Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Dungeons that = Fail

    Just a threat to discuss dungeons you hate...I'm sure it's been done before, but I'm doing it again because I feel like it. I got thinking about this because I was just trying to solo Zul'Gurub; something that shouldn't be hard, especially since I've done at least parts of it before. But, well...

    1. The Tiger Mount boss (Too lazy to look up the name) was ridicules...I was silenced most of the time, the healer healed almost to full while I was silenced, and they glitched when they got to 1 health. I fought for about 12 minutes before just saying 'screw it' and calling in a friend.
    2. While I was fighting him, exactly where I should be, not moving at all...Hakkar reset SIX TIMES in a row. Yes, 6 times.

  2. #2

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    What class are you?

    If you are any type of pet class and the pet is attacking hakkar he will MC you. When he MCs you he will reset since he won't have a valid player target.

  3. #3

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    I'm a Paladin...no reason for him to reset, other than being an ass.

  4. #4

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    1. The Tiger Mount boss (Too lazy to look up the name) was ridicules...I was silenced most of the time, the healer healed almost to full while I was silenced, and they glitched when they got to 1 health. I fought for about 12 minutes before just saying 'screw it' and calling in a friend.
    These mobs are supposed to self-resurrect if all 3 of them aren't killed simultaneously.
    About the silence: the instance was intended for a 20 player raid.

  5. #5

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster
    These mobs are supposed to self-resurrect if all 3 of them aren't killed simultaneously.
    About the silence: the instance was intended for a 25 player raid.
    20 man actually.

    Either way, you can't really run into a level 60 raid instance and solo the bosses and expect everything to go swimmingly. They had actual strats and sometimes you still have to oblige to them if you want to kill them, even at 80.

  6. #6

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    2. While I was fighting him, exactly where I should be, not moving at all...Hakkar reset SIX TIMES in a row. Yes, 6 times.
    did you have the poison from one of the son of hakkar? because if you didnt he was healing himself
    http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...n101/Zival.jpg
    Your signature is in violation of the signature guidelines, and has been corrected.

  7. #7

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    I know about the mechanic for rezzing, but the post is about things you don't like about them...and I don't like it =P
    My biggest problem was probably when they got to 1 health, bugged, then rezzed...this was after 12 minutes, mind you.

    I like Oculus on Normal...it's not absolutely terrible after the first time on Heroic, but I'd still rather go run around in circles on an alt.

    As for BM and Gnomer...yeaaahhhh...

    And he wasn't healing himself, he said his opening line and reset position.

  8. #8

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    oh if you didnt kill panther boss then
    High Priestess Arlokk(Panther Aspect) - 2 second gouge (aggro wipes the main tank)
    this resets hakkar
    http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...n101/Zival.jpg
    Your signature is in violation of the signature guidelines, and has been corrected.

  9. #9

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    ...no, I didn't, but I don't see how that would affect me while I was at Hakkar. If it does, than it was just kinda poor programming =P

    But he's reset other times, too. 4 times last time I did him with some others...not in a row, he usually waited until he was at 1/3 health.

  10. #10

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal
    20 man actually.

    Either way, you can't really run into a level 60 raid instance and solo the bosses and expect everything to go swimmingly. They had actual strats and sometimes you still have to oblige to them if you want to kill them, even at 80.
    Absolutely right, edited.

    Your point is exactly what I meant, although put a little more explicitely.

    Saying that you don't like the instance because of this is a little strange, tbh.

    Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    ...no, I didn't, but I don't see how that would affect me while I was at Hakkar. If it does, than it was just kinda poor programming =P
    I'm gonna guess that back in vanilla, the programmers didn't think of A) the panther boss being alive and B) only 1 player being in combat with Hakkar.
    You're doing ZG in a way that was never intended the 4 or so years ago that it was created, it's to be expected that it can be annoying or plain 'buggy' at places. This isn't poor programming, it's just you going out of your way to bug the crap out of stuff. :P

  11. #11

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    -High Priestess Jeklik(Bat Aspect) - 1200-2000 AoE damage + 8s silence.
    -High Priest Venoxis(Snake Aspect) - 800 damage poison to the raid.
    -High Priestess Mar'li(Spider Aspect) - 6 second stun against current aggro holder.
    -High Priest Thekal(Tiger Aspect) - Frenzy, increasing attack speed by 150%.
    -High Priestess Arlokk(Panther Aspect) - 2 second gouge (aggro wipes the main tank)

    he gets all these buffs if you dont kill the high priest/priestess in ZG
    http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...n101/Zival.jpg
    Your signature is in violation of the signature guidelines, and has been corrected.

