Haste rating target?

Hi, wondering what haste rating i should aim for now, particularly with 3.2 on the horizon.

While haste is very nice on paper (faster HL, nonstop FoL), i'm kinda thinking it loses it's effectiveness fast, like diminishing returns.

if i gain say 50 haste, i cast HL about 0,01s faster. bah.

Any informed opinions?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Re: Haste rating target?

Just go for gear with haste, it shouldn't be too hard to get to 500 haste.

Haste cap for holy pallies is around 685 fully raid buffed.

Haste is very nice because it not only decreases cast times, but also decreases the GCD on spells. Although you may think of 0.5 sec less GCD as useless, you will be surprised how much easier it is to spam heals and how much your healing output potential will increase as opposed to someone with very little to no haste.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Just go for gear with haste, it shouldn't be too hard to get to 500 haste.

Haste cap for holy pallies is around 685 fully raid buffed.

Haste is very nice because it not only decreases cast times, but also decreases the GCD on spells. Although you may think of 0.5 sec less GCD as useless, you will be surprised how much easier it is to spam heals and how much your healing output potential will increase as opposed to someone with very little to no haste.
    Is that 685 including the +15% Spell and Melee haste buff as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Is that 685 including the +15% Spell and Melee haste buff as well?
    Yep, that's including all possible raid buffs that you could (excluding bloodlust and consumables) get including the 15% buff from Judgements of the Pure.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

The haste soft cap(1 second GCD) for a Holy Paladin with raid buffs and JotP is 676 haste rating.

Stright from elitestjerks

Haste Rating

Increases how fast your heals cast, but they cost the same amount of healing per mana. 10% Spell Haste does not mean your spells cast 10% faster, rather it means in a given time period you will cast 10% more spells. So the cast time after haste is calculated by (Base Cast Time)/(1 + Spell Haste). The more haste you get the less cast time it will reduce, but it will increase how many spells you can cast by the same amount. Its important to note that all haste effects (Wrath of Air, Sanc Ret, JotP, and Gear) stack multiplicatively. So with all of them you only need 20.6% haste from gear to get haste soft capped (50%, for 1sec GCDs). 100 Spell Haste at 80 will give you 3% haste. With the amount of mana we have now and that people rarely die if a HL reaches them. Haste increases the chance that HL will reach them in time, and increase the amount we can put out.

So cap is 20.6% with no buffs thats ~685 sp haste.

Get haste from your gear. I wouldnt gem or chant for it. Except on your cloak.

im in 3/5 furious and rest deadly, and i try to get my haste above my resilience....

jks