Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: where is JC compensation for the nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar
    oh, also, I have a ret pally in my guild, fucking incredible damage, Mining/herbalism
    That's because he is a Ret Paladin.

*cough* more like Alchemy and JC, period.
    Enchanting...70 more AP....woopdee doo, you save so much money on flasks and get 50 more AP from them, and guess what, they're increasing it in 3.2. and Blacksmithing just sucks, in BC, yes, because of weapons, they were badass, but now. no. just no. even inscription is better, if you put 2 +20 str in both extra sockets, thats still only 40 AP, maybe 50ish with talents, Incscription = 114 extra ap and 15 crit to shoulders, and if your LW 114 more AP to bracers, oh, also, I have a ret pally in my guild, fucking incredible damage, Mining/herbalism
    please tell me who tought you math

40 str does not equal 40 ap, thats 80
    inscription would br 64 more ap then sons of hodir exalted, and LW is guess what, 64 more ap than the best enchant

main difference making blacksmithing better would be strength stacking with kings.

Enchanting...70 more AP....woopdee doo, you save so much money on flasks and get 50 more AP from them, and guess what, they're increasing it in 3.2. and Blacksmithing just sucks, in BC, yes, because of weapons, they were badass, but now. no. just no. even inscription is better, if you put 2 +20 str in both extra sockets, thats still only 40 AP, maybe 50ish with talents, Incscription = 114 extra ap and 15 crit to shoulders, and if your LW 114 more AP to bracers, oh, also, I have a ret pally in my guild, fucking incredible damage, Mining/herbalism
    Do you even know how the bonuses work?

Right now its:

BS=2 extra slots that can be itemized with blue gems=32 itemization (16 strx2=32 itemization points)
    JC=3 slots that can be itemized with 11 itemization more than blue gems=33 extra itemization
    Enchanting=2 ring enchants for 32 extra ap each=32 itemization (AP costs 1/2 itemization point per)
    Inscription=superior shoulder enchant by 64 AP=32 itemization
    Alchemy=mixology bonus=64 extra ap on the ap flask=32 itemization
    Lw=64 more ap on the wrist enchant=32 itemization
    and so on,and so on...

The thing is that JC and BS provide bonuses different than AP (STR and Agility for different classes) if you want and since for most specs 1 str or 1 agility is better for dps that 2 ap these two proffs are the best for raiding for those classes.They're relatively balanced right now except that JC allows you to ignore meta requirements and some slot colors hence making it overpowered.

1. Doesn't matter if _________ profession hasn't gotten compensation for their nerfs.
    2. Doesn't matter if you don't think JC deserves

Fact is, Blizzard promised some type of compensation for the JC nerf so we should get it.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin
    They aren't free you have to take the time to do the quests. Time = money. Even if I did go the "free" route, it'd take 9 days to re-gem my gear. Also, I'll need to buy blue gems to meet my meta requirements.
    How do you figure nine days? You can only have three JC gems in your gear at one time. That's 3 days, champ. Unless you're regemming three different sets, in which case only one is going to make any immediate difference.

As far as the daily goes, it takes 10 minutes to do the daily. Even less than that sometimes, depending on which daily it is. One of the dailies you can even do while doing your Argent Tournament dailies.

As a matter of fact, if you start doing your JC daily every day right now, by the time 3.2 even hits you'll have enough tokens to buy the necessary epic gem designs for your main spec plus buy all new dragon's eyes to regem it.

There is no real compensation needed for the "nerf" because the benefits gained from the JC gems post-patch are still quite powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohmar
    Right now, you can only have 3 of any Dragons Eye in your gear. I understand why the limitation, but right now, they are prismatic.

IMO, the change should be the stat buff, and the ability to socket up to 5 or 6 gems. This would make up for the gems losing their prismatic attribute. And also, as stated by blizzard, the gem stat increase was to balance the gems with the other professions, main prof. being engineering, not really buffing them.

Increase the ammount of gems you can have on your gear from 3 to 5 or 6, and I would be a happy JCer, regardless of whether they give us JC tokens to replace the ones we have to replace with prismatic attribute being removed from them.
    You know if they do that they are still to overpowered towards other professions? I am a BS and I can get 2 extra sockets, a leatherworker a better armorupgrades, a tailer better also etc etc. All are about even but your prismatic makes the JC better as you can just ignore the collour requerements of 3 peaces and still get the bonus. If you want to be fair, give all professions a dayquest also giving the amount of gold a JC can get from there tokens. Next patch you are again realy wanted to cut gems with the epic ones incomming. Will spend a fortune with gems again and having severall itemsets. Sorry but I think a refund for lost of prismatic gems should not be as you look towards what other people are getting.

You are forgetting that you can also get a "normal" shoulderenchant from Hodir or the "normal' one form AH. Last time I looked its about the same value for the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    Yes, it is. However it still isn't fair that they would nerf it and make us spend hundreds of gold regemming. Nerfing it to fairness? That's fine. Making us PAY for that nerf? Not cool.
    Seeing as everyone with half a brain should be regemming when 3.2 hits I really don't think that's an appropriate call.

I remember that blue post, it said "unspecified number" which could very well constitute zero.

1. Doesn't matter if _________ profession hasn't gotten compensation for their nerfs.
    2. Doesn't matter if you don't think JC deserves

Fact is, Blizzard promised some type of compensation for the JC nerf so we should get it.
    You are acting as though you won't be getting one. Just because it isn't on the PTR at this very moment doesn't mean it won't be added later in testing, or perhaps at the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    How do you figure nine days? You can only have three JC gems in your gear at one time. That's 3 days, champ. Unless you're regemming three different sets, in which case only one is going to make any immediate difference.

