Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bored as hell. Retribution spec ver. 3.2 (Shrappnel's version)

http://war-tools.com/t64302.html

Ronark motivated me to start my own version (thanks man).
    Please REFRAIN from talking sh*t, this is only an IDEA, thought I'd share it
    (Positive) comments or suggestions are welcome!

*Of note:

-Changed Vindication from reducing attack power to reducing the next healing effect on the target (yes, a freakin'
    MS effect, but a weaker one)
    -Removed Seal of Command, cuz it sucks balls, with a new talent: Punishment
    -Pursuit of Justice slightly modified
    -Sanctity of Battle: Rolled the increased damage to Crusader Strike to a new (deep) talent; doubled the damage bonus to Exorcism
    -New talent: Weapon Mastery
    -Moved Righteous Vengeance near Vengeance, and reduced it to 2 points
    -Reduced the cooldown to Repentance to 45 seconds
    -Sanctified Wrath slightly modified, removed the Avenging Wrath bonus to a new (deep) talent
    -Doubled the effectiveness of Swift Retribution
    -Crusader Strike modified (NO MS/INTERRUPT EFFECTS you fuckin' crybabies )
    -New talent: Justified Killing (replaced Righteous Vengeance)
    -New talent: Improved Crusader Strike
    -Talents between Divine Storm are for Lv 90 8)

**Raises Flame Shield**
    Most classes spend their entire /played time wondering if they made a difference.
    Paladins don't have that problem.

Re: Bored as hell. Retribution spec ver. 3.2 (Shrappnel's version)

Why not just add in a IWIN button? Seems like all you're doing is adding in retarded talents that would just do so. Just add in a talent that says, "Instantly kill everyone within 100 yards." 100% crit damage? 25% increase crit damage bonus? Passive Avenging wrath? Wtf? These might be ideas but they're just crack pot ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Your ms effect is "weaker", but you add so many +healing effects at the bottom, your ms ends up being...OP.

Your flame shield is not prepared...

/shittalk
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen
    Your ms effect is "weaker", but you add so many +healing effects at the bottom, your ms ends up being...OP.

Your flame shield is not prepared...

/shittalk
    Adding picture to support above comment of Your flame shield is not prepared.
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx
    100% crit damage?
    2 minute CD, guy

25% increase crit damage bonus?
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=49534 Say what now?

Passive Avenging wrath? Wtf?
    Kinda like the Spriests' shadowform thought it'd be cool, BESIDES there's a catch.

Fail argument is fail.

Most classes spend their entire /played time wondering if they made a difference.

And good job making Hammer of Wrath OP...40%??? I can already taste the QQ...
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by shrappnel
    2 minute CD, guy

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=49534 Say what now?
    Kinda like the Spriests' shadowform thought it'd be cool, BESIDES there's a catch.

Fail argument is fail.

Doesn't matter on the CD.

DKs are retarded too.

Base shadow spells do poor damage shadowform is there to buff the damage to do anything worth while. Don't care what the catch is. Still retarded. Your ideas are terrible.

just make 71 talent in ret tree,call it with uber-cool name like "RET WRATH LOL" that will instantly kill a target.but cmon,it will have 1min cd!
    i just dont get how bad youre at this game if you still want ret to be buffed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19
    If someone will tell me true meaning of life I will quit right away and start doing "that thing".

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen
    And good job making Hammer of Wrath OP...40%??? I can already taste the QQ...
    Alot of haters tonight, lol.

1. THIS IS NOT REAL.
    2. Ideas are ALWAYS subject to change.
    3. You must die to pallies alot

1.THANKS FUCKING GOD
    2.not the lame ones
    3.frostmages never loose to palas
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19
    If someone will tell me true meaning of life I will quit right away and start doing "that thing".

3. not true. at least not in arenas where i can use LOS.

well. btt: this would make paladins a bit op.
    but i really like the idea of avenging wrath being kinda the ret counterpart of righteous fury or the equivalent of shadow form. well, to be honest, i just love my wings and it would be awesome to have perma-wings, though it would steal some of that "I HAZ POPPED MAH WINGZ!!11 QUIVAR IN FEAR!!11" sentiment that they currently have.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Zoialord

Well i think rather than flame the hell out of you like most the people here seem to be doing i'll actually take a calm look at thing's while i smoke my ciggy and relax before bed.

Some of the idea's are indeed OP.. but what it seems to be trying to do is focus a lot on what PvP Ret's especially complain about a lot at the mo.

Our Burst damage now is laughable tbh, we still have it at the moment (3.1), we wont have it at all (3.2) but hopefully our damage on target will be more sustained.

