destro lock + holy paladin

I have a 2vs2 team with my friend a holy paladin, most of our fights take longer then 15 mins because we always face the same setup (dps+healer) last time we had 2 45 mins fight in a row, one where we did over a total of 1.1 million damage.
    We win most of the time but i'm wondering if there is anything that might shorten those games, cause it's really annoying to get 10 games done that take 3 hours

I don't have a plan on wich target to kill first, healer or dps, i usually kill the healer first but sometimes it's just impossible and then i have to kill the dps first, but then in some other cases that just don't work.

Re: destro lock + holy paladin

have ur pally friend go prot. More stuns, more slows. That should help u nuke people since they can't get away as much
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

would that increase our chance of winning and shorten the duration, or just shorten the duration?

This shield can crit for 6k (probably with wrath up, not sure) so my druid healer tells me and the silence of course + stun. It will increase your chane of winning of that I'm sure.

Very few healers can add that kind of burst with a single instant CD and adds nicely to the insane burst of a destro lock. Just try, if you are unlucky with crits, try again when the CD is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuffelbert
    This shield can crit for 6k (probably with wrath up, not sure) so my druid healer tells me and the silence of course + stun. It will increase your chane of winning of that I'm sure.
    ^ i was doing skirms with a prot pally friend of mines and he would keep their healer locked down, slowed and stun and I could always get a kill. Their 20 sec CD on hammer of justice just PWNS with Shadow fury.... Thats like a 7-8 second stun right there.... Just use it at the right time
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

having a prot pally would most certainly shorten your games, but there is no telling how it will effect your winnings. that all depends on who you face in the arena. teams that arnt burtsy, and teams without interupts tend to lose, while ones that do/are tend to win more often. this being because the pallies lose thier valuable instant cast heal.

overall i would say prot was worth a try for your buddy. some nice stuns here and there would also be useful for keeping your target still. i know when im against a lock. I move around a pillar whenever i can.

hope this helps
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Well if you want fast games, your paladin friend should go ret instead.
    That's a really good setup when u get a good grip of it.

not sure if prot spec would help, but paladin healer+ DPS is most of the times slow games. I would never play with a healing paladind in 2v2. like prot paladin and DK most be the most boring setup on decent rating.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Tixwi

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Mnem%C3%AEc

I play as Destro 'lock with my holy pala bro, Any dps with mana i just mana drain full down unless facing a healer priest as there mana burn and shad fiend just get you or your healer down faster. Once the dps has no mana you can just nuke the healer without any probs. That way seems too make it quite fast, or just mana drain the healer and nuke the dps. But as destro the bestv way is too just full nuke as much as you can and get the pala the attack the healer so they have too use more mana and bigger heals. Works well for us....Hope it helped
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

use your succubus on the healer 2x seduce while you nuke their dps will force a trinket your prot/holy pally stuns the healer for good measure followed by a 3 second silence and you can throw a 9 second fear onto all that and most likely kill the dps. lets do some quick numbers.

9 second seduce trinketed after 5 seconds of your roflstomping his partner 3 second seduce after first one breaks. so far your at 8 seconds of 2v1 ok seduce breaks pally silence for three more. 11 seconds of locked out. pally stuns 17 seconds of 2v1. you throw a fear and the healer will be locked out for over 23 seconds. in twenty three seconds you can cast stun immolate chaos bolt conflag fear fear again cause of trinket incinerate chaos bolt conflag again. last time i checked with / crits on those attacks thats around 25 k damage and im sure theres more time to spare.
    nerfs tickle at best
    people who reroll or quit due to nerfs are sissys

Quote Originally Posted by kainron
    use your succubus on the healer 2x seduce while you nuke their dps will force a trinket your prot/holy pally stuns the healer for good measure followed by a 3 second silence and you can throw a 9 second fear onto all that and most likely kill the dps. lets do some quick numbers.

9 second seduce trinketed after 5 seconds of your roflstomping his partner 3 second seduce after first one breaks. so far your at 8 seconds of 2v1 ok seduce breaks pally silence for three more. 11 seconds of locked out. pally stuns 17 seconds of 2v1. you throw a fear and the healer will be locked out for over 23 seconds. in twenty three seconds you can cast stun immolate chaos bolt conflag fear fear again cause of trinket incinerate chaos bolt conflag again. last time i checked with / crits on those attacks thats around 25 k damage and im sure theres more time to spare.
    a dps with an interrupt is such a ridiculous counter to this strat.

dps on succy, succy dies. dps on lock? dps tab interupt tab no more seduce

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by kainron

Fear and seduce share diminishing returns. Fear someone 9 seconds after your second seduce would be a 1.5-2 second fear.

That sequence of attacks that you think a warlock can do is so wrong I won't even try and correct it. Hint: conflagrate and chaos bolt have cooldowns

sinder you know the succubus is only for initial when it dies summon a void to play more defensive.

didnt know fear and seduce shared a cooldown no matter your proly should be able to lock down the healer long enough for the diminishing returns comes off. notice i left deathcoil to be for the locks kill target? only thing a destro lock has trouble taking down is rogues.
    nerfs tickle at best
    people who reroll or quit due to nerfs are sissys

Okay thanks guys, we will go retri because he's healer for raids and retri for quests and such.
    He will keep the healer busy while i go 1vs1 on the other player, i can manage vs anyone, rogues, warriors, deathknights, 1 on 1 i win 95% of the times

Quote Originally Posted by svstoned
    1 on 1 i win 95% of the times
    Shame its a 2v2

Quote Originally Posted by Jubite
    Shame its a 2v2
    Not necessarily, it can be 2x 1vs1

Quote Originally Posted by svstoned
    Not necessarily, it can be 2x 1vs1
    Only if the opposing team is really bad. If a dps/healer team lets a 2 dps team split the game into two 1v1 fights, they failed.

All it takes is a few heals for a warlock to lose in a fight with another dps class. It's almost impossible to lock a healer out for an entire game to the point that they'd never get a single heal off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordin
    Only if the opposing team is really bad. If a dps/healer team lets a 2 dps team split the game into two 1v1 fights, they failed.

All it takes is a few heals for a warlock to lose in a fight with another dps class. It's almost impossible to lock a healer out for an entire game to the point that they'd never get a single heal off.
    Just did 10 games, won 6 in a row (d/c on one game) and my keyboard got stuck on another game and we wtfpwned that team 3 times allready.
    He goes on healer i go on dps, if healer is to hardcore and heals to dps while i'm wasting my mana and time on the dps i just blow all my cooldowns on the healer.
    And if the healer isn't hardcore enough i just own the other guy 1vs1