We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: Need shadow/disc priest help

    Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    No, I don't read walls of texts of angry nerds who can be bothered to spend 30 minutes to type this but can't be arsed to check a few links. Go figure.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA oh man, the irony there is awesome.

    So instead of giving a short response you support LINKING walls of text, but won't read them? If you actually read what I said you'd know why you're a prick. Good work, moron.

  2. #22

    Re: Need shadow/disc priest help

    Kinda hurts when you find out on internet you're dumb, right? Enjoy your new discovery and try to draw a conclusion out of it. I won't bother to insult you, you've done enough yourself.

  3. #23

    Re: Need shadow/disc priest help

    Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Kinda hurts when you find out on internet you're dumb, right? Enjoy your new discovery and try to draw a conclusion out of it. I won't bother to insult you, you've done enough yourself.
    Oh you mean the part where I found out I was right about everything and you were useless and too lazy to read the statements proving it? Yea, that was real hard for me. Kind of like how it's hard to watch someone skateboarding fall and mess up their face. I had to watch you do that... ouch.

    I like how you OPENLY ADMITTED you haven't even read what I've said, and yet you try to claim I'm dumb. Pure genius.

  4. #24

    Re: Need shadow/disc priest help

    Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    HAHAHAHAHAHA oh man, the irony there is awesome.

    So instead of giving a short response you support LINKING walls of text, but won't read them? If you actually read what I said you'd know why you're a prick. Good work, moron.
    While Syanids approuch is wrong, he is right.
    Basically, you use analogies and situations that don't really fit yours to try and justify being lazy. The fact is, you'd rather click a link to your thread to read walls of text of arguements rather than move your mouse up a few inches, click a DIFFERENT link and read the INFORMATION posted there to evaluate it yourself.

    And you state "If I don't want the basics and a whole lot more, or to spend 30 minutes WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO. "
    Why should someone else do the leg work for you? Its not about asking for help. Its asking for a hand-out. They are different things. After looking at the page for less than 30 minutes (cause seriously, if it takes you 30 minutes to skim something you already know, thats sad) so its more like 5-10 minutes TOPS. You evaluated that you knew what you were doing, had your gear right and rotation right. 5-10 minutes of work. Not an hour, not 30 minutes. FIVE.

    Thread is done. You got your info and now you're just here to flame.

  5. #25

    Re: Need shadow/disc priest help

    I have no intention of reading 1000 words of text of some angry kid from internet who is lazy to read useful info posted from other links.

  6. #26

    Re: Need shadow/disc priest help

    Quote Originally Posted by Firegod1385
    While Syanids approuch is wrong, he is right.
    Basically, you use analogies and situations that don't really fit yours to try and justify being lazy. The fact is, you'd rather click a link to your thread to read walls of text of arguements rather than move your mouse up a few inches, click a DIFFERENT link and read the INFORMATION posted there to evaluate it yourself.

    And you state "If I don't want the basics and a whole lot more, or to spend 30 minutes WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO. "
    Why should someone else do the leg work for you? Its not about asking for help. Its asking for a hand-out. They are different things. After looking at the page for less than 30 minutes (cause seriously, if it takes you 30 minutes to skim something you already know, thats sad) so its more like 5-10 minutes TOPS. You evaluated that you knew what you were doing, had your gear right and rotation right. 5-10 minutes of work. Not an hour, not 30 minutes. FIVE.

    Thread is done. You got your info and now you're just here to flame.
    Because other people already KNOW the information, moron.

    Anyone here who is a shadow priest should know the rotation off the top of their head. Most could give the stat priority off the top of their head too.

    My main is a pally, if someone had posted this thread in the paladin forums I could've answered pretty quickly.

    Go back and look at my other post. Look at the MASSIVE wall of text and compare it to the information I needed. I put them both in one post, it's pretty easy to see that the wall of text is 25 times bigger than necessary.

    Okay, so now you're down to 5 minutes for what could've been answered in 30 seconds. Congrats the ever shrinking number is now down to only 6 times longer than necessary. Woo.

    Furthermore, I was going to have follow up questions that won't necessarily have already been answered. Note how the title says shadow/DISC priest help. I was going to ask questions about optimally gearing up for both at the same time as well as a few other questions. But once I found out that you guys are all worthless jerkoffs that would rather spend time being jerks than spending the same (or less) time answering the questions I've realized I might as well just go off my intuition.

    My analogies are quite accurate if you can actually understand the situation. Apparently you can't. Here, let me help in the spirit of this forum:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy

    I could explain how you're wrong in a smaller way, BUT DO YOUR OWN LEG WORK!

    Syanid: once again, if you aren't going to bother reading why you're wrong. Stop posting that you won't bother reading it. We get it. You don't want to admit you're wrong or face the facts. Good for you.

  7. #27

    Re: Need shadow/disc priest help

    Awesome example of impatience. And decent entertainment.

    Shadowpriest.com have made it so insanely easy to get the information you need, but I guess for some people being spoonfeed is just too much of a hassle. I mean come on, you have to waste all that energy chewing! It's insane.

    No one in here have any obligation to help you, but they did when they showed you some links. They could also just have ignored you instead. Be thankfull for the help you got.

  8. #28

    Re: Need shadow/disc priest help

    Quote Originally Posted by Isita
    Awesome example of impatience. And decent entertainment.

    Shadowpriest.com have made it so insanely easy to get the information you need, but I guess for some people being spoonfeed is just too much of a hassle. I mean come on, you have to waste all that energy chewing! It's insane.

