Thread: Alliance

Alliance

Hi. I have never played as an ally and would like to roll a rogue on some eu pvp realm. I cannot decide between gnome and night elf. What would experienced allied players suggest? (nelfs seem a bit overrated ). Thanks in advance for all your help.

Re: Alliance

My rogue is nelf. However, I made him right when I started the game, so I didn't know much about racials. If I could change his race to another ally race, I'd probably pick human. A free trink slot is reeeaallly nice.

If I had to pick between nelf and gnome, probably nelf. I don't really find myself needing another root/snare break, but an extra vanish has saved me many times.

Human, for what the above poster said. Also you get mace and fist bonus I think correct? That + the perception human racial + 10% to faction rep is huge.
    Phyta-[H] Gorgonash - 85 Tauren Warrior - Beastmode Tanking / Arms Deeps
    Suberror-[H] Dragonmaw - 85 Undead Priest - Healing made Easy Holy MS [PvE] / Disc OS [PvP] 3824 resil

Quote Originally Posted by Gorefiend
    HUMAN.

Being able to find another rogue before they find you is arguably the most valuable racial to a rogue.
    Nelf's improved stealth negates that, as well as letting you often get an opener on your opponent.

@ Dkt, no, it's Mace and Sword.

Based on racials I will have to say human... If that doesnt bother you then just pick the race you think looks best...

If you are comparing only a NE vs a gnome, then imo go NE. I made a gnome way back when and it has served me well (noggenfogger + tiny gnome is fun => but same can be accomplished for anyone with enough pygmy oils and noggenfogger). It seems the escape artist does not break as many snares as it used to be able to. Plus the extra "vanish" you can use with shadowmeld is pretty nice if you can get the timing right. Plus the increase to dodge helps at least early on.

On the other hand, if you are open to suggestions, roll a human. As others have posted, perception and especially the extra trinket are amazing. Plus with leveling you get sword/mace racial which helps either of those two builds. The boa swords can work well with this as well.

Go for the looks ! Female Human or anything that isnt a male night elf.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by yor7
    Go for the looks ! Female Human or anything that isnt a male night elf.
    Indeed, female human is the shiz!

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Thanks for all the suggestion. I am highly considering going for a human now.

Blood elf! :<

I'd say night elf->human->gnome

Really, finding night elves is a PAIN in arena. Humans finding you is almost as much of a pain.

op alliance.. >

Go human.

This is coming from an undead Rogue with 4 1/2 years of experience. Perception is overpowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

GNOAM!!!!
    CAKE

If your really not gonna play undead... then I'd say go FEMALE Night Elf.

They have increased stealth which is = to perception. And on top of that have that 1% chance to miss n special attacks. So even those pvp hit capped rogues will randomly miss there opening cs and /facepalm

Not to mention I'd rather have Shadowmeld over another random trinket. Shadowmeld = vanish, in that you can Shadowmeld deathcoil. or chaos bolt. So potentially you can negate 30k worth of dmg from a destro lock

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak
    Indeed, female human is the shiz!
    I concur
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Female dwarf! =O
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

As has been suggested, roll a Human.

You have two PvE trinkets you wanna use? A Human wouldn't see a problem in this, cause there's no mandatory PvP trinket for them.

You're fighting a Human Rogue, and you always lose the opener? Should've rolled Human for at least a chance to get the opener.

You still need 3k rep till exalted with <faction with item you desire>? Should've rolled Human for Diplomacy.

Enemy dodges and/or parries some of your attacks when you're combat? Respec 41/5/25! After you've rolled Human for sheer awesomeness.

Gaining Health extremely slow? Should've rolled Human for The Human Spirit! (This one turns the tides of battles!)

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

ive played a human rogue since perception was a 3m CD, and i can tell you for highest burst/best chance of getting an opener, roll human, if pvp isnt your cuppa tea and you wanna pve as a rogue(i do it too :O) then roll out whatever you like cosmetic wise....

BUT

NEVER ---- EVER ------------------- EVER
    v v v human - utility, night elf - less utility more cosmetics, dwarf - wtf?, gnome - fail
    make a gnome, people(me) pee on you

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggers

Not to mention I'd rather have Shadowmeld over another random trinket. Shadowmeld = vanish, in that you can Shadowmeld deathcoil. or chaos bolt. So potentially you can negate 30k worth of dmg from a destro lock
    THIS

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spurlij
    Female dwarf! =O
    This. It'll make you feel unique.