Ulduar Balance Raiding Spec Opinion

Hey guys I've been researching for an Imba Balance Spec through different styles and fights.

However as i have noticed through Ulduar A couple of spells are not needed when you have reached a good gear.

Dreamstate and Intensity are clear that are not needed yet i noticed that Starfall and Typhoon are not needed aswell (Except probably for the adds in XT or Freya)

So I Came up with this build that focuses on Single and Long boss fights that improves Single Target Damage as well as DOT's.

All I need from you is to tell me if this Specc is good or not?

Here is the link:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0EG0uiIscdIVh0hZbxc0b

Re: Ulduar Balance Raiding Spec Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Kombojack2
    Dreamstate and Intensity are clear that are not needed yet i noticed that Starfall and Typhoon are not needed aswell (Except probably for the adds in XT or Freya)
    Typhoon I can agree with, however Starfall is a DPS increase for single targets as well as AoE, so it really is silly not to spec into it.

There are a few thing I'd disagree with here, particularly Genesys given the options you've missed out on.

Force of Nature is another spell that provides quite a significant DPS increase (assuming you time them well not to die from AoE).

Improved Moonfire, again, is more of a DPS increase than Genesys. Per talent point, you're comparing 1% increase to Moonfire & Insect Swarm, versus a 5% increase to Moonfire (not to mention the increased direct damage, as well as 5% increased chance to proc Nature's Grace).

I'd also recommend at least one point in Owlkin Frenzy before I'd consider taking Genesys.

As such, this is the spec I'd recommend taking for max single target DPS when completely ignoring mana: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0tMbuiIscdIAhouZbxc0b

However, this is almost never going to be viable, so this is what I'd actually recommend speccing for maximising single target DPS: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0xRbuiIscdIihouZbxczb

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kombojack2
    Hey guys I've been researching for an Imba Balance Spec through different styles and fights.

However as i have noticed through Ulduar A couple of spells are not needed when you have reached a good gear.

So I Came up with this build that focuses on Single and Long boss fights that improves Single Target Damage as well as DOT's.

All I need from you is to tell me if this Specc is good or not?

Here is the link:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0EG0uiIscdIVh0hZbxc0b
    At one point i did the math of 3 points in brambles vs genesis, and brambles wins out easily. The damage done by your trees every 3 minutes + the extra damage done by the tanks through your thorns is more powerful than 3 points in genesis (this was also with some generous assumptions done from one of my old naxx 25 raids).

Starfall is a must. even for single target bosses. Keep it on CD, no question.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0xRduVIscdIqhouZbxczb is the spec i would take with 2 points left over to split between brambles or owlkin frenzy at your own pleasure (you can also take that point out of moonglow to put into genesis, but I don't recommend it). If you have a remotely competent tank, nature's reach isn't necessary as long as you know how to watch a threat meter (which shouldn't be an issue to begin with).

All of this is assuming you have enough crit to keep your mana regen going. If you can't last 10 minutes with this build then you need to substitute your owlkin/brambles talents for intensity.

Deleted

Starfall is an excellent spell, and not just on trash packs. There is not one single bossfight where you will stand still all the time, so popping an instant spell that does a lot of damage while moving is great. Even if you can stand still, its still worth to pop it - the damage is great, even on single targets.

Force of Nature is absolutely sweet. The damage from treans is quite noticable, and if you are able to put them down just before a bloodlust, their damage is massive indeed.

never spec more than 1 natures reach.
    never spec out of brokenly imba Omen of clarity.
    trees rock.
    moonglow sucks.

as they said brambles or owlkin > genesis, those are where your 3 flavor points go, brambles, owlkin or AoE(gale winds/typhoon).

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0xG0u...uZbxczb:urRzm0

Fixt.

For long boss fights, OOC is required (also, if they are going to be long/single target, Force of Nature is a must as you will probably get 2-4 casts off per fight)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Theorycrafting and posting numbers on forums
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Was that too harsh? (Source)

I agree mostly with medium9, but instead of keeping those two points in moonglow I put them in gale winds. If you don't run oom, moonglow is just a waste of talent points. Finishing a fight with 80% mana or even 10% is just a waste. Still I have 0 mana issues, but this is something for each to consider once they have good enough gear to drop mana talents.

The spec I currently have on armory is for 10man vezax HM, but last time I did that I had plenty of mana left so 3/3 moonglow might be a bit overkill even for that.

My advice is this: as soon as you can, drop all mana talents.

Here is the spec of choice for me for singletarget and aoe-dmg: clicky

edit: Also, genesis is rubbish, complete and absolute rubbish. Let's say dots are 20% of your damage, you use _5_ talent points to increase that damage by 5%. That is a whooping 1% damage increase for 5 points, noone should take that talent as balance, ever.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by axxey
    never spec more than 1 natures reach.
    never spec out of brokenly imba Omen of clarity.
    trees rock.
    moonglow sucks.

as they said brambles or owlkin > genesis, those are where your 3 flavor points go, brambles, owlkin or AoE(gale winds/typhoon).
    There are fights where you will take any threat reduction you can get, and cling on to it dearly. We arent even trying, and on Hodir i can easely grace the main tanks threat. (incidently, on that kill we killed him in 3 minutes 4 seconds, with no concious effort to actually go for hard mode :P)

In addition to my post earlier, i just figured another reason why Starfall is awesome: Natures grace. Free procs even on a bossfight ^^

15+ Year Old Account

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0xRfuqIscdIVhouZbxczb

Personally I prefer this spec out of all the specs that I've seen posted, but really it all depends on how you go with bosses and what your rotation is. With 3.2 coming soon the spec will change little, but thats about it. Either way, I just like to set up how I set up, I still use my Intensity because I don't feel like having brambles. But hey, whatever floats your boat, do as you want, and best luck to you.
    Naocho: 100 Worgen Druid - Eldre'Thalas
    Naocho's Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Cateaka
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0xRfuqIscdIVhouZbxczb

Personally I prefer this spec out of all the specs that I've seen posted, but really it all depends on how you go with bosses and what your rotation is. With 3.2 coming soon the spec will change little, but thats about it. Either way, I just like to set up how I set up, I still use my Intensity because I don't feel like having brambles. But hey, whatever floats your boat, do as you want, and best luck to you.
    This is my prefered spec also but as i said earlier the 3 in brambles here are your "flavor" points to distribute by preference for small gains to different styles.

If you have any threat problems in Ulduar with 1 point in natures reach then it's not your problem at all.
    Hodir is the possible exception if you have no rogues or hunters, never give the tank spark and use a frost resist tank and they don't have good offset threat gear around their frost set.
    I guess maybe general hard mode as well with tank concentrating on mitigation somewhat.
    They're both still flavor fights can spec specifically for anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey

If you have any threat problems in Ulduar with 1 point in natures reach then it's not your problem at all.
    Hodir is the possible exception if you have no rogues or hunters, never give the tank spark and use a frost resist tank and they don't have good offset threat gear around their frost set.
    I guess maybe general hard mode as well with tank concentrating on mitigation somewhat.
    They're both still flavor fights can spec specifically for anyways.
    Perhaps, but I can still pull 7k tps with a little RNG at the beginning of a fight and that is with 2/2 nature's reach. So I really wouldn't want to spec out of that any time soon. Having a general spec that works for all fights is the best imo (except vezax which requires moonglow). My spec has no real flavour points, but good aoe and single target damage.