Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Paragon Killed Yogg+0

Quote Originally Posted by conzpi
    actually it isn't, good shadowpriests / mages do pretty close the same dmg as warlocks, and stars only used 2 hunters

and to whoever said it's easy just copying stars video - we had the tactics set and were at 2% before we heard they got the kill :P not even using the same strategy as them, wait until you see the video!
    And when do you think that video will be released? I can hardly wait for it^^ Yes, I'm a vid freak xD

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    whos Paragon o.O
    He's the Liveship Ludlucks commisioned. He was created from two dragon cocoons whose personalities were constantly at conflict which affected Paragons personality. This in addition to people believing Paragon had killed his own crew caused people to dub him the Mad Ship or Pariah. The Fool later bought Paragon from Ludlucks and gave it to Brashen who lead an expedition to recover the Liveship Vivacia from pirates who had captured it. Currently Brashen remains the captain of Paragon.

So like, I heard that nobody even knew who Stars was and didn't even know their name until they killed Yogg +0, but now that they got the world first on it, people are like nut-hugging them and stuff and put them up there with "The Best Guilds" now.

Regardless, gratz Paragon on copying Stars, still beat quite a few guilds to it.

Quote Originally Posted by L2theBR
    So like, I heard that nobody even knew who Stars was and didn't even know their name until they killed Yogg +0, but now that they got the world first on it, people are like nut-hugging them and stuff and put them up there with "The Best Guilds" now.

Regardless, gratz Paragon on copying Stars, still beat quite a few guilds to it.
    The only two reasons Stars wasn't well-known before their Yogg+0 kill is because they get patches a week later than EU server does, which puts them out of any real competition on bosses, not just hard-modes. Since WoWJutsu only records US and EU servers, they can't be ranked there either. Personally, I think they deserve a spot on the top 3 list AT LEAST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Guildox recently added the TW region as the Chinese servers still lagging behind in 3.0 due to the change over of hosts

looking forward to seeing the vid for this one, already spotted a BM hunter in there

Quote Originally Posted by Akhorahil
    Prophetx, what's the name of the anime you're using in your sig?

gurren lagann

Stars have been around for a long time. Known for clearing all TBC content (Black temple at the time) in ridiculously short time after TBC was released in their region. It took them something like 3 weeks to level and kill everything. They also got second and third kills on 25 man hard mode Mimiron and Algalon so I wouldn't call them anything but an awesome guild. They were also in a disadvantage with the Ulduar patch being released later than in EU/US.

We didn't copy Stars' strategy but made our own after Exodus killed the boss and it was thought to be legit. The strat itself is easy enough, it's just the executing part that is hard. Video of our kill will be released some time next week.

Quote Originally Posted by mtncar
    Strategies released for fight... check
    Kill video posted showing exactly what to do... check
    Kill after the above two have already happened... yawn :

Paragon has always been one of those guilds that could easily emulate a kill once a vid/strat has been released, but aren't very good at it when they have to come up with it on their own.
    ...unlike you and your guild. >_>

Grats Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Gankenstein
    did any other guild apart from Paragon use the Stars strategy yet and downed him? no
    The funny thing is that Paragon didn't use Stars' strategy to down him, and yes, I made an account just to join the drama.

did any other guild apart from Paragon use the Stars strategy yet and downed him? no
    We didn't use the tactic that Stars came up with (or even parts of it) at all. The reason is pretty simple - it's completely based on bowing towards the RNG mecca several times per try. If the stars don't align, it's a wipe. Most of the time they don't align. Now factor in player mistakes, spiky damage on tank etc on top of actually requiring the beaconed heals to be on the right targets. It takes a tremendous amount of tries just to get those few potential good ones to go their way.

What we had is repeatable 100% of the time. We had pretty much every day after the first one several under ~2% wipes.

I'm not taking anything away from Stars, though. The stamina and determination it takes to kill Yogg-0 with the tactic they used is immense. I'm quite "hardcore" when it comes down to raiding, but what they were doing would've burned me out because of the "bad luck" -factor - it must've taken a massive amount of grinding. They deserve all the credit they can get with getting the first kill their way.