Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Dungeons that = Fail

Quote Originally Posted by Dauraane
    Actually, I can solo every boss in ZG, except jin'do because of his MC totems, without dieing 1 time. Its very easy to do. Not all classes can solo lvl 60 raids though. Me being a DK I have a very high advantage that most other classes don't have. As for the strat part the only boss I have to worry about strats for is the tiger boss and the bat boss, and only because I have to interrupt their heals and the tiger boss they all have to die at the same time.
    I have to ask how you can interrupt their heals while silenced...as I was silenced literally about 70-80% of the Tiger boss fight. I soloed them before, but for the life of me I can't remember how...unless I was just incredibly lucky. As for the high advantage thing, I'm a prot Pally...isn't much I can't solo unless it's fights like that, where Blizzard never intended for it to be anything but a warrior tanking.

I would also like to again point out that my biggest problem with Zul'Gurub is that there are still 2 glitches that have yet to be accounted for.

1. Him reseting over and over again for no reason (The panther boss explains what happened to me, but not what happened the other times I've fought him with a group.)
    2. The damn tiger adds glitching at 1% after a 12 minute fight.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dauraane
    Actually, I can solo every boss in ZG, except jin'do because of his MC totems, without dieing 1 time. Its very easy to do. Not all classes can solo lvl 60 raids though. Me being a DK I have a very high advantage that most other classes don't have. As for the strat part the only boss I have to worry about strats for is the tiger boss and the bat boss, and only because I have to interrupt their heals and the tiger boss they all have to die at the same time.
    jindo is easy, just tank him in the pit with the skeletons, when he mcs he will wait for a brief sec then try to reset , you come out of mc about a sec before he tries, hit him quick and you will be fine, rinse and repeat
    Must stand in fire ............... Fire GOOD

15+ Year Old Account

i used to have a pvp spec (40sec HoJ) to do tiger boss. but ive also done it with pve spec. but as Belf i have arcane torrent, so i have a backup silence when needed.

i found it much easier and faster to just use pve spec/gear then pvp, same for Bloodlord.

and Hakkar is only soloable if you kill certain bosses. thought it was the spider boss that gives MC buff to hakkar.

Your thread title is FAR from what the thread has become.

Should have been named = ZG QQ.

Those encounter works perfectly , seems you've never read the tactics about them.

And Concerning the thread itself : The instance I dislike the most is Auchindoun Crypt.
    Why Not ^^

Occulus and Uldaman > . That is all.
    Sanctity, level 110 Blood elf protection Paladin of <Fallout> on Tarren Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    I would also like to again point out that my biggest problem with Zul'Gurub is that there are still 2 glitches that have yet to be accounted for.

1. Him reseting over and over again for no reason (The panther boss explains what happened to me, but not what happened the other times I've fought him with a group.)
    2. The damn tiger adds glitching at 1% after a 12 minute fight.
    These are not glitches. You'd think if they were, Blizzard would have found them in the years and years ZG has been out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Me and 4 people I work with decided to re-roll on a new server (to us anyway) and level to 80 going from instance to instance. You see all of us had solo-ed to 70 (at the time) and we'd never gotten to experience any of them.

The other interesting requirement is that we only had 1 hour at a time to do them. Lunch hour, you see, but that is beside the point. Some had to be done in sections as a result. We cleared almost all of them, the exceptions being BFD, BRD, WC (final boss after you kill the 4 wings), LBRS(more on that below), Strath and Scholo (we were getting anxious to move on to BC), and Dire Maul North (also more on that below).

So I have a fairly interesting perspective in that I've seen every hoarde-accessible instance side by side.

So for my Fail list, and some of you will strongly disagree:
    1. LBRS: We spent one day in that rat-maze and swore we'd never go there again.
    2. Zul'Farak: A lot of people love this instance, but that first walkway to the ring is like wading through quicksand. We did actually clear it, although not all at once.
    3. Dire Maul North: I hear the tribute run can be fun, but the rest of it just sucks.
    4. Black Fathom's Deep: Another forgettable slog.

Disclaimer: We did not attempt Gnomer, which was the only hoarde-accessible instance we skipped (We don't count Deadmines as accessible when you have to swim there). It's reputation and where it falls level-wise just made it not worth the effort.

We're doing Oculus right now, and I'm not particularly enjoying it, so it may make the list. If so, it will be the only dungeon since BC came out that I can honestly say that about. After Oculus we only have HoL to go to get both the BC and Northrend normal mode dungeon achievements.

Mara
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    that is a moment where even /headdesk does not quite cut it. i promptly proceeded to /bodywall.

or just /focus the healer & interrupt her when she casts Greater Heal (which takes 4 secs).
    ;p

5 Mans

Wrath = Occlus (I hate all mounted instances)
    TBC = Crypts (but really didn't mind it that much, but worst of a great group of 5 mans)
    Vanilla = Wailing Caverns or BFD... too damn confusing. Not a fan of Mara for the same reasons, but Princess is such a cool boss that she makes up for it.

Raids

Wrath = Maly (see Occulus)
    TBC = Hyjal (not a fan of "events")
    Vanilla = Know clue, hit 60 a few months b/4 TBC and never went beyond UBRS, but ZG bosses seem pretty boring compared to other bosses I have seen.

15+ Year Old Account

5-mans

Wrath - Occulus (The learning curve for people was just far too irritating to repeat it again)

BC - Sethekk Halls and Ikiss. I can't tell you how many stupid ass healers I had that got disoriented when he teleported you and did the Arcane Explosion. Had one priest who died whenever we did him. Every. Single. Time.

Vanilla - Uldaman. Boring as HELL. Although one mage made my jaw drop on a bat pull in there which caused me to create a mage of my own.

Raids

Wrath - Naxxramas. Sorry, but multiple wipes on Razuvious on both 10 and 25-man for 3 and four hours at a time have solidified my dislike.

BC - I loved them all. Excellently tuned bosses. I just wish I had managed to progress further than tier 4 >.>

Vanilla - Didn't raid much except for MC. Hated Ragnaros though. Don't ask why.

15+ Year Old Account

Mara and BRD....suck

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    ...no, I didn't, but I don't see how that would affect me while I was at Hakkar. If it does, than it was just kinda poor programming =P

But he's reset other times, too. 4 times last time I did him with some others...not in a row, he usually waited until he was at 1/3 health.
    You are just ignorant and dont know, nor did you read about the instance. So you = fail, not the gungeon.

Its "Learn to Play."

Not "the game should change for me."

PS you picture is realy bad, that hat is awful.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

15+ Year Old Account

Some true stinkers:

1. Sunken Temple. Confusing layout and unless you want that class-specific item, utterly useless.
    2. Mauradon/Underbog. I hate instances with all that flora, feels like an endless cave and the feeling you are missing something.
    3. Botanica: Long. Too much crappy trash. Long. Crappy Loot. Did I mention long?
    4. BRD: I know people wax poetic about this place, but it is immense (about the same scope as Kara?)and you have to treat it like a 2-day event instead of an instance, which is how it was designed, based on some of the quests.
    5. WC/BFC/RFK/RFD. Slow, confusing, quests from 12 different places with long chains.

Your mileage may vary.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

I don't know why people dislike Botanica, I used to run it in 30 minutes with a Prot Pally friend of mine and 3 random DPS, I healed as a Priest. It was really fun cause we farmed all these instances every night for a month before patch 2.4 to save badges for the ridiculous epics that came with it. If I can recall I had about 460 badges when 2.4 hit and my Pally friend had 520. Mechanar was a blast, 20 minutes of zerg and getting 4 Badges out of it, and BM was even funnier since it could go so fast.

I loved TBC heroics, except BF, I really, really hated that one.

So my vote goes for BF Heroic.

5 mans:
    WotLK: Ocu.
    Stupid drakes, trash is boring and all the bosses suck.

TBC: Any of the Auchindon instances... Didn't like the setting and most of em had some catch to it.
    SL was okay at first but the trash room for the second boss is just MEH and the second boss himself sucks as well (played a prot pally and he drained my mana faster than priests at the time).

Vanilla: BRD
    I was alliance and I raided: JAILBREAK!

Raids:
    Wrath: Malygos
    Drakes + the need for DKs most of the time

TBC: Mount Hyjal
    The concept was cool, except after wiping for ages on pre-nerf Kael and finally killing him, then taking the 20 people we had attuned and killed the first 3 bosses the same night (and had them drop better loot) made me just cry T_T
    Maggy gets a honorable mention for OMGFAILEDTOCLICKCUBEYOUDIE

Vanilla: MC and ZG
    TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH

I think that for anyone who played Vanilla, The word jailbreak will always make you cringe.

the dungeons that is fail (excuse my illiteracy) are the ones that are too far for one person to travel to.

also, any that are different from what people are used to.
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

BRD was fun if all 5 in the group stayed for a full run without Wipes.

But
    OS is just spank and tank.. Nothing fun there
    Warriors.. aRGH

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by velourea
    the dungeons that is fail (excuse my illiteracy) are the ones that are too far for one person to travel to.

also, any that are different from what people are used to.
    Idd, and when there was no meeting stone summons and u didnt have a lock ... The group was like " Ah lets go mara!" when youre deep inside the slag pot and killing dark iron dwarfs in SG ...

Also running around in strange circles looking for Lord Serpentis in WC, 2nd week u started playing was kinda frustrating ...