10+ Year Old Account

BM - Information please? <3

I've been levelling one of my alts, a BM Hunter for a little while, and she's just gotten to 61. I just decided I want to get her to 80 so I can raid on her, cause she's quite fun. I do intend to stay as BM for raiding ( I may try the other specs for fun if I get Dual Spec), but really I just wanted a bit of information and I didn't see any thread I could get what I needed from.

What sort of rotation would you recommend in a raid instance? I'll use Sarth as an example, he's quite easy. All the advice I've ever gotten is Beastial Wrath and Steady Shot, plus pop rapid fire whenever possible.

And out of curiousity, what would you recommend for a dps pet? At the moment I have a devilsaur (I called him Fluffy >.>), but I'm thinking I may have to use a different one for raiding when I get there.

Thanks for your answers in advance. Oh, and in case I seem a bit noobish, my hunter was boosted through most of the vanilla content, so I'm really just learning to play her, hence the curiousity.

Re: BM - Information please? <3

For BM, a Devilsaur is top dps.

For BM your priority is Kill, Serpent, Arcane, Steady. Use Rapid Fire and BW when off CD.

Really that's it. Blizz won't give BM anything more complex. Instead they keep it "simple" and nerf it to the ground.

What Veshanna said is correct, but in 3.2 BM is going to be pretty raid viable. In fact, I'm probably going to revert back to BM for awhile to try it out again.

For glyphs, I'd go with Bestial Wrath, Steady and Hawk.

I have some info on BM specs, shot priorities, pet specs, etc. on my site if you want to dig back in the archives. Since you're only 61 at the moment, you can also wait and check back later when I will be posting about BM in 3.2 after the patch is live.

http://www.HuntsmansLodge.com is the address.
    http://HuntsmansLodge.com

Just want to point out Hawk Glyph as BM is fail, through talents by itself you are already at soft haste cap, imo get Kill Shot

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Garwulf
    What Veshanna said is correct, but in 3.2 BM is going to be pretty raid viable. In fact, I'm probably going to revert back to BM for awhile to try it out again.

For glyphs, I'd go with Bestial Wrath, Steady and Hawk.

I have some info on BM specs, shot priorities, pet specs, etc. on my site if you want to dig back in the archives. Since you're only 61 at the moment, you can also wait and check back later when I will be posting about BM in 3.2 after the patch is live.

http://www.HuntsmansLodge.com is the address.
    Switch to BW Steady and serpent

10+ Year Old Account

I hadn't thought about glyphs yet, so thanks for those who put that in without me asking! BW and Steady seem to be the general agreement for glyphs, though I'm a bit surprised there isn't much to the rotation. Sounds fairly easy to get used to.

And looks like Fluffy gets a raid spot too. I honestly only got him because I have a thing for revenge against giant reptiles that may have killed me in Un'Goro several times. I've been looking at his talent tree, are there any definites I should have? I've been told Heart of the Phoenix is a must (sounds pretty awesome to me), but I'd like to know what other people think.

Wouldent you want to use Kill - Serpent - Arcane - Multi shot - Steady?

Isnt Wolf a good pet for BM too ? =/
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho
    Isnt Wolf a good pet for BM too ? =/
    Yea furious howl is quite nice, especially with the 28 sec CD instead of 40 ;o

Yeah, use a devilsaur. the exact spec i'd use would be http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?hunt...&version=10072

Shot Priority: Kill>Serpent>Arcane>Aimed>Steady, probably, although i have done no actual testing or theorycrafting to back up my assupmtion that with this spec, arcane hits harder than aimed.

Pet: Devilsaur, no question.

Pet Talents: http://www.wowhead.com/?petcalc#cud00fc00hoRb
    You'll notice i passed up Heart of the Pheonix here so i could pick up all four points in the lower regions of the tree(6% pet damage and additional stam and ap scaling), since you already have 75% AoE reduction anyway. Anyway, the thing will be fucking big enough for the healers to wonder "what the fuck?" and start healing it just because its so goddam impressive looking. I remember going back to UBRS right after 3.0 with the MT from our guild, and setting Jaws on "aggressive". the MT couldn't stop laughing for the entirety of the run while my pet would completely ignore whatever we were AoEing down and iron-man large groups that would have wiped a level 60 10-man raid.

Pet rotation(yes this is important): Monstrous Bite, Rabid, Bite(or claw or smack or whatever the fuck). Dash should be set to auto-cast, so if he needs to actually run at something you don't have to click it, and cower and growl should be turned off. Blizzard still hasn't fixed the bug where if the ability isn't on your pet's action bar, it is automatically set to auto-cast when you log in, so bear that in mind.

Feel free to poke holes in my logic(I don't actually play a hunter anymore, but played one all throughout BC through t6 content and still understand the mechanics), but for the most part i'm pretty sure i'm right. I might not be totally spot on on the spec, but when i saw the 9% arcane damage tacked on to Ferocious Inspiration, i figured i'd throw the three points into imp arcane shot to make it even more awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldunari
    Just want to point out Hawk Glyph as BM is fail, through talents by itself you are already at soft haste cap, imo get Kill Shot
    I can see why you guys would disagree with me in theory, and yes BM already has haste coming out the a$$.

But... ever notice where the bulk of BM's damage comes from..? Yep, that's right... Auto Shot. 6% additional haste for your top damage attack is win, not "fail" as some of you have indicated. Trust me.

If you don't want to believe me, then maybe you'll believe EJ.

Top DPS build for BM @ 6987DPS w/ BiS

Spec 54/12/5
    Glyphs: Steady Shot, Bestial Wrath and Hawk. Ta Da!
    Pet: Devilsaur
    http://HuntsmansLodge.com

As far as i know serpents swiftness reduces GCD aswell