Thread: Blade Ward?

Blade Ward?

How well is this for tanking anyways? I've heard both positive and negative things about it. I can make the TS bar and easily get the other mats needed for it.

Re: Blade Ward?

it's up time is low but still gives you good avoidance. the threat from the damage is pretty low though.

it's still a good enchant just only procs a few times during a whole boss fight, some people prefer having a more constant buff from their weapon.

i see an average of 5-10% uptime (at least 1 stack) at combat logs for blade ward. i think after AD change i can go for the blood draining which is also a pretty good tanking enchant.

Agi/Mongoose are more avoidance, the uptime is just not enough to be worth using atm, some people have done some testing on dummies and even then its not so great, but dummies don't hit back so your not using your charges as your not parrying. If they up the proc rate then it may be a good chant but atm i'd still go agi or blood draining next patch.

Mongoose is win

I've been using it for a while now, and i can honestly say its not worth it at all... The proc rate is very low for its uptime.

Its not worth its mats at the moment, i would get the +crit/hit enchant, or even the weapon chain instead.

I put goose on my sword cauz I'm cheap and tank is my secondary spec :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    blade ward is awful.

Get accuracy.
    agreed,

unless the buff the proc,

having accuracy keeps our high threat going.

and makes it to where we can have some good hit, without having to get it on other pieces of gear freeing up more space for Avoidance and Mitigation stats.