Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Best Race for a Rogue? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifra
    first: felhunter is awesome, it's just as good as the succubus but for hostile situations instead of defensive and cc.

second: stealth detection was moved to voidwalker, which practicly no lock uses in arena.
    If there is a Rogue and the Lock doesn't pull out a voidwalker, it's an instant lol

Trolls will be the best PvE combat rogue when the patch hits due to the Berserking change.

20% haste racial is beneficial regardless of which weapons are currently the BiS, meaning the troll's racial is 100% valuable regardless of whether it's CQC, Maces, or Hack 'n Slash. 3 points of Expertise (Orcs, Humans, Dwarves) is easily overcome on gear, adding 20% additional haste during Bloodlust + Blade Flurry is not. As most rogues should be aware by now, combat is all about how many times you swing, as white damage still makes up around 50% of your overall damage, as well as your offhand energy regen mechanic. More swings = good.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Troll for PvE Combat

Orc for PvE Assassination

Undead or Human for PvP

ROFL to everyone listing base stats, 3 agility doesnt make a difference... base stats doesn't effect stat growth.

http://www.shadowpanther.net/races.htm

Actual numbers for those of you who care.

Not quite sure how he comes about his PvE numbers, as I ended up with:
    Blood Fury 322(15/120)= 40.25 passive AP
    vs.
    Berserking 20(average/ post 3.2)(32.79)(10/180)= 36.4 passive Haste

(One thing I didn't find was whether or not they are changing the cooldown of Berserking, or if it was just the haste)

Now given this, Blood Fury would be Superior to Berserking.
    However, adding in base stats, Beast Slaying (as it appears there may be some beast bosses in 3.2), and Da Voodoo shuffle, they come very close.

The new Fist expertise bonus for orcs appears to be somewhat useless (obviously for mutilate rogues), but also because t9 appears LOADED with expertise, and there aren't many dps increasing talents that aren't already taken in combat (if you had to drop a point or both out of Weapon Expertise).

Brudish

gnome with a mow hawk cause the look bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Brudish
    gnome with a mow hawk cause they look gay.
    fixed that
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    2pc: An awesome looking set of wings appears and flaps once from time to time.
    4pc: Doubles the chance of the 2pc bonus occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendiznat
    http://www.shadowpanther.net/races.htm

Actual numbers for those of you who care.

Not quite sure how he comes about his PvE numbers, as I ended up with:
    Blood Fury 322(15/120)= 40.25 passive AP
    vs.
    Berserking 20(average/ post 3.2)(32.79)(10/180)= 36.4 passive Haste

(One thing I didn't find was whether or not they are changing the cooldown of Berserking, or if it was just the haste)

Now given this, Blood Fury would be Superior to Berserking.
    However, adding in base stats, Beast Slaying (as it appears there may be some beast bosses in 3.2), and Da Voodoo shuffle, they come very close.

The new Fist expertise bonus for orcs appears to be somewhat useless (obviously for mutilate rogues), but also because t9 appears LOADED with expertise, and there aren't many dps increasing talents that aren't already taken in combat (if you had to drop a point or both out of Weapon Expertise).

I can almost drop 2/2 weapon expertise for 2/2 throwing spec with my current gear once the fist expertise goes live.
    That's pretty damn handy for heroics and the odd ulduar fight.
    And it's hilarious in battlegrounds as well.

Everyone is correct with everything they have said.

The reason is because it's all races are equally good for one simple fact. Our dps has all been wrapped into one ability and that being FoK. So which ever race looks best doing the FoK spam is the one that you should choose.

End Sarcasm/begin personal opinion:

Really just go with who you can stand to stare at the longest. If you hate the look of humans stealthing or the front flips of NE's or the fact that playing a gnome your camera angle is a pain in the rear when you have taller PCs around standing in a corner and you just can't see... just go with whatever you can play and think has the best all around abilities (the emotes, stances, whatever else) because you utimately make the decision on what you can stand.

I made a BE not for the sake of any pve/pvp advantage/disadvantage but because TBC just came out and I had a new born baby in the house so I needed to be able to stealth and walk away from the computer to help out and I was trying out the new race. My choice was easy rogue BE. For pve I like the racials of the orc/trolls, but all in all, I play my character and have fun with it which is what matters most.

Gwyni will henceforth be known as Meanie, Bringer of Tautologies