Paladin solo/prot farm spec

Hello,

My cousin and me (Warlock and prot pala) often qeust together and farm some old dungeons (tbc/vanilla).
    We were wondering if there was a tank spec, wich would make it easier for us to farm old content like that.
    As: Take less damage and do more (AoE) damage

My cousin only has decent gear for prot:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Mill&n=Myrdion

We would apreciate it if anyone could tell us wich spec to take so we can go on and explore and farm old content to the max!

Re: Paladin solo/prot farm spec

if all you want is more damage then i suggest this: (i went with the spec you had now for choices on optional points and moved things around for more damage.)

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdxf0x0c

15+ Year Old Account

im farming ZG in my ret gear. easy to solo.

just take a ret pvp spec and its easy as hell

in my opinion there is no better spec for soloing anything than classic prot, just some talents i would recommend:
    Improved hammer of Justice instead of spriritual attunement, because you will only heal yourself via light and 20s counter/stun helps in some fights.
    and one point in reckoning is really great for large mob groups (so your seal of light procs more often)

I would suggest something like this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...&version=10072
    if mana is even with divine plea a problem stay with benediction instead of heart of crusader (or pull more mobs)
    the two points left are up to him (i personally like pursuit of justice, but 2% crit aren't bad either)

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    im farming ZG in my ret gear. easy to solo.

just take a ret pvp spec and its easy as hell
    Well... Yeah, But like I said, my cousin only has decent gear for Prot ;D

------------------------------

As for the rest, the changes made in the build are minor, you guys are sure that they have the effect I'm hoping for?

Also, what glyphs should he take?

Thanks for the builds in the meanwhile!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    if all you want is more damage then i suggest this: (i went with the spec you had now for choices on optional points and moved things around for more damage.)

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdxf0x0c
    This.

you can look at my armory for glyphs. i use the same talent spec i suggested with 1 minor change putting 1 pt from imp judgement to Benediction to maintain the 9sec judgement for rotation.

also the Glyph of Avenger's Shield was a personal preference and you can replace that one with whatever you'd like (Hammer of the Righteous is one i could recommend instead)

You don't really lose anything by putting a second point into improved judgement, it just comes off cooldown earlier. As long as you keep with the rotation and not hit it until you've hit your 6, it's fine. the other choices of what to put it in aren't that great so it's not a horrible choice. Also, there are situations when keeping up a 9696 isn't possible so the shorter CD can help in those situations.

yes, to each their own playstyle.

Deleted

1-60: retribution until you get Crusader Strike, Judgements of the Wise, Sheath of Light and Divine Storm
    61-65: get Divine Strength from prot
    66-80: put the rest of the points wherever you want to

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret
    1-60: retribution until you get Crusader Strike, Judgements of the Wise, Sheath of Light and Divine Storm
    thanks for posting how to level as RET in a post that's asking how to spec PROT at 80 so you can farm old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret

/facepalm

To the OP, I use the basic cookie cutter prot build when I'm out soloing old content, since your friends not currently in his Prot gear but based on his spec and glyph choices he should be fine.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

It depends. If you spec into holy (this is for solo farming). You can grab uninterrupted healing, and you don't need the additional damage/threat from ret. It depends what content you are doing, an whether you need survivability of DPS.

Healing isn't the problem...

Uninterrupted healing isn't really that big of a deal anyway tbh... you can't block dodge or parry while you are casting, so it's a case of whether the damage you take in that 1.5/2.5 seconds is less than what the heal is going to give you... and how much you will heal in total before going oom and leaving yourself in a sticky situation.

Thanks alot for all the help, we choose the build Lumider/Lightstrike.
    This topic can be locked