Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: where is JC compensation for the nerf?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/15/1734...ng-change.html is the blue post stating jewelcrafters would get dragon's eyes so they can resocket their gear. With the date of the post being back in May and now this is July, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided not to go forward with the dragon eye refund. They have not compensated any other profession for nerfs (engineering has really been hit hard because of arena) so I don't see the dragon eye refund happening. Although with the flask change in alchemy and everyone getting mixtures to double their flasks, it could happen. It just may only occur when the patch hits live. I wouldn't hold your breath, though.

Meta needs 1b 1y 1r

3 Reds in red sockets on my gear = possible socket bonuses
    Slap in 1 nightmare tear for +10 all stats

boom, meta solved.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin
    They aren't free you have to take the time to do the quests. Time = money. Even if I did go the "free" route, it'd take 9 days to re-gem my gear. Also, I'll need to buy blue gems to meet my meta requirements.
    shouldn't have been greedy and selling your your Dragon's eyes on the AH.

I have 32 tokens right now.

I already have 3 cut to replace the ones I'll have to move around.

Not like I won't be getting any new gear anyway LOL WELFARE EPIX!
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Winterhoof
    shouldn't have been greedy and selling your your Dragon's eyes on the AH.

I have 32 tokens right now.
    Actually, I used them to buy every pattern available, then I stopped doing the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    When have engineers had to change around their enchants because of nerfs?

You're right......

Engineers have never had to change enchants because of nerfs *cough cough Nitro Boots, Flexweave Underlay, Hyperspeed Accelerators etc*

Most engineers have had to change their gear instead.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    Yes, it is. However it still isn't fair that they would nerf it and make us spend hundreds of gold regemming. Nerfing it to fairness? That's fine. Making us PAY for that nerf? Not cool.
    Im a JC myself but i dont expect to be compensated anything if i have to regem.

Back in TBC when they completely changed the stat weights of enhancement shamens to scale with agility instead of strength, none of them got any compensation what so ever, so why should we?

I'm a blacksmith and I have 4 sets of gear I often use.
    That means I have 8 more gems epic gems to replace than you... Where's my compensation?

Hell do like i do.. 16 agi in every slow and 1 of those blue tears 6 to all stats. Covers every color and hits the req for the meta

In the end you miss out on some set bonus woopdeedoo watch out for your 8 ap >.>

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin
    Actually, I used them to buy every pattern available, then I stopped doing the quest.
    stupid little cow....

Easy to level jc. Hardest part = 250-300. It costs like 1k. Total 0-450 jc was 2200 gold to raise for me. The money I made from it? 59000. Nerf or whatever it is a raiding profession for every pro player.Enchanting-Jc-Blacksmith. Choose 2 out of 3 and enjoy best performance in raids.
    To be a king, first one should be a man!

suwâyyah Eu Darksorrow

Due to being able to ignore requirements by just gemming any stat you wanted, is what made it op compared to other crafting professions, while the gem stats being buffed is to balance it. Get over it, grow up and wait and see if there is some compensation, and only if they promise one which they do not meet will you have a right to complain. I for one will be more than glad to put in some thought when I eventually level my jc, now you have to do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

you do not need a compensation for your profession being brought to the same level as other professions.

It's still very good, regardless of the ''nerf''.

that change the buffing of the gems are two different matters. Not being prismatic will be compensated by giving a certain amount of JC tokens to replace the gems if u need. Buffing the stats on the gems is to compensate epic gems entering the game. They both should happen in 3.2 but for different reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Nizjub
    that change the buffing of the gems are two different matters. Not being prismatic will be compensated by giving a certain amount of JC tokens to replace the gems if u need. Buffing the stats on the gems is to compensate epic gems entering the game. They both should happen in 3.2 but for different reasons
    This is exactly it.

Anyone crying about losing the prismatic quality of the dragon's eyes doesn't understand balance. When almost everyone in the damn game is JC, something is wrong.

The perk is supposed to be better gems, not better gems + automatic socket bonuses with no penalty.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Right now, you can only have 3 of any Dragons Eye in your gear. I understand why the limitation, but right now, they are prismatic.

IMO, the change should be the stat buff, and the ability to socket up to 5 or 6 gems. This would make up for the gems losing their prismatic attribute. And also, as stated by blizzard, the gem stat increase was to balance the gems with the other professions, main prof. being engineering, not really buffing them.

Increase the ammount of gems you can have on your gear from 3 to 5 or 6, and I would be a happy JCer, regardless of whether they give us JC tokens to replace the ones we have to replace with prismatic attribute being removed from them.
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

On the PTR there has been no compensation in the form of Dalaran jeweler tokens. Honestly, JC has lost a lot of it's appeal. If the other tradeskills weren't so worthless after 80, it would be almost worth dropping JC at this point.

The problem, at least for DK is the itemization in our armor. Too many blue sockets, and really Blizzard, unless we're tanking, we really don't need that much stamina. I have on my gear exactly 1 red socket. Thanks a lot.

I don't even see it as a nurf tbh.

You'll still get your socket bonuses as before - the Dragon's Eyes now will just take on the colour of the socket - just not be all colours at once like a prismatic is.

You'll still get socket bonuses exactly like before - it just won't be quite so easy to satisy meta gem requirements - but with how many gem slots there are in gear these days I don't see that as a problem....

Quote Originally Posted by pomterri
    Easy to level jc. Hardest part = 250-300. It costs like 1k. Total 0-450 jc was 2200 gold to raise for me. The money I made from it? 59000. Nerf or whatever it is a raiding profession for every pro player.Enchanting-Jc-Blacksmith. Choose 2 out of 3 and enjoy best performance in raids.
    *cough* more like Alchemy and JC, period.
    Enchanting...70 more AP....woopdee doo, you save so much money on flasks and get 50 more AP from them, and guess what, they're increasing it in 3.2. and Blacksmithing just sucks, in BC, yes, because of weapons, they were badass, but now. no. just no. even inscription is better, if you put 2 +20 str in both extra sockets, thats still only 40 AP, maybe 50ish with talents, Incscription = 114 extra ap and 15 crit to shoulders, and if your LW 114 more AP to bracers, oh, also, I have a ret pally in my guild, fucking incredible damage, Mining/herbalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Granpa
    The problem, at least for DK is the itemization in our armor. Too many blue sockets, and really Blizzard, unless we're tanking, we really don't need that much stamina. I have on my gear exactly 1 red socket. Thanks a lot.
    The gear is like this for 2 reasons:

1, because not everyone is a JC (and in 3.2) you will need 2 blues for your dps meta, and the blue sockets can let you feel better about putting in the str/stam gems.

2, because we're still in mid tier here. Tier 5 was exactly the same way with socket colors. It's not going to be exactly 2 blue sockets and the rest red. It would make the upgrades less interesting

As far as JC in general goes, they buffed the gems to still be better than the new epics. We don't need compensation for removing the prismatic, because it was OVERPOWERED. Everyone who took JC/Blacksmith knew it would be nerfed eventually. If you didn't, you're lying to yourself.