    No one in here have any obligation to help you, but they did when they showed you some links. They could also just have ignored you instead. Be thankfull for the help you got.
    Go to the first page. Look at the GIANT WALL OF TEXT that was the posts that had the information I needed. Look right above that at the few lines that had ALL the information I needed. Note that the wall of text is about 100x longer. Then note that the wall of text also ignores having to look through all the posts on shadowpriest to GET that wall of text. All that for information that would take THIRTY SECONDS to post and everyone here already knew. In the same amount of time it took to make those posts they could've just answered the questions.

    Be thankful for the help I got? You mean none? Well. zero thanks for zero help, I suppose that's fair.

    No, they don't have an obligation to help me, but there's also no reason to come in and be useless when it's just as easy to be useful.

    LOOK AT THE WALL OF TEXT ON THE FIRST PAGE. Seriously, it's not hard to see the difference between what was needed and what was given.

    It seems to be the consensus here that everyone must do tons of reading. It's just plain unneeded. There is no reason at all to have to read through entire webpages for something that can be summarized in a matter of 5 lines.

  9. #29

    Re: Need shadow/disc priest help

    Lol, all you've done is flame people for giving you the tools to answer your question. 30 seconds would imply that someone was on the forums, clicking your link the precise moment you posted it and that particular person had the exact info you wanted. However, that magic 5 minutes is exactly how long it took someone to respond.

    So your time evaluation failed.

    But when you ask the BASIC question, you're going to get a crappy answer. You yourself said you already knew it. So you basically asked a question you didn't need to. If you want to ask "In depth" questions that are specific to your characters gear selection, then you need to specify thats what you want. From what I've read, people answer THOSE questions. But if someone cannot be expected to take the 5 minutes to look for the basics, why would anyone want to help that person with In-depth analysis of helping them gear up their char?

    If you want to be right, be right. You don't have to throw out names because people referred you to the information you asked for, but you didnt want to read it there, you wanted to read it here. Disagree with me all you like, I'm not the one calling people idiots and morons, and that just further begs the question.

    Why would anyone help someone if all they get is that kind of response?

    Edit: No, you dont have to do "tons of reading" its called skimming. Skim to the part you want, read the part you want, and then leave the page.

  10. #30

    Re: Need shadow/disc priest help

    Quote Originally Posted by Firegod1385
    Lol, all you've done is flame people for giving you the tools to answer your question. 30 seconds would imply that someone was on the forums, clicking your link the precise moment you posted it and that particular person had the exact info you wanted. However, that magic 5 minutes is exactly how long it took someone to respond.

    So your time evaluation failed.

    But when you ask the BASIC question, you're going to get a crappy answer. You yourself said you already knew it. So you basically asked a question you didn't need to. If you want to ask "In depth" questions that are specific to your characters gear selection, then you need to specify thats what you want. From what I've read, people answer THOSE questions. But if someone cannot be expected to take the 5 minutes to look for the basics, why would anyone want to help that person with In-depth analysis of helping them gear up their char?

    If you want to be right, be right. You don't have to throw out names because people referred you to the information you asked for, but you didnt want to read it there, you wanted to read it here. Disagree with me all you like, I'm not the one calling people idiots and morons, and that just further begs the question.

    Why would anyone help someone if all they get is that kind of response?

    Edit: No, you dont have to do "tons of reading" its called skimming. Skim to the part you want, read the part you want, and then leave the page.
    Did I say 30 seconds from when I posted? No. Your time evaluation failed. It would've taken someone 30 seconds to make the post once they did click my link.

    It turned out my assumptions were correct. They may not have been. That's why I checked. Yes, they referenced the correct info, yippee. Go read the analogy about linking to wikipedia. Reading entire webpages IS NOT NECESSARY.

    I didn't ASK for an in depth analysis of my character, did I? I asked for basics. I got links to giant things. I don't give a fuck about the theory crafting. I wanted a straight forward answer. I DID NOT get one. How are you guys so confused by that concept?

    The arguement I've seen from 10 different people so far:
    "OMG JUST READ THE PAGE"
    Go look at the first page of this thread. Seriously. Just go look at the massive wall of text. Look at the information I asked for. NO ONE provided a helpful answer. You provided links to helpful answers. Well I've played for more than a day. I know I can go to EJ or various other sites if I want all the theory craft. THAT IS NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR. Do you get it yet. Comprende?


    TLDR: Answer I needed took 48 words.
    Answers I got were LINKS to things with LINKS to the info I needed. Not even directly to the helpful parts. The helpful parts? 1900+ words.

    HMMM

    48 words or 1900 words. Yea, gee, you guys were so helpful. I only got ONE helpful response in this thread, and that was the guy talking about getting 5 stacks before casting SW:P

  11. #31

    Re: Need shadow/disc priest help

    Questions have been answered, can we get this topic locked already? Dump this thread, it's pointless.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  12. #32

    Re: Need shadow/disc priest help

    I find it rather fun that you keep refering to walls of text when no one have actually linked or written any walls of text. Next time, use a few minutes to learn what an expression means before throwing it around everywhere.
    A wall of text is NOT when there is a long text. A wall of text is a long text with no paragraphs, bad punctuation and the likes. It's called a wall of text because it is one solid mass that it's impossible to skim through.

    I'm pretty sure this is neither the first or the last time in your life that you have to put in a tiny bit of effort to get what you want, so you might aswell get used to it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •