I need help teaching my druid partner

So I invite a new partner to my 2v2 went from 1600 rating back down to 1400 after inviting a druid with full hatefull... now we stomp 2 dps teams but when we come up against dk+healer or warrior+ pally teams or even warlock + healer he cant seem to stay alive long enough for me to take down the opposing teams healer or dps. He consistantly gets mana burned and i try to tell him to go bear form but he doesnt seem skilled enough to change forms fast enough. DK teams wreck us the most any advice i can give him because i usually run with war+pally but pally has moved on to school and I needed a new partner.

Re: I need help teaching my druid partner

It might be helpful if you mention what class you play because it's not all about what healer you play with... You have to do stuff to help him just as much as he has to help you.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    It might be helpful if you mention what class you play because it's not all about what healer you play with... You have to do stuff to help him just as much as he has to help you.
    Now read

i usually run with war+pally but pally has moved on to school and I needed a new partner.

Facepalm@u

and OP

get a better partner, one that can play
    Our Deepest Fear Is That We Our Powerful Beyond Messure,

Pac, E, B.I.G, The 3 Men That When I Go To Heaven I Want To See,

I think first of all.. wether your druid dies on tanking the dps because he's not skilled enough or just simply getting outplayed by a counterclass doesnt rly matter..

I dont read anything about you helping to peel ppl from your druid.. I think thats your 1st option.. Untill you're druid is in a good shape and then you are allowed to start burning ppl down..

Hamstring someone so he can get range and cyclone/root him.. or just spamstring so he can shapeshift away.. When playing defensive you should be able to outlive many manawars as a druid.. and even then if youre not under focus you can hot your partner and go for a drink (in stealth even)

With some added communication and timed cyclone's im sure you'll be able to beat more players easily... (tried burning dps to 50% while healer is in cyclone and then switch (with the dps now being cycloned)? that will bring them both to 50% and the healer has to choose whom to heal )

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Sounds to me like you are just getting used to playing with someone who can't just bubble and force the action back on you. You'll probably need to working on peeling off your druid more. Get him enough room so he can cyclone or root the DPS that is pounding on him. Encourage him to be offensive with cyclones. If he is getting mana burned it could be that you are out in the open taking too much damage and he is forced to come out and heal you.

Good communication is key though. If he needs to get free to drink or avoid mana burns have him call it out. Use some defensive cooldowns while he regains some control. If you think you are going to get a kill call out for a cyclone on the other target or for DPS. He can't know what help you need unless you ask for it, and vice versa.

Like with all things practice makes perfect. But really a resto druid in full hateful is probably a bad sign rather then good

The thing about warriors is that they aren't the greatest burst class in the game right now. When you face a team with a healer you have to put pressure on them by interrupting them as much as possible and trying to keep MS + Unrelenting Assault up. If you are going to pop CDs on a dps, ask your druid to CC the healer and help you burst down their partner. I can't see how your druid will have any problem going against melee, unless your opponents can cleanse/dispel. Good old cyclone/roots + run away and pillar hump=win.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

"/cast !tree of life"
    ^amazingly helpful and simple macro.

hit when snared. now you're unsnared! now you're unsnarable!
    apply with liberal use of roots and cyclone.
    hit this 1 second after applying natures grasp and theyll be rooted and you'll be moving full speed. works every single time, against anyone (if not used stupidly)

and
    "/cast travel form
    /cast [form:w/e number] !kitty form
    /cast [form:#] !travel form"

the only classes that should be able to do sustained dmg to either of you are dot classes.

if he needs a peel, he should run by you and you should piercing howl. thats how hard it is to play a warrior in this comp
    druid healing isn't about healing, its hot hot hot, root/snare, drink. thats how hard it is to play a druid in this comp

srsly tho, im pretty sure your druid is just A bad or B incredibly undergeared. like hateful v conq undergeared.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

sinder your silly its called keybinding your special action bar for all the important forms. ive been helping a friend playing on his druid with less than full hateful and keybinds makes a world of a difference. all my heals are close at hand only difficult ones are natures swiftness since i dont want to rush to use it.
    full hot yourself in tree form cast natures grasp then use your cheetah keybind to get distance. granted if the druid is getting double nuked use disarm against melee to cut their damage use your aoe fear when the brown stuff hits the spinning thing. and your druid should be able to stay alive alot more. ps if your druid doesnt use keybinds either talk him into it or find another healer. druid sans keybinds will get you to 1500 max
    nerfs tickle at best
    people who reroll or quit due to nerfs are sissys

Quote Originally Posted by kainron
    sinder your silly its called keybinding your special action bar for all the important forms. ive been helping a friend playing on his druid with less than full hateful and keybinds makes a world of a difference. all my heals are close at hand only difficult ones are natures swiftness since i dont want to rush to use it.
    full hot yourself in tree form cast natures grasp then use your cheetah keybind to get distance. granted if the druid is getting double nuked use disarm against melee to cut their damage use your aoe fear when the brown stuff hits the spinning thing. and your druid should be able to stay alive alot more. ps if your druid doesnt use keybinds either talk him into it or find another healer. druid sans keybinds will get you to 1500 max
    you dont understand what the macro does /shrug

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

pops you out of your current form and back into what ever you cast? same thing as hitting your keybind two or three times.
    nerfs tickle at best

pops you out of your current form and back into what ever you cast? same thing as hitting your keybind two or three times.
    works considerably faster. its not "the same"

its also keybindable!

wont it still take two globals to switch out of form and back into it?

pretty much making it a wasted macro?
    nerfs tickle at best

wont it still take two globals to switch out of form and back into it?

pretty much making it a wasted macro?
    no. its instant

literally instant

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    The thing about warriors is that they aren't the greatest burst class in the game right now. When you face a team with a healer you have to put pressure on them by interrupting them as much as possible and trying to keep MS + Unrelenting Assault up. If you are going to pop CDs on a dps, ask your druid to CC the healer and help you burst down their partner. I can't see how your druid will have any problem going against melee, unless your opponents can cleanse/dispel. Good old cyclone/roots + run away and pillar hump=win.
    Warrior are the better burst class (talking about melee) out of rogue and retri pala atm, the best burst class? dk.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Iniquity
    Warrior are the better burst class (talking about melee) out of rogue and retri pala atm, the best burst class? dk.
    I fail to see which version of WoW you are playing that Warriors have more burst then Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    I fail to see which version of WoW you are playing that Warriors have more burst then Paladins.
    ohhh the mythical burst. if only it provided some kind of actual advantage.

heres to hoping the target has 0 resil, no avoidance, is ignored by his allies, and is completely oblivious to his hp bar

then again there are those pesky mages who magically dodge 2x in a row. hilarious.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Warriors really don't have burst. For the most part it's the mortal strike that helps them out. They'd be a real push over with out it. I'm well aware of what burst is like also since my other 80s are a boomkin and a mage.

warriors can put some decent pressure with a 4 k ms followed by a 3 k overpower.
    nerfs tickle at best

Sinders, for the most part I agree with most of your posts on mmo. Even tho you can come off sort of elitest, you do attempt to help ppl with strats and ideas on why they are failing. One thing tho that is funny is your insistance that Ret damage is fine. If I lose to another keyboard turning/click ret pally I may come on these forums to kill joo. lol