Thread: U25 hard modes

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

U25 hard modes

My guild has downed Yogg and has a few of the 10 man hard modes and are starting 25 man hard modes. Can anyone with some experience with a few of them give a rough idea of what they found easy or hard and why and where they think is a good place to start. 25 man hard modes only please, not 10 man. Experienced peoples views not what you "think" is the easiest/hardest

Re: U25 hard modes

Depends on your guild really. If you have very high DPS than Ignis/Hodir hardmodes will be easy for you. Otherwise think something like Auriya/Kologarn (Technically not hardmodes but they do count for the drake).

Start with:
    -Hodir
    -Flame leviathan
    -XT

all of them are same as in 10man and since FL is nerfed into ground and Hodir and XT is just little bit coordinate but basicly they are a dps races.

after those 3 would be Thorim or Iron council, both of them are dps races with huge amount of healing and better coordinate and you will need working tactics for them.

Then would come Vezax since it will need 100% succes from raid and raid setup is highly important on that fight.

-------

After those there would be Freya,mimiron,yogg left but I guess those will take atleast few week

-------

Edit: all of mine hardmode are encounter which will give you 239 loot from hardmode

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

we have ignis, kologran achievements already. Looking at Hodir/thorim/Freya/Decon/mimiron/council really

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Leipäkone
    Start with:
    -Hodir
    -Flame leviathan
    -XT
    Thanx, we've done XT 10 man and was a breeze so will have a go at it on our way thru this week. Hodir seems ok to

The dps requirement for XT-Hard on 25man is significantly tougher to reach than 10man, not that you didn't already know that most likely.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

I havent done 4 towers on 25man, only 10, but uh yea....you've got to kill the adds.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

FL, Hodir, XT, Thorim are all doable fairly early on.

Steelbreaker too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis
    I got a question for you, since u seem good at this.

my guild is going for rusted proto drake atm. We have done a few but going for knockx3 on wood 2morrow.

To the point.

Flame levi with 4 towers? Got any great tips on that one? Do we have to kill the adds?
    Never even tried 4 towers so.. If you could give me some tips it would be awesome=) ty
    FL Hard Mode for 10man is quite easy. Yes the adds need to be killed as soon as they spawn, everyone should focus on this, because if they are alive for to long, they will kill peoples vehicles or just do alot of unnessesary damage. Your Demo's should ALWAYS been keeping that 10stack of pyrite up, you should have one demo Dedicated to doing this while the other one focuses on rotating casters to FL to Overload, but the second demo should always be keeping the pyrite stacked also. If a Demo is getting chased, they should call for a speed up from the passanger and be ahead of FL to quickly spin around and shoot one Pyrite to keep the stack rolling.

My guild have one Seige tank focus on interupting Flame Vent and one focusing on steam rushing adds and killing them.

We also only use one bike for the boss as its all that is needed, as every other person should have a job in the other vehicles.

Okey so 10man FL:

Demolisher drivers needs to keep 10 stack of pyrite up ofc they might sometimes fall off but it wont destroy the day and their passangers needs to grab pyrite and jump into top of FL quite often.

Bikes job is mostly putting tar in front of boss so he will be slowed and as second job they should grab demo jumpers and grind them back (tbh they have enough time to run by themself).

Siege engine drivers main thing is to interup Flame veints cast and their passangers main thing is to KILL all adds from the area and second mission is to drop down pyrite for demolisher drivers.

-Always kill all adds
    -demos should keep distance when he switch target
    -pyrite stacks are 70-90% of all boss dmg so protect your demolisher
    -jumper, after FL towers are dead jump off from there (there is a button in blizzard normal UI or then use a macro for it) so you wont be thrown into air which will take more time.
    -try to decress raid dmg by avoiding all kind of shit (thorim hammer,mimiron inferno,and hodirs icetomb)

Edit:
    There is a small note list for that fight, sorry about my english grammar 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter
    My guild has downed Yogg and has a few of the 10 man hard modes and are starting 25 man hard modes. Can anyone with some experience with a few of them give a rough idea of what they found easy or hard and why and where they think is a good place to start. 25 man hard modes only please, not 10 man. Experienced peoples views not what you "think" is the easiest/hardest
    My guild is in the same situation. We recently started doing heroic hard modes: so far did Orbit-uary (by far the easiest now that it's nerfed) and heartbreaker, which took a couple nights. Deconstructor hard mode is quite tougher than the 10 man version in terms of gear requirement; expect a long and tiring battle.

A trick for FL: start the fight with two demolishers carrying 3 passengers: one driver, one ranged DPS loaded, and one ranged DPS as gunner. As soon the fight starts shoot the guy loaded; the gunner then loads pyrite as normal. When FL overloads, the bike gets the first DPS and gets him next to the demolisher, and as soon the boss starts moving the gunner (DPS 2) loads himself and is launched; this frees his position for DPS 1, who does his work as gunner until it's his turn to be launched again. This way all the demolishers always have a gunner loading pyrite.

(This of course means you can't use all the vehicles. We do it with just 3 bikes, other option would be to not use a tank)
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

easy : flame leviathan, XT , hodir, thorim, mimiron, vezax, 1 light, council
    hard : freya
    retarded : algalon ( cause of timer )

Quote Originally Posted by dakhdoun

No. BEFORE the boss starts moving you do this. As soon as the boss starts moving, anybody NOT in a vehicle is dead in a grand total of one second.
    Maybe if the ranged DPS runs, not if he's carried by one bike. We do as I described and nobody dies because of that.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

Quote Originally Posted by javice
    easy : flame leviathan, XT , hodir, thorim, mimiron, vezax, 1 light, council
    hard : freya
    retarded : algalon ( cause of timer )
    Mirmiron easy?!!! not easy in 10 and definetly not easy in 25!

Freya 25 hm is quite dificult, strugling with it atm...
    also yogg 1 light can be quite challeging...

Algalon is hard because of timer, tactic is simple. At least in 10 man.

Flame Leviathan, XT, Hodir and Iron Council are the first ones you should aim for.

Quote Originally Posted by psyched
    Mirmiron easy?!!! not easy in 10 and definetly not easy in 25!

Freya 25 hm is quite dificult, strugling with it atm...
    also yogg 1 light can be quite challeging...

Algalon is hard because of timer, tactic is simple. At least in 10 man.

mimiron is nerfed to much, we did immortal 10man FF last week, and in 25 man it was down in 2-3 pulls , freya is the hardest hm atm (besides alone in the darkness) cause it isnt nerfed yet, took us 2-3 hours this week

1light can be annoying though, way to much rng, remove the rng and its pretty easy

I find it hard to believe that a guild that would take someone who types like you do would kill even the nerfed 25 man Mimiron hard mode in "2-3 pulls".