Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Trial of the Champion (5-Man) Loot Table

Quote Originally Posted by Abani

Actually it is a bad thing.
    I'm sorry there are so many people that seem to be blurring the line between a normal retail game, and a subscription based one.

We all do not play some random star of a console game that you pick up for 4-40 hours depending the genre; then toss aside and most likely never play again.

Your character is a long-running investment. Ever-growing, ever-changing. To progress beyond max level, working for gear is nearly the only way in this game.
    This mentality is an outdated relic of classic wow, and hasn't been relevant since BC was released. Progression based on gear is NOT persistent when biannual expansions function as a gear reset. If you associate the value of your time spent playing an MMO with the quality of gear your character has, WoW will continue to disappoint you - might I suggest FFXI?

In case you've been living in a cave for the last few months as far as developer comments go, the devs have realized that designing key content(raids) around tiny fractions of their playerbase(srs bsns/ilvl epeen raiders) isn't a good idea. They spend a major portion of their dev resources making raids, and they want the majority of players to be able to experience them. If progression remains flat(X months in Naxx before geared for Uld, X months in Uld before geared for Crusade, X months in Crusade before geared for Icecrown) then a lot of players won't ever see Arthas, and Blizz wants most players to get a chance to fight him. Honestly, if the idea of 'casual' players beating Arthas upsets you, just quit playing now, because it's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Abani
    Facing facts: A successful persistent world needs a grind, needs timesinks, and it *NEEDS* long-term and short-term goals to strive for.
    WoW was so successful because it took these concepts and then made them accessible to a much wider audience without cheapening the experience.

As for right now it looks like Blizzard is giving Mario a Flute in World 3, and he's skipping his way to World 7.
    (Moreso than it ever has. And I do remember the Sunwell badge gear, and Magister's Terrace. There is hardly a comparison here.)
    You and pretty much everyone else complaining about this issue and the upcoming badge change try to misrepresent the issue by making it seem like you ding 80 and get handed a full set of BiS Ulduar 25 epics. The gear selection for casuals is still junk compared to raiding, and the amount of effort-per-piece required to get a full set of badge items from heroics is significantly higher compared to the upgrades a single run of Naxx or Uld 25 will give someone in blues. This change just lets players who started late catch up faster - by the time they've managed to drop their last blues, most raiders who can clear current content(HM or not) will be in mostly t9/equivalent gear.

tl;dr= Raiding is about experiencing the encounters, not the gear. Suck it, elitist dbags - Blizzard </3 you anymore.

*edited: spelling

Re: Trial of the Champion (5-Man) Loot Table (Updated)

You are all right to complain. I mean Naxx isn't so dumbed down that a 4 year old couldn't bang his face on the keyboard and win.

Seriously... think about how dumb it sounds

"OMG, IT is purple colored text from a 5 man instance = a 10 man instance from 9 months ago."

Naxx = Serious Business apparently.

It's nice for my alts, but it will get boring really fast. And that good feeling of getting that new shiny epic will be gone also (if it was still there;p).

But yes, very good for new players/alts/casual players ofcourse. Trial of the Champion normal > Trial of the Champion heroic > Heroic daily > Normal daily = win.

Okay, this is mainly for the whiners out there, I am pleased with this patch for many reasons:

1. Flying mount reward with champion seals...didn't feel like talking to a RL alliance on Boulderfist to trade pets. Also, a nice conclusion to obtaining free money for a couple of weeks.

2. MGT came early. I doubt it will be as challenging but then again this did not come out at the same time as "Arthas/Icecrown/Citadel, the Final Frontier" patch. Also with how easy it is to hit level 80 now (lets not even discuss the BoA flying book thing) and constant gold streams via dailies (just like SWP), I'm sure blizzard is catering to alts maybe 75% and casuals 25%. So, uh say thank you? LOL

3. The 10 man trinkets, especially the one with passive armor pen is superb. For example, my feral has 2 piece 8.25, uld 25 weap, and naxx gears yet still has hateful bracers and some heroic blue trinket. Though he is capable of doing hardmodes in 10/25 man, that trinket would be a wondrous upgrade, and at the same time I would be experiencing new content/obtaining achievments. Good deal in my opinion plus a throwback to heroic MGT when people with war glaives would run MGT for the expertise trinkets, or how SWP healers still used the trinket from heroic MGT because it was amazing, etc. Basically a great way to get people into the new, lower level content.

4. Conquest emblems. I have a level 80 paladin (retpvp/prot), warlock (destro) and druid (feral pve/pvp mostly). Now while they are all at maximum level (and its very easy to hit 80 now), I welcome this change. I figured out my classes quickly and became great at many aspects of them. However, since I am a Biology Major in college, I would have small breaks followed by periods where I could not even think about WoW. Substitute "College" with I don't know, spouse, children, emergency, career, and you have a large pool of players that are intelligent, skilled, know their class, but would prefer to work out or spend time going out rather than playing 14 hours a day, instead there have been times where I play about 9-12 a week (just raiding). Therefore, I see these changes as a way to grind rep on my other 2 80's while obtaining t8.25. That way, since I am skilled and intelligent, I won't be laughed at when I try to rejoin my guild and they have been clearing tier 9 content. Also, I feel that any person that is smart enough to figure out bosses, listens, and is a teamplayer deserves great gear. I get a chance to even out the playing field. Hard for me to compete with a 14 year old that has no responsibilities but has a whole lot of DKP :P

5. You're paying $15.00 a month to have fun! Instead of worrying about what people are going to benefit from easy epics hit ulduar hard. See if you can do hard modes or even take out Algalon's a$$. Maybe geta 3v3 team together and see how high you can get you're ratings too. Maybe make money for a a week or 2, pursuing tradeskills, playing the AH, and selling cooldowns. The reason this game has been so fun for me is that I am so busy that everytime I log on I am challenged and this makes me pretty happy! If you are bored with all of these interesting developments maybe take a break and hit the gym? Patches are a lot more meaningful and enjoyable when you don't know about all the changes before hand on MMO

blizz has ileveled this stuff wrong its all better than its ilevel.

The other problem that exists and one ALL hardcores whine about. Yeah when I was hardcore I whined in BC.

Now the demographic of 18-35, casual is now the dominant subscriber of the game. Every job I go to I get many casuals hooked. I play from 1-10 hours a week thats it. I have a very demanding job so I have no choice.

But, we as casuals, want to have the opportunity to excel or have the chance to. In the last year many casuals were cancelling thier account due to arena team ratings and the overall amount of time required to raid ( raid, farm, 3 weeks an item in 25 mans is bs ).

The last patch is perfect evidence to this happening. Almost every change has been targeted at casuals...extremely low team ratings TOC and a bunch of other changes...read the release notes. WOW's change has been happening for a year now.

It gives people with low time investment because of social lives, family, work, etc the abilty to enjoy the game the same amount as everyone else.

The MMO demographics have been changing and the casuals or starting to become to main subscriber. I believe we will see games start shifting this way because of the demogrpahic reports released earlier this year for MMO's. I'm happy for the shift. It's a good step.

My 2 cents