Thread: Hellfire Change

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hellfire Change

Blizz should change Hellfire instead of removing it. How about when cast, the warlock is immune to all melee/spell dmg, but still receives the dmg from Hellfire.

It's still a tradeoff, but now a viable tradeoff,

I think it'd be worth it if there was a bunch of mobs, and you need just that little extra to take em out.

Re: Hellfire Change

would not be ballanced as oh look instead of taking that 6k crit from that rogue 3 times in a row ill just let myself take a small tick and let him waste his combo points on me. or even in the pve scenario, oh look i have boss agro whoops hellfire time immune to that massive hit your about to take instead you take a small tick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourty-two View Post
    "There must always be an Aspect of Death." As Nessingwary lifts up the chin of Deathwing to his face.

Quote Originally Posted by flammadeus
    would not be ballanced as oh look instead of taking that 6k crit from that rogue 3 times in a row ill just let myself take a small tick and let him waste his combo points on me. or even in the pve scenario, oh look i have boss agro whoops hellfire time immune to that massive hit your about to take instead you take a small tick.
    What if you were forced to remain there for the duration of the spell, and it had a 30sec - 1min cooldown. Would have better use in PvE.

Just brainstorming ways to make the spell more useful, I always liked it and don't want to see it cut.

Wait... then stun locking ppl n nuking them till dead is not op?!

Well, what u said was true, will have very bad pve implications. If not immune, just take reduced damage (than taking full damage) during duration of casting would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by QQHater
    Wait... then stun locking ppl n nuking them till dead is not op?!

Well, what u said was true, will have very bad pve implications. If not immune, just take reduced damage (than taking full damage) during duration of casting would be nice.
    They removed that along time ago. QQ
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

lol uh iceblock?? or even bubble. We'd be the only class that takes damage while in an immunity effect.

EDIT: obviously a CD would be added to it, a lot longer than 30secs or 1 min.
    - Khody is the Lord and God of the Forums. When spoken to, you may only refer to him as the following:
    'Lord Khody'
    'My Liege'
    'The One True King'
    'God'

Give hellfire a cooldown, and make it work like Immolation.

Not like the meta one, but the demon hunter one, where it does exactly what hellfire does now(Draining health, instead of mana), but without having to channel it.
    Maybe add a thunderstorm effect upon cast, and castable while stunned. Just to annoy the rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Give hellfire a cooldown, and make it work like Immolation.

Not like the meta one, but the demon hunter one, where it does exactly what hellfire does now(Draining health, instead of mana), but without having to channel it.
    Maybe add a thunderstorm effect upon cast, and castable while stunned. Just to annoy the rogues.
    Pretty much this.
    Channelled AoE's have never really been useful in a pvp situation and for PvE RoF/SoC are more then enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Maybe add a thunderstorm effect upon cast
    The knockback or the mana reg?

If you mean the knockback: It would maybe be alittle over the top, it would be good even without the knockback.

If you mean the mana reg: We already have good mana gain from lifetap/improved soul leech.

But its a very nice suggestion and would make me use the spell more often.

It would be very OP in both PvE and PvP.

I would like to see Hellfire changed to something useful myself, but I doubt it'll happen

I am The Burning Legion

15+ Year Old Account

I would like to see it this way:

Hellfire - A hellish fire bursts out of the ground, doing X damage and Y damage over time, Also knocks the target back for Z yards.

This would be a single target spell. A minor glyph would delete the  knockback.

OR

Hellfire - Summons 3 bolts of Fire, moving randomly (On a circle like Shadowfury you've chosen) doing X damage. Is not channeled.

This would remain an AoE and a pretty original one too. You can, after having cast this, still RoF.

The problem with making it NOT channeled is that you can run into a pack of trash mobs and Hellfire, then cast Rain of Fire around yourself and do like 30k DPS....Not really all that reasonable lol

1) Make it so you don't take self damage if you're using Metamorphosis.
    2) Reduce self damage if there are less target. It's a pretty cheap spell with good DPS. This would make it work well in PvP.
    3) Make it so you can cast it on your minion and set it lose on enemies instead. Would be great on Voidwalker or Felhunter.
    4) Make it a ground effect like Consecrate, and add snare. Heck, it already has a chance to daze with talent--just bump up daze chance on it.

Gowai. Hellfire is my 100% guarantee to avoiding repair bills.

Quote Originally Posted by olicon
    1) Make it so you don't take self damage if you're using Metamorphosis.
    2) Reduce self damage if there are less target. It's a pretty cheap spell with good DPS. This would make it work well in PvP.
    3) Make it so you can cast it on your minion and set it lose on enemies instead. Would be great on Voidwalker or Felhunter.
    4) Make it a ground effect like Consecrate, and add snare. Heck, it already has a chance to daze with talent--just bump up daze chance on it.
    Win, I especially like the idea of casting it on your pet, very original

Quote Originally Posted by cowcaw
    lol uh iceblock?? or even bubble. We'd be the only class that takes damage while in an immunity effect.
    martyr recoil goes through bubble

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Dominate
    Back when I was still playing my lock (endgame TBC) healers in my guild would never let me do that lol. Lifetap lifetap lifetap lifetap lifetap ... ... fizzle... /cast hellfire... X's Greater Heal heals you for 8k...

Cue nerdrage :P

They should simply make hellfire damage on the first tick instead, just let it do that and increase the damage dealt of hellfire so it's a better aoe than Rain of Fire(As it damages the caster)

But seriously, it should just damage the caster and sorroundings on the FIRST tick, then you could use it for CC protection and shizz at a better state.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dominate
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    They removed that along time ago. QQ
    They removed stunlock ??? Maybe we all need to update our WoW then because for me, Pala/Rogue Stun still work perfect to lock you down until you are down, which means 3-4 sec in PvP 800+ or 2-3 sec in PvE.
    [div class="blizzquotewrap"][div class="blizzquoteinner"][span class="corners-top"][span][/span][/span][div class="blizzquoteheader"][span]Quote from: Blizzard Staff[/span][/div][div class="blizzquote"]Warlock's survavibility wasn't really good at the start of Wrath of the Lich King, but they're in a pretty good place right now.[/div][span class="corners-bottom"][span][/span][/span][/div][/div]