Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Elemental Warding

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    The nice thing is... with EW and raidbuffed in pretty good gear it's about 1.4k Health. So whenever you are below that point, you know that EW just saved your ass.
    Exactly. And most hard modes are about min/maxing. You go with as few healers as possible and as few tanks as possible. They're almost all dps races (in fact, they really all are).

Thorim (stacking damage buff, eventually one shots tanks). A lot of unavoidable damage, siff running around nova/aoe frost bolt can almost one shot you at times especially if you happen to get cause in blizzard too.

Hodir (pure dps race, you have 3 min). Frozen Blows, few healers. If you get unlucky with Flash Freezes, it can get scary sometimes.

Freya (have to stay ahead of the waves of trash and roots). Probably has some of the least unavoidable damage, but ... good luck avoiding the raid damage lol

Mimiron? lol *sigh* I don't even have to talk about this one I think.

Vezax (pure dps race once animus spawns). Only unavoidable damage is really the aura in p2, but it still gets nasty towards the end.

Council (pure dps race once on steelbreaker). Unavoidable aura which gets stronger and stronger.

So basically, every important hard mode fight (XT/FL excluded imo) has quite a lot of raid damage. You're running with as few healers as possible and without the perfect set up that some of the top guilds use (like 4 holy priests to just spam PoH on specific groups), you're probably going to have a few scary moments. 6% damage reduction WILL actually help. It's like having 6% more life. Some fights some classes have to wear some pvp gear to improve survivability (Freya, it is suggested to have 24k+ life raid buffed).

Even if you aren't pushing content, taking less damage > mana talents you don't need. I don't see how anyone could argue against that.

CL + Magma totem shuffle. That will put any Ele shaman oom regardless of how much mp5/regen talents you have. Also, it won't take a terribly long time for you to get oom either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambler
    CL + Magma totem shuffle. That will put any Ele shaman oom regardless of how much mp5/regen talents you have. Also, it won't take a terribly long time for you to get oom either.
    well no sane elemental shaman would do that.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

15+ Year Old Account
    Behind you yelling: "WHY SO SERIOUS, SON?"

DaDimi...

I couldn't have said it better myself.

/salute
    Skoddraei, Draenei Shaman, Quel'Thalas-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Rambler
    Why would an elemental shaman be spamming CL and/or Magma totem during a boss encounter? Especially on hard modes? CL on p4 of Mimiron ok, but that isn't really spam (only 1 out of 4 phases). CL on Kologarn, but it isn't a hard mode possible boss. Magma on Auriaya, again not hard mode. *thinks* That's about it? Magma a few times on Freya, not spammed. Magma during p3 of Mimiron, not spammed.

Again, for single target dps, an elemental shaman will never /oom and on hardmode encounters 6% damage reduction is significant.