As far as the daily goes, it takes 10 minutes to do the daily. Even less than that sometimes, depending on which daily it is. One of the dailies you can even do while doing your Argent Tournament dailies.

As a matter of fact, if you start doing your JC daily every day right now, by the time 3.2 even hits you'll have enough tokens to buy the necessary epic gem designs for your main spec plus buy all new dragon's eyes to regem it.

There is no real compensation needed for the "nerf" because the benefits gained from the JC gems post-patch are still quite powerful.
    Yes, I am talking about 3 different sets. I have 3 gems in my enhance gear, 3 in my healing gear, and 3 in my PvP gear. And no, it will have an immediate impact on all 3 sets. I run 25m as enhance and resto, 10m as resto, and I pvp regularly. Especially with the release of 3.2 I'll be flipflopping specs quite often.

It doesn't matter how long the daily takes, there is an opportunity cost.

Anyway, I already have the gems I'd need. However, Blizzard said they would compensate us, so that is what I expect.

Where's the Inscription compensation for dual specs? People hardly change their glyphs anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by volescue
    You are acting as though you won't be getting one. Just because it isn't on the PTR at this very moment doesn't mean it won't be added later in testing, or perhaps at the release.
    Actually, I'm just explaining why JCs have the expectation. Some people seem to think that since Engineering or whatever didn't get compensation that we shouldn't expect anything either.

Where is bs compensation then ? Where is the "real" skinning buff? Its worthless immo just 1 % crit..
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho
    Where is bs compensation then ? Where is the "real" skinning buff? Its worthless immo just 1 % crit..
    It is clear that almost no one in this thread understands the original poster's question and point. It was stated in a blue post that it was speculated we would receive some tokens for the loss of the prismatic quality of the gems because in most cases, we would have to regem our gear (to meet metas, acquire decent socket bonuses) that we would have socketed for in the first place if the gems werent prismatic from release.

Regardless of whether you think this is right/wrong/justified, it was specified in the blue post and the OP was purely asking if it was on PTR and whether anyone had heard anything about the subject since May when it was first announced.

Now on the subject of whether we should deserve any tokens refunded, personally, I think there should be a small amount. I have used 12 across 4 sets of gear (Holy PVE/Holy PVP/Prot/Ret), and I will have to regem most of them. Granted the daily is very easy to do, I would rather spend those tokens I have saved up for new patterns. I think the best solution would be just to unbind the already cut gems and place them in your bags so that you could replace them as needed, and it would cut down on the amount of tokens I would need to replace the gems.
    Xentin
    Damage Control [Suramar-US]

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia
    i cant find the blue post but i clearly remember what it said:

Dragon's Eyes have lost their prismatic quality. For compensation, we will be giving a yet to be decided number of Dalaran Jewelcrafting Awards.

can anyone who plays a JC on PTR confirm if this "compensation" has been given, or did blizz forget their promise?
    I really doubt it said that.
    As the profession is, even in 3.2 NOT balanced.

So yeah, QQ more... 42 stat profession while everyone else gets 40.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    I really doubt it said that.
    Cough.

In the next major content patch we will be removing the prismatic quality of the jewelcrafter-only Dragon’s Eye gems. Like other gems, they will have to match the socket color to receive a socket bonus. When this change occurs, players with qualifying jewelcrafting skill will be provided a yet to be determined amount of Dalaran Jewelecrafter Tokens as compensation.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/15/9158...ng-change.html
    Xentin

They aren't free you have to take the time to do the quests. Time = money. Even if I did go the "free" route, it'd take 9 days to re-gem my gear. Also, I'll need to buy blue gems to meet my meta requirements.
    So you'll have to do what everyone else does? Troll more, QQ more, in the end, it won't make an iota of difference.

You've all seen this coming for months now so you have plenty of time to "save up" those tokens, so don't give me that 9 days "waah waah" bullshit.

Yes I realize you've been responded to already, but it's this crap that pisses me off, when people whine about things that they knew was OP from the start. Like DKs whining about tanking nerfs. Really? Really? Please.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    As the profession is, even in 3.2 NOT balanced.

So yeah, QQ more... 42 stat profession while everyone else gets 40.
    Sigh. If you would read the other posts, you would realize no one is QQing about the prismatic quality changes. Most are fine with the nerf to prismatic quality.

It is the JC tokens and the blue post which people are inquiring.

Let me provide an analogy.

If tommorow, Blizzard says we are changing all current red colored gems to now be blue colored gems and vice versa. Would it break any key socket bonuses or your meta gem bonus? Would you have still gemmed the same way if they switched the colors on you?

In this hypothetical situation, sure its really easy to spend less than a 100g (on my server anyway) to replace all the gems, but its still annoying right? You wouldn't inquire about free replacements, especially when it was hinted about in a blue post???

Xentin

well, I QQ about the removal of the prismatic quality.
    i like to put in whatever i want. that's what makes the profession special in wrath.
    just reduce their stats by a small amount and everything's allright.
    sure, we might have less stat points, but flexibility comes at a price.
    it's still a very strong and potent profession.

i still have to see the new stats. maybe they're worth dropping the prismatic effect.

There is no JC nerfing , it's called balance in this precise case.
    Why Not ^^