Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What would you have done in this situation?? Am I a bad person?

Last night I decided I wanted a trinket from 10 man Naxx. Hell 10 man Naxx, I thought I havn't been there in forever, should be really easy these days. Oh how wrong I was.....

So, I find fresh run looking for more. Did a quick gear check on the people in the group 2300-2400 or so gearscore on wow heroes. They had ulduar gear and had some acheivements.

Then a group of like 5 members of a guild joined in. They said the wanted to run it quick cause they had a ulduar 10 man starting in 4 hours. (this should have been my first clue to get the hell out, Naxx 10 should not take that long)

So for the first few bosses people kept dying. Turns out 1 person wasn't even in naxx yet and they were a healer. How this wasn't caught I have no idea. Then they show up and we destroy 3 or 4 bosses in crazy record time, we had like 5 people doing over 5k dps, everything was going great, Nobody wanted any of the loot and I'm an enchanter, and I would D/E the abyss crystals for rolls after the run.

Then for no reason, everybody just started sucking hardcore. Like wiping on trash, mages pulling shades with half the run 300 feet away. In one fight, we had like 4 people die, and all the while, 3 other people were AFK.

After that debacle, and about 3 1/2 hours into the raid (eek I know) everybody except me and one other person left.

I had on my person 13 abyss crystals, and 2 items to sell worth about 350g apiece. We had like 16 people total throughout the length of the raid as some left and others were added to replace.

So, I split all the loot with the one other person in the raid and sold it all in the AH. Hopefully the 1000g I pull will make up for dealing with all those tards and I'll only run with guildies from now on.

So.......

Am I a jerk for taking all the loot? Nobody said anything about rolling, they all just hearthed out and scattered once we wiped the last time. I consider loot should only go to the people that actually stayed to finish the whole raid.

ps.. good luck to the guild that is running ulduar but can't beat naxx lol

Re: What would you have done in this situation?? Am I a bad person?

No but you're an idiot for telling this to others, and splitting it with the other guy. God, the universe, Cthulu, or whomever, just decided to leave you with a pirate's worth of bounty, and not only did you share it, you're telling other people about it.

/fail at life

Yeah agree. You should have tanken all the loot and who the fuck cares if he's telling people. Not like anyone can do anything about it

Kharay1977

So, you joined a PuG that failed... and, ultimately, almost everyone had left the PuG without reminding you shards needed to be divided amongst the people?

If that's the case, no, you're not the jerk. The people who left are simply morons.

No one mentioned anything, but at the same time you didn't mention anything either.

Hard to say, really. Hard to say
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

Consider it compensation.

And everyone in the world are bad persons so yes, so are you.

Quote Originally Posted by Goreskull
    No but you're an idiot for telling this to others, and splitting it with the other guy. God, the universe, Cthulu, or whomever, just decided to leave you with a pirate's worth of bounty, and not only did you share it, you're telling other people about it.

/fail at life
    I'm confused

I do what I feel like is the right thing by splitting the loot with the only other person in the raid that didn't suck, and I fail at life.

Sometimes there are more important things in life than money. I care about my reputation as well as a good player. Also, why does it matter who I tell about it?

Quote Originally Posted by kperkins1982
    I'm confused

I do what I feel like is the right thing by splitting the loot with the only other person in the raid that didn't suck, and I fail at life.

Sometimes there are more important things in life than money. I care about my reputation as well as a good player. Also, why does it matter who I tell about it?
    Sigh

15+ Year Old Account

You should've kept it all.

thieves are blessed tells the 13th god, but you shouldnt have shared it

You makde a good choice dude, don't break your back carrying people and not get anything out of it yourself =p

Meh, in my opinion, if they forgot to ask for the crystals, it's not your obligation to chase after them.

Though you should hold off on selling the loot in case someone remembers and comes back for it a day later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

You did the right thing, screw the leavers. Awarding the single person that stayed with half the loot is a nice gesture too imho. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

You did the right thing IMO. Leading a PuG, and especially the likes of the one you describe, immediately awards you all the loot they left behind.

Same thing happens to me when I run heroics etc, people leave as soon as the last boss hits the floor forgetting all about the crystals which I then either split with the people that stayed or put safely in my bank!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

If I understand correctly, you:
    1: Formed a PUG.
    2: DEd the "unwanted" loot.
    3: Had a bunch of people leave without asking about said DE mats.
    4: Shared said DE mats with the one remaining original person.
    5: Made a profit.

Sounds like a reasonable thing to do. (The "payment for tards" bit is a bit off... understandable feeling, but not morally justified. Doesn't matter, though: if they didn't ask - or stay to the end - screw 'em.)

/fail at life
    Sadly this reminds of the crazy spawning fuck in runescape that would give gold or /we if you won the challenge.

(Back to my corner now)

You did the wrong thing. You shouldn't have split the loot unless the guy that was in your group asked you too.

Consider it compensation.

And everyone in the world are bad persons so yes, so are you.
    This couldn't said it better myself.

10+ Year Old Account

If the agreement was shards to be given out at the end of the run and someone leaves before the end, called or KT dead, they forfeit thier shards. Plus, if said deserters weren't smart enough to ask about the shards before leaving, you and the remaining group members get a bigger cut of the loot.

Profitting from the stupidity of others is not a crime.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

You were honorable in even splitting the loot with the 1 other original guy. I think I would have just left tbh.