyone else seen this to be the case?
    Dear Blizzard,
    Please nerf paper, scissors are ok.
    Sincerely,
    rock

Re: Prot/holy paladins VS resto druids

the reason why everyone is qqing about prot pallys healing in pvp is the thought of a tank spec healing just as well or even better than a holy pally. also killing a tank is different than killing a healer and killing a tank that heals is different than both. personally i love it and hope blizzard thinks its a creative use of game mechanics.

but yea resto druids have always been pretty sweet. in fact druids of any type are pretty cool. people are just use to keeping them snared long enough to kill them through their hots so if they cant kill them in a bit of time they will just keep wailing on them till inervate is blown and they go oom the second time.
    nerfs tickle at best
    people who reroll or quit due to nerfs are sissys

Re: Prot/holy paladins VS resto druids

You should probably feel that it's better when you gear up a bit. The biggest part of protholy is that you can keep divine plea up at most times and it doesnt rly hurt your healing when your FoL's crit 5k through MS effects. And the fact that you are one of those classes that can rly hurt a restodruid, paired with a DK or a warrior you have a chance to kill a unprepaired restodruid every 30s, or even outlast him with divine plea. If the druid isn't prehotted and has his trinket on CD you should be able to chain HoJ/Avenger shield/fear or strangulate to kill him.
    The hard part is if the opponents are switching targets between you and your partner while rolling cyclones and interrupting your heals with bash/pounce/maim/cyclone/druidpartnersinterrupts. If you can open up with some serious pressure and hold it you should kill the druid like the 3rd time you have avenger shield off CD.

But a protholy paladin really shines when he's got like 4x T8 and rest high end PVP gear, so if you can get your hands on some of those, do it and things will likely change alot. The hardest part as protholy paladin imo is to know when to use your HoJ and avenger shield defensive and when to use them offensive.