Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: How's this for a new Shadow Priest talent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Oh wait.
    And your point?

    Ret pallys faceroll everyone, I'm mainly referring to rogues.


  2. #22

    Re: How's this for a new Shadow Priest talent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    And your point?

    Ret pallys faceroll everyone, I'm mainly referring to rogues.
    Bad Rogues?
    Because most of the ones I've seen tend to look at a Dispersed priest as free combo points.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  3. #23

    Re: How's this for a new Shadow Priest talent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Bad Rogues?
    Because most of the ones I've seen tend to look at a Dispersed priest as free combo points.
    How the hell is it free combo points?

  4. #24

    Re: How's this for a new Shadow Priest talent?

    Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    How the hell is it free combo points?
    Because they can't attack back nor get away unless their partner(s) have stuns/slows.

    Not that I'm on the side of "lolz free combo points", because it still costs energy last I checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malleus
    Arcane Barrage is a Blood Elf racial.* He's making reference to the trope that 99% of Belfadins are n00bs who don't know anything about their class ... a stereotype that remains true even two years after TBC came out.

  5. #25

    Re: How's this for a new Shadow Priest talent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolicious
    Because they can't attack back nor get away unless their partner(s) have stuns/slows.

    Not that I'm on the side of "lolz free combo points", because it still costs energy last I checked.
    I get how you can't attack back, but you'll be immune to their stuns and slows and uh last I checked any decent partner would help peal for you when you need it, and using dispersion would be a time when you need it. I'm just saying, there's more to consider than the fact that you have dispersion on you, it's a tool to get help get away and set yourself up to use something else or get help, what more do you want it to do?

  6. #26

    Re: How's this for a new Shadow Priest talent?

    Spriests dont have CC
    Fear is used defensively, only lasts half a second as it is trinket/wotf straight away.
    Disperse used defensively.
    Psychic Horror Used offensively, Most melee get no disadvantage from Disarm as they gap u make between them is closed while their weapons get re-equipped.

    Psychic Horror is only thing close to a CC and you aren't going to waste it on someone for the hell of it being a CC.

    From the little amount of time i have played pvp as a spriest (in 2's) all i need to do is roll dots on 1 target and when they are slightly low, chain all my Silence and fears on them.

    If they are CC'd by my partner, lets say Blind
    Fear ->
    Silence ->
    Psychic Horror ->
    Then MF them, hopefully they were unable to heal long enough for my partner to kill theirs.

    3 Things Spriests really need.

    Fear cooldown reduced by 10/20 seconds via talent.
    MF automatically 30 yards
    Dispel protections + recoil effects for them being dispelled, Mana back is okay, but if u roll Spirit gear like some Spriests do, and yes it is effective because of Spriests low crit chance in arena, you want more damage.

    As i have said before, each dot should have its unique effect,
    SWP = Damage
    VT = Mana
    DP = Small amount of HP and Mana
    VE = Health
    Any if MF is cut short because of a Dispel, Shapehift or 'Fade like' removal of Snares the target gets immobilized for 2 sec.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

  7. #27

    Re: How's this for a new Shadow Priest talent?

    I just want to add that these "Use Dispersion when rogue stuns you" replies are stupid. We all know you can disperse when stunned.
    Naturally, some brainiacs don't know that Avenging Wrath ignores dispersion. Also, you are NOT immune to stuns while dispersed. Also, Dispersion has default cooldown of 3 minutes, Kidney Shot has 30 seconds. I won't bother explaining that all the time you take damage as SP in arena. Only dots we're able to pull off are instant ones, because we're LoS-ing all the time to avoid charges, hammers, grips and so on.

    So thank you very much pvp experts and gladiator-title winners as shadow in 2s, and just to break it to you - staying alive in a battleground doesn't count as "I have no problems staying alive as SP" because battlegrounds are full of alts, noobs, idiots, undergeared recently dinged people and so on. I play them in pve gear just because I can blow people up in 3-4 gcds. So thank you Myzou, if you hadn't told me I'd never know I can disperse under stun. However, did you try to play shadow in arena, at some normal, above 1500 rating?

    At 2k, teams are such that even rogue - disc suck and get owned by druid - warrior, warrior - paladin, paladin - dk. Once again, without proper way of applying pressure, we'll suck. It takes shitloads of mana just to put the dots up, they get neutralized by hots or dispels. Other abilities we have are interruptable and are screaming for "hey, interrupt me".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •