Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Unholy dps problems??? or is it just me?

First off I will start with this.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gath&n=Mongose

Ok now for the problem I think i'm having. I can spend forever on a Heroic training dummy and hit 3.3k dps all day but no more. I know that by not having the t8 4pc bonus set it is hindering the amount i will be able to do. But I think I should be able to do more then 3.3k. I know its not in my roto I have that down flawlessly. I also know its not because of my expertise rating Just because I have gemmed for it and actually lost dps about 100-150dps. So is 3.3k dps on a heroic training dummy good for my set up or bad? If its bad please let me know what I can do to improve it.

Re: Unholy dps problems??? or is it just me?

That's pretty good - you're wearing a lot of naxx gear. Also, you aren't getting necrosis damage or 100% accurate disease damage on the dummy.

There's a huge difference between raid buffed damage and a dummy.

Yeah, Elektrik pretty much said it all, i have 4 piece T8 yet I tried out Unholy, Frost, and Blood on target dummies, frost did the most. Yet when im in a raid Unholy seems to scale much nicer than other specs so i put out a lot more dps.

From my Experience and quite a few others I've spoken with.

Testing DPS on Dummies is inaccurate.

Gem all +16str and forget about the bonus'

That should help you out a little. Yea, what the people above me have said, target dummy's are for working on rotations, not testing dps. I've found that if I can do 3k on a dummy, I can do 5k in a 25man raid with full buffs and debuffs.