  12. #12

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Picklesrtasty
    4. BM, good idea, terrible execution, clearing trash and bad wave timing make it more of a chore than fun, on the plus side, until WOTLK, it was unique
    I disagree.

    Paladin tank + mount + crusader aura + charging through the whole instance while 3 aoe and the healer wait at the entrance = FUN
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

  13. #13

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    ...no, I didn't, but I don't see how that would affect me while I was at Hakkar. If it does, than it was just kinda poor programming =P

    But he's reset other times, too. 4 times last time I did him with some others...not in a row, he usually waited until he was at 1/3 health.
    Its not that if you dont kill her she casts it, its like sarth. if you leave up the other bosses he gains power. if you leave up the panther hakkar will wipe your threat and reset.

    And as for the tiger you need to kill them all at once in case you didnt know


    Basically: read strats. even for old instances. if you've never done the fight or had it explained, learning is your best weapon.

  14. #14

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    Well, he's still reset after I've killed the other bosses. Though that's useful to know =P Thanks...but I still hate it! =D

  15. #15

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    Dear post-creator,
    hakkar has a mindcontrol ability, regardless of other bosses beiing up. so if you are the only player, you are the only player to be mind-controlled. this happening, hakkar has no valid targets for him to attack and therefore resets. try it with a friend.
    good look

  16. #16
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Donetsk, Ukraine
    Posts
    91

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    ...While I was fighting him, exactly where I should be, not moving at all...Hakkar reset SIX TIMES in a row. Yes, 6 times.

    Oh fu ck... ..made my day
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.*
    To make the quest feel more epic.

  17. #17

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeefilter
    Dear post-creator,
    hakkar has a mindcontrol ability, regardless of other bosses beiing up. so if you are the only player, you are the only player to be mind-controlled. this happening, hakkar has no valid targets for him to attack and therefore resets. try it with a friend.
    good look
    as long as your alone he wont MC you(if you have pets he will)
    http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...n101/Zival.jpg
    Your signature is in violation of the signature guidelines, and has been corrected.

  18. #18

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal
    20 man actually.

    Either way, you can't really run into a level 60 raid instance and solo the bosses and expect everything to go swimmingly. They had actual strats and sometimes you still have to oblige to them if you want to kill them, even at 80.
    Actually, I can solo every boss in ZG, except jin'do because of his MC totems, without dieing 1 time. Its very easy to do. Not all classes can solo lvl 60 raids though. Me being a DK I have a very high advantage that most other classes don't have. As for the strat part the only boss I have to worry about strats for is the tiger boss and the bat boss, and only because I have to interrupt their heals and the tiger boss they all have to die at the same time.

  19. #19

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal
    They had actual strats and sometimes you still have to oblige to them if you want to kill them, even at 80.

    When the strats still apply to players 20 levels later you know Blizz made the fight correctly. :P



    As to the original topic, this isn't really a Fail Dungeon experience but a "Dungeon being ran by a Fail which almost makes you think the dungeon is fail" experience.


    Ran AQ40 a month or so ago on my Warrior with a raid of about 25-30 people, everything was going fine until Twin Emps... the raid leader insisted on having the bosses run across the room to their original position after the teleport. Raid disbanded after a few attempts the way the raid leader insisted on doing the fight and after he left we reformed with 15 people and killed him the first attempt.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

  20. #20

    Re: Dungeons that = Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Picklesrtasty

    2. Any tank and spank boss after level 60, seriously they are boring as hell, I don't care if it's a 5 man, dungeons like Arc, Shadow Labs and MgT were full of interesting 5 man bosses, use those for inspiration, no plus side
    Amen! I *LOVE* Slabs, MgT and Arc.. I rolled 2 alts over the past months and spent days looking for people to run slabs at lvl and no one wants to bother. One of my favorites. In horoic it wasn't a zerg fest and it required people to know fights and use some strategy & placement. Not to mention murmur was insanely huge and felt like a boss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •