Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blizzcon Announcement?

Hi people

With Blizzcon coming up in August, you think they will announce some new expansion or maybe their new MMO?
    I've read the topics on this forum and some people say that in the past, Blizzard announced a new expansion @ Blizzcon.
    I still have a small question though:

When Blizzard announced WoTLK, was it before they announced Sunwell Plateau(last content patch of TBC)?
    If it was, then they may announce the new expansion on Blizzcon, even though they didn't announce 3.3 yet.

EDIT: Edited tittle to avoid concfusion that this thread contains the announcement.
    Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my first language

Cheers

Re: Blizzcon Announcement

If I'd had to guess.. prolly something abt D3 and Starcraft 2 mostly... prolly name of the new mmo at the most

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump
    If I'd had to guess.. prolly something abt D3 and Starcraft 2 mostly... prolly name of the new mmo at the most
    This..

The new MMO is far from ready yet, and by ready i mean eady to reveal anything.. We will see a name IF they decide to show us anything.. :S

We are however prolly gonna get alot more info about D3, Starcraft 2, and the new expansion for World of Warcraft ( Maelstrom, I'll bet my left arm )

15+ Year Old Account

Personally, im hoping for an announcement about the warcraft movie, seems to have slipped away quietly. Last i saw on a movie site was a 2011 estimated release with no official word from Blizz in ages

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Swifteh
    Personally, im hoping for an announcement about the warcraft movie, seems to have slipped away quietly. Last i saw on a movie site was a 2011 estimated release with no official word from Blizz in ages
    Nah, the movie will "die off" similar to what happend to Warcraft Adventures or Starcraft Ghost.

It's been talked about for so long, but no script or even actors have been announced, so people refering to it as the "Duke nuk'em" of the movie business. ;D

It will turn out not up to their standards and they'll flush it. ;D

This is what i foresee:

- Lots of SC2 Coverage
    - Lots of D3 Coverage
    - New WOW Expansion unveiled(Name + a few pictures, even the cinematic if we're lucky)
    - Thats wassap.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Litemode
    This is what i foresee:

- Lots of SC2 Coverage
    - Lots of D3 Coverage
    - New WOW Expansion unveiled(Name + a few pictures, even the cinematic if we're lucky)
    - Thats wassap.
    And Ozzy Osbourne coming to Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Saints
    Nah, the movie will "die off" similar to what happend to Warcraft Adventures or Starcraft Ghost.

It's been talked about for so long, but no script or even actors have been announced, so people refering to it as the "Duke nuk'em" of the movie business. ;D

It will turn out not up to their standards and they'll flush it. ;D
    From what I am aware, there is a script, its finished. They have a director and they have already begun filming some of it, they said they already ahve some big names acting in it
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Re: Blizzcon Announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by Partyraiser
    When Blizzard announced WoTLK, was it before they announced Sunwell Plateau(last content patch of TBC)?
    If it was, then they may announce the new expansion on Blizzcon, even though they didn't announce 3.3 yet.
    If I remember correctly, Blizz announced wotlk long before the sunwell patch. Don't quote me on this.
    Either way, WotLK has been out longer than BC was out when WotLK was announced. If memory serves, we're also farther into WotLK than we were into vanilla when BC was announced. I see no reason why they wouldn't announce the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Litemode
    No.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha
    And Ozzy Osbourne coming to Blizzcon.
    ;D
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by golbez
    No.
    Reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Omy
    Reason?
    Wouldn't make any sence to release the name already from a marketing pov.
    Maybe a blurry screenshot showing something at best, so the speculation train can run its course.
    And with that alot of media coverage.
    Its better to keep your costumers in the dark for a while and slowly release information to em.
    Keeps em interested and talking about game x for a longer period of time.

Reason?
    Because we already know it will be Cataclysm...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Darrkh
    From what I am aware, there is a script, its finished. They have a director and they have already begun filming some of it, they said they already ahve some big names acting in it
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/

i hope they announce a starcraft 2 beta

and ALOT more about diablo 3

and ofcourse the next expansion, and hopefully we see a movie and some stuff (crossing fingers for a new hero class)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte
    Wouldn't make any sence to release the name already from a marketing pov.
    Maybe a blurry screenshot showing something at best, so the speculation train can run its course.
    And with that alot of media coverage.
    Its better to keep your costumers in the dark for a while and slowly release information to em.
    Keeps em interested and talking about game x for a longer period of time.
    You mean like they didn't do with TBC and WotLK?

15+ Year Old Account

If I remember correctly, Blizz announced wotlk long before the sunwell patch. Don't quote me on this.
    Either way, WotLK has been out longer than BC was out when WotLK was announced. If memory serves, we're also farther into WotLK than we were into vanilla when BC was announced. I see no reason why they wouldn't announce the next expansion.
    Sorry, but you're so terribly wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Welcome to your first expension to an MMO, ever. While there were issues, it was a smooth launch, more or less.

If this WASN'T your first expansion to an MMO, please wait patiently while I look for nice and sturdy palm tree to ram your face against.

Quote Originally Posted by Emokisse
    Sorry, but you're so terribly wrong.
    i don't know how omy could have made it any clearer that they accept they may be mistaken, but were replying to the best of their knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by keke
    It's like asking why the hell bosses attack tanks and not healers. It's like asking why bosses play with us for 10 minutes, and then after 10 minutes they get tired of their toys and enrages and one shots us all. Why didn't they do this from the start? Stupid game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zongo
    Could you imagine Robin Williams in a raid vent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari
    I'll be in my bunk.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet
    You mean like they didn't do with TBC and WotLK?
    Your comparing expansions with a whole new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    Because we already know it will be Cataclysm...
    No, thats the new expansion..

Not the new MMO