Oh and btw even frost mage's lose to Ret pally's and have done since TBC. The only prob is now is the insane shields they seem to have and the damage they can absorb. Frost mage's are the master's of CC but they cant beat a bubble and if you make them spam abilitys enough they do go OOM, unlike Ret pally's.

Every class has good and bad player's dont compare bad Ret's to good Mage's. The Ret's who fail are the one's still trying to kill inside a HoJ and not timing the use of abilitys properly.

Back to topic though.. i think the 11 pointer is kinda to strong for it's position in the tree. I think the Justified Killing with say the removal of the DS part would be a good change. The crusader strike change tbh is a bit OP, we already have Divinity if we want to go into Prot so the effect on CS imo isn't needed.

6% haste i feel is a little to OP aswell not so much for us but for the classes were likely to get in a group with. Hunter's already love the 3% increased damage and 3% haste (in PvE that is) 6% from the one spec would be to much imo.

Oh and as for the Passive Wing's that would be kinda cool but make it like a proc effect. We have to do X to be able to use our full wings with the new talent, and give it some twist.

I dont know but im tired... maybe make it say proc off of us having a unused AoW proc up and having say CS crit or something and that allows us to go all Holy Warrior (Gold glowing pally with wings anyone rofl) look kinda like something out of an anime but meh we already been pink pally rangers about time we got something cool

And have it affect only our holy damage, SoV tick's, judgements and the like.

Actually i wasn't aiming for PvP here. I did make a few modifications to PvP talents, such as Pursuit, increasing it by an additional 5% cause I know we'll never get a Death Grip / Charge ability.

Passive 6% haste isn't asking much... well maybe for casters. I compared it with http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=55610 I mean COME ON, 1 talent point for 20% melee haste for using Icy Touch.

Maybe Punishment IS too high in the talent tree (or too strong), maybe I'll modify.

And it's been said that PvE Ret DPS is too low, we don't even compare to Rogues / (good) Locks, especially single target dps, where were SUPPOSED to shine.

People are still in the mindset of 1v1. It isn't balanced around that.

EDIT: Pallies watch out for Sowing, he NEVER loses to Pallies!!

Zoialord

Ahh but to get to that point it's actually quite an investment in the frost tree way more than 3 points :s. I'ts actually 9 points in interconnecting ability's to get that (25 points to get to that tier) although it's not as deep as Swift. Also Swift is always active aslong as an aura is on, Imp talons isnt.

It seemed a lot would work really well in PvP..

Quote Originally Posted by Zoialord
    Ahh but to get to that point it's actually quite an investment in the frost tree way more than 3 points :s. I'ts actually 9 points in interconnecting ability's to get that (25 points to get to that tier) although it's not as deep as Swift. Also Swift is always active aslong as an aura is on, Imp talons isnt.
    True but a Frost DK would be a fool not to get both prerequisites.
    Swift would be always active hence only the 6% haste increase, as opposed to 20%.
    I'll switch some numbers around tommorow, but thanks for the comments.

I guess people should avoid wartools threads here, as you're really prone to flamebaits here.

With vindication you gave us a powerful mortal strike that, again like many other abilities, we cannot control. I could see maby 20% tops for ret in a different talent, but as you've put it into play, it realistically isn't going to always be extremely beneficial, and lets rember it can be cleansed.

Punishment is probably too spell specific, make it somehting like shaman's tidal force. Ex.*increases the critical strike chance and critical strike damage of your next CS, DS, or judgement by 60%. each critical strike reduces the effect by 20%. 3 charges*.

Sanctified wrath is too good, 40% would be over the top for pvp by far. Fine as is ingame.

Avenger, while an interesting concept, would be a bit powerful. 10% damage bonus (including a perma wing effect) is too much for a single talent point. Also, you didnt give it any spell steal immunity, so a mage may or may noy be able to spell steal your buff and have a 10% damage increase until they die :. Now, like another poster said, if you made it into some sort of holy-form using the wings as the form, I would be all for it.

While I like champion of the light, i don't see the need very much(especially with JoL while soloing), but if you must have it, you probably would want to reduce it to a 2 pt 1/2 str, 1/2% of health talent.

Keep trying, and rember when you're creating these things that you have to keep your abilities balanced . You can't just run around one-shot some one like beta ret :-X
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by sowing
    just make 71 talent in ret tree,call it with uber-cool name like "RET WRATH LOL" that will instantly kill a target.but cmon,it will have 1min cd!
    i just dont get how bad youre at this game if you still want ret to be buffed...
    that would be OP

make it have a 5 min cooldown

15+ Year Old Account

Wheres the Other trees? :'(

All yours ideas aren't bad, however some are a tad exaggerated.
    Why Not ^^