Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Druid Forms - Reflecting Gear Too Much Too Ask?

I really don't understand the OPs question.
    When I'm in a city I'm in caster.
    When I raid I'm in tree and I could care less about how cool I look casting heals.

I am excited about the new colors. Whee!

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx
    You have the ability to shift into different forms to look different. Aquatic, Travel, Cat, Bear, Chicken and Bird.

Quit bitching and go two shot everyone in cat form.
    Different from what? Your character? Yeah, sure. Different from every other druid? No.

The heart of the matter is that in all likely hood your character will appear different as compared to another character of the same class/race. Usually the only time you have one who looks the exact same is when two BiS geared characters exist, which is much more rare than two druids of any level/race/class/gear. I want my druid to reflect my armor (accomplishments).

I was hoping the armor pieces on cats and bears. Sadly didn't get them but I still am grateful that they managed to design decent new models 8)

I enjoy my druid NOT showing gear in forms and I hope, they will never add that functionality.
    You still have enough opportunity to pose in caster form.

Stop. Just stop.
    Seriously. Enough now.

15+ Year Old Account

The best argument: "Is it too much to ask..."

What if they like tattood your average i-lvl as a number on your back? Preferably with 2 decimal precision. :
    If you say 'plz' because it's shorter then 'please', i will say 'no' because it's shorter then 'yes'.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xerganor
    I enjoy my druid NOT showing gear in forms and I hope, they will never add that functionality.
    You still have enough opportunity to pose in caster form.
    They will add that functionality if you follow what blues post, just not until after tree/moonkin get new forms and after they made a plan for how to do it and most likely it will go by iLvl. Though don't expect it to be soon since its not a priority

They are working on armor-displaying druid forms.

[/thread]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by djg9205
    lol "human form"

Quote Originally Posted by Droodsome
    What if they like tattood your average i-lvl as a number on your back? Preferably with 2 decimal precision. :
    ROFL.

I can see a stripe down the back of my bear with 213.34 (meh whatever) on it.

I want to customize how my warlock pets look
    I want to customize how my shadowform looks
    I want to customize how my cloak of shadows makes me look
    I want to customize how my metamorph looks
    I want to customize how my (insert class spell here) looks

Quote Originally Posted by Ufalah

My question is this: Is it too much to ask for the forms to reflect the users gear in some way?
    Yes.

personaly i like looking like the other druids and il tell u why. Some noob walks u looks are u and is like I can kill druids! he trys to attack u and u wtf pwn him...yeah u had good geer and now u got another kill! lol

not to mention poeple now day sortof make their hair match their geer like me my hairs green cus i got all bright green geer so when new parch comes out im a dark green and black kitty/bear lol

another worthless thread to read as being a druid for 4 years. Face with it shapeshift is the best thing ever in wow why you try to look like: With s5 you are brown, with s6: you are dark brown, with s7 you are black you want this? Omg no need ty bb
    To be a king, first one should be a man!

suwâyyah Eu Darksorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Snowulf
    Are warlock pets unique from player to player? No.
    Does your unique armor and weapon show through Shadowform? Yes.
    No you don't. Stop trolling.
    Sure you do.
    The fact remains that a bear at level 10 will look the same as a bear in full 8.5 (and everything in between) provided they have the same hair color. Same holds true for cats. Hell, there isn't even a difference between Bear Form and Dire Bear form. Seeing the same old form day in and day out gets tiresome. Other classes see the changes in their toon when a new piece of gear is acquired.

New skins are a nice and rather large step in the right direction. But being able to see upgrades in form would be best. I'm not suggesting to have our shoulders, boots, etc. appear as part of our form like I think some of you seem to think we want - just something to show some distinction between differently geard players.

I'm a druid yet I don't want to see armor on my forms, its totally un-WoW Druid like, we shapeshift in to animals, IRL can you see if a Lion has fought 100 Hyenas or a Puma?
    No because in nature there are only some differences between animals of the same specie, fur color and size perhaps some facial expressions, customize that and I'm OK but show gear, no thank you.

Not a Druid but a ripped tattered incredible hulk look (also see undead) look would be kinda neat.
    <Insert flashy sig showing gear I don't have here>

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kael%27thas&n=Arthastewart

Quote Originally Posted by Jathro
    Are warlock pets unique from player to player? No.
    Does your unique armor and weapon show through Shadowform? Yes.
    No you don't. Stop trolling.
    Sure you do.
    The fact remains that a bear at level 10 will look the same as a bear in full 8.5 (and everything in between) provided they have the same hair color. Same holds true for cats. Hell, there isn't even a difference between Bear Form and Dire Bear form. Seeing the same old form day in and day out gets tiresome. Other classes see the changes in their toon when a new piece of gear is acquired.

New skins are a nice and rather large step in the right direction. But being able to see upgrades in form would be best. I'm not suggesting to have our shoulders, boots, etc. appear as part of our form like I think some of you seem to think we want - just something to show some distinction between differently geard players.
    This is unrealistic in every capacity: Technically, feasibly, reasonably, subjectively (different players like different stuff), chromatically (because people need to bitch about the color of their equipment more, AMIRITE?), temporally (it takes time away from other shit that's actually useful and interesting)...

My point is, there's absolutely NO reason to do so. The new skins are plenty, and you should thank your lucky stars you are getting that after 5 years.

first of all i am sick of all retarded quotes like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowulf

Quote Originally Posted by pomterri
    another worthless thread to read as being a druid for 4 years. Face with it shapeshift is the best thing ever in wow why you try to look like: With s5 you are brown, with s6: you are dark brown, with s7 you are black you want this? Omg no need ty bb

i agree with u..we should see at least a minor diference between lvls if not gear..
    Lightwell! It's gewd!