I heard these were reasonable forums for suggestions

Hey everyone a friend told me people posting on these mage forums were far less elitist and more open minded to new ideas than the people on the WoW forums, so I come here to tell you something about our popular arcane-deep fire spec.

My character name is Quintessence of the Medivh realm, and ever since theyve made Molten Armor increase crit according to spirit, Ive decided to start scavenging epic gear with spirit and crit on it, to have as much of a complete set as possible, excluding the necessary tier pieces to complete set bonuses.

My armory display is curretly showing almost the exact same gear I use for my fire spec, except I replace the illusion card with the Living Flame (http://www.wowwiki.com/Living_Flame_(trinket) ), and I replace my bracers or belt with another hit item to be at 96%ish chance to hit. Where does this put me? At 34-35% crrit displayed crit rating in my character tab. The good part? 34% crit rating + 3% from Pyromaniac + 6% Critical Mass + 3% Improved Scorch + 5% Improved Scorch (stackx5) + 5% Fireball glyph puts me at a nice 54-57% crit rating for Fireball from BASE BUFFS ONLY!!!

Lets assume a semi ideal raid situation now : 53% + 6% from focus magic buff and proc, 3% paladin crit, 3% shaman totem crit, spirit buffs, druid buffs, Elemental focus ETC took me once in OS3D to as high as 84% Fireball crit % during the entire fight. My damage combo was literally Fireball, Fireball, Pyroblast, Fireball, Fireball, Pyro, Pyro, Fireball, Pyro, it was insane.

NOW, youre all wondering the same thing : HASTE, what about the obscure amount of haste you have, doesnt that affect your dps?
    It turns out that it doesnt, and I dont even have BIS crit/spirit gear.

Believe it or not, if you decide to go all out crit, your damage will be EXACTLY the same as if you had 400, 450,500,550...600! haste unbuffed, and in almost stationary fights BETTER How do I know? Because I used to be a haste maniac juste like you, until I saw the potential of the new Molten Armor. It sucks that im posting this from work right now, and I cant post some screenshots.

Read on if youre intrigued!

Here are some advantages Ive found from using this gear setting for a month in Ulduar10, Ulduar10 hard modes and Ulduar25 :

1. If you decide to take two points out from the Fire tree and put them in Arcane Meditation in the arcane tree, you will never again use Evocation. You will never run out of mana. I swear. The reasons?

- Lots of spirit, 86% mana regen while casting, and your great amount of critical strike will keep the Master of Elements (fire tree) proccing almost constantly (Remember, Living Bomb crits as well).

2. Your tier 8 4piece bonus will feel happy, because your insane amount of critical strikes will give it more chances of proccing. And it does.

3. Dps on par with all classes in SOME fights, with haste I could never catch up to feral druids or hunters or rogues.

4. Next patch you will do much more dps if they put allow the new Hotstreak change.

5. Fights where you have to move every 5-10 seconds : You will cast less, but your casts will pack more punch.

HERE ARE UGLY DISADVANTAGES

1. Respect your aggro or die, (more than before)

2. RNG. You will sometimes get some horrible RNG where instant PYRO doesnt proc, and your dps wont be that good.

3. Probably something else I forgot.

HOPE YOU HAD TIME TO READ!!!!!

Re: I heard these were reasonable forums for suggestions

sorry dude, you have been deceived. this place is full of opinionated morons who can't read and don't know which way is up. don't expect anything helpful or useful from these folk.

Never one to disappoint, Chris!

OP: Your thread would be more relevant IF we actually had a choice in what stats were on our gear, or even more choices in gear. In end-game content our BiS gear is just that...BiS...there's hardly any room for personalization at all...

Here's our room for personalization/specialization:

swap out 8.5 helm for wyrmcaller
    or
    swap out 8.5 chest for umbral

gg?

At least I didn't simply respond with LOL R U NEW??!!

you must have down's for dropping the illustration, since i am going to assume you haven't/won't get the Flare of the Heavens.

list ratings and achievements pls?

if you're not in the top 1% you're not worth the time of day. this is MMO Champion, where the elitists of the elitist hang 8)

From my experience, I have a thread here asking people for help on my DPS. It is titled "help with my DPS."

Still, the insane crit you have is incredible. 84% crit?! Dear god, that's sick. I still pesonally need some better trinkets and get rid of one ring that has MP5. I have been very unlucky when it comes to getting some really good gear, but here are my comments.

1. I don't need arcane meditation because already, I don't have mana problems. Very rarely, do I ever go OOM when I am going all out. With the change to ignite, mana regeneration will be hell lot easier. I wonder though, if you have ignite on multiple targets, do you get extra regen?

2. Hunters, DK's, and rogues have been kicking my ass lately. I have been second to last in DPS in a lot of fights(my guild leader hates our mages....I'm not the only mage). Of course, our raid is biased because it is heavy on attack power people. There are no shadow priests/boomkins in the raid(25 man mind you), no elemental shamans, and the only shamans are either resto or enhancement. So I am missing huge buffs that up my DPS.

@ Xevec.
    You should consider a new guild then!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqera
    @ Xevec.
    You should consider a new guild then!
    I have officer status, and many of my friends raid there. I like the power I have....and I am the guild's alchemist. The rely on me to flask them. Come next patch, I am going to rock transmutation and get those epic gems for the guild bank.

15+ Year Old Account

I HATE PURPLE LEMONADE
    BfA Beta Time

^
    WHY?! =(

Also: Mages don't help other mages. We're like shaman: We tell you you suck, and go on our merry way.

Graz on super attempt to remove RNG. I wish I had the patience to go find all crit based pieces.

Yet another "I'm going to try and defy the math by going all out to one end of the spectrum"

Unless you have numbers/curves that can back up a massive crit stack like this, it's hard to believe. Plus, it's difficult to itemize so specifically, especially with all the Ulduar gear that has tons of hit and haste on it already. It always seems so dandy in concept, look, tons of crit synergizes with all my talents! Hot Streak! MASTER OF ELEMENTS! SPIRITTTTT OMG!

The fact of the matter is that even though it seems to mesh with all your talents, it's not working when you think it is. With a spec that crit heavy you'd be better off FFB anyway probably, since "haste is the TTWFire preferred stat and crit is the FFB preferred stat." They'd basically work exactly the same except you'd lose the 10% spirit talent from arcane. And 3% crit from FM (assuming you can still find another mage that will toss it on you one-way). But at that level of crit, going from 84% to ~81% (minus a bit from Student of the Mind loss) will hardly show a difference. To my knowledge, haste and crit are both stats that lose value at such high levels, probably crit more so than haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraix
    you must have down's for dropping the illustration, since i am going to assume you haven't/won't get the Flare of the Heavens.
    Illustration of the Dragon Soul is currently the 4th best DPS trinket (6th if you're not hit capped). I've already made a thread regarding DPS trinkets and their ranks.

new hotstreak change? must have missed that one, the only mage changes I heard was the multi target LB, mana refund on ignites, and lower mana costs for certain spells
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.