Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best Race for a Rogue? Why?

I am doing RaF with my brother and i am going to level a rogue. Just wondering what the best race is for a Rogue and why?

Re: Best Race for a Rogue? Why?

Undead or human, best pvp races.

/topic

if you go PvE, then I prefer choosing Orc or Troll, and Blood Elves' racial is moderately useful too. For Alliance, I think none have particularly good PvE Racials or am I wrong?

Thanks. But im gonna roll alliance. Still unsure what race

Human>All

Quote Originally Posted by Virnu
    if you go PvE, then I prefer choosing Orc or Troll, and Blood Elves' racial is moderately useful too. For Alliance, I think none have particularly good PvE Racials or am I wrong?
    humans get the 2 min pvp trink for their racial which frees up a trinket slot for something more useful by far the best imo for pvp

Ok human it is

If the rogue is teamed with a lock the lock would have to be retarded to use a felhunter instead of the winubus.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Night elfs have the highest starting agility of them all, and with CQC being dominant, they are top alliance DPS until rogues go maces or swords, then humans pull ahead.

Those small differences really dont mean much since there is such a difference between rogue playstyles (evenly geared rogues with the same spec... one will usually out dps the other every time) therefore you should pick your class based on the best PVP racials in the game, which would be human atm alliance side. Even if you dont want to PVP right now, you may down the road and you may regret your decision.

im a night elf and everyday i wish i was a human

UD has been mathematicaly proven the best rogue race for years now. Anything/anyone trying to prove the opposite = plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemolol
    im a night elf and everyday i wish i was a dwarf
    Fixed, at least it's how I feel. WTB race changes, Blizz.

Undead, the human racial isnt to good when u can use WG trinkets, Undead, WG trink + WotF

+ Undead's have awsome movement and attaking animations, :P
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Virnu
    for pve The night elves ability to shadowmeld make a great back up for when vanish is on CD, But you have to remember when you use it you have to hit the stealth button before you move. Not sure how effective it is in Pvp haven't done much pvp with a rogue, but my guess is since you have to take the second it take to hit stealth before you can move, it not as effective in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside0326
    for pve The night elves ability to shadowmeld make a great back up for when vanish is on CD, But you have to remember when you use it you have to hit the stealth button before you move. Not sure how effective it is in Pvp haven't done much pvp with a rogue, but my guess is since you have to take the second it take to hit stealth before you can move, it not as effective in PvP.
    Shadowmeld good for PvE? just lol.
    For PvE(thinking combatspecc) Human would be best, because of the expertise racials.

Quote Originally Posted by ezay
    UD has been mathematicaly proven the best rogue race for years now. Anything/anyone trying to prove the opposite = plain wrong.
    ....no

To say that UD has been mathematically proven to be the best rogue race is retarded when you show no math to back it up. UD has the best horde PvP racials but is behind both Trolls and Orcs as far as PvE racials are concerned. If you want to compare Human and UD PvP racials Human still pulls ahead due to the fact that perception essentially guarantees the opener vs other rogues(unless the person playing the human rogue blows), and they can use 2 DPS trinkets instead of one due to the fact that they do not need to wear a PvP trinket.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by notintheface
    Shadowmeld good for PvE? just lol.
    For PvE(thinking combatspecc) Human would be best, because of the expertise racials.
    No ilvl 239 swords or maces.
    CQC is best atm, so the base agility of Nelfs is currently better. If swords = BiS (think BC.. glaives), it would be human.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulwarri
    If the rogue is teamed with a lock the lock would have to be retarded to use a felhunter instead of the winubus.
    first: felhunter is awesome, it's just as good as the succubus but for hostile situations instead of defensive and cc.

second: stealth detection was moved to voidwalker, which practicly no lock uses in arena.
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulwarri
    ....no

To say that UD has been mathematically proven to be the best rogue race is retarded when you show no math to back it up. UD has the best horde PvP racials but is behind both Trolls and Orcs as far as PvE racials are concerned. If you want to compare Human and UD PvP racials Human still pulls ahead due to the fact that perception essentially guarantees the opener vs other rogues(unless the person playing the human rogue blows), and they can use 2 DPS trinkets instead of one due to the fact that they do not need to wear a PvP trinket.
    As far as base stats go, it seems like Blood Elf beat Undead.

Race Str Agi Sta Int Spi
    ===============================
    Undead 19 18 21 18 25
    ----------------------------------------
    Blood Elf 17 22 18 24 19