Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: I don't understand this

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    judgement dmg will go up, so RV dmg automaticly goes up aswell.
    It still accounts for a low portion of our DPS.

Now, if the 2pc was "Grants your Holy Vengeance and Holy Corruption spells a chance to critically hit"..... THEN we'd be in business.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    It still accounts for a low portion of our DPS.

Now, if the 2pc was "Grants your Holy Vengeance and Holy Corruption spells a chance to critically hit"..... THEN we'd be in business.
    i agree its better, but we have to be happy with what we get.

is it a 2x crit multiplier or a 1.5x?

15+ Year Old Account

i agree its better, but we have to be happy with what we get.

is it a 2x crit multiplier or a 1.5x?
    For RV? 2x a tick..... so instead of say 135 a tick unbuffed, SOME of the ticks will be 300.... note that not the ENTIRE DoT crits, only part of it does.

15+ Year Old Account

For RV? 2x a tick..... so instead of say 135 a tick unbuffed, SOME of the ticks will be 300.... note that not the ENTIRE DoT crits, only part of it does.
    ah ofc.

RV has 3 parts which stack - judgement - CS - DS, and these crit separatly? how wonderfully! :-\

thats even worse then i thought it would be.

15+ Year Old Account

ah ofc.

RV has 3 parts which stack - judgement - CS - DS, and these crit separatly? how wonderfully! :-\

thats even worse then i thought it would be.
    Yep. So you have a MUCH lower chance to get RV crit to proc, because you have to first crit with one of the three above, THEN have a separate roll for each tick with a 5% crit rate.

Offtopic: What happened to your sig iktankniet?

judgement dmg will go up, so RV dmg automaticly goes up aswell.
    judgements are going up, but CS damage is going down. While we will still slightly benefit from this trade off, it's minimal due to the longer cooldown of judgement.

IMHO, RV damage needs to be buffed or changed. It does a pathetic amount of damage for 3 talent points.

15+ Year Old Account

Yep. So you have a MUCH lower chance to get RV crit to proc, because you have to first crit with one of the three above, THEN have a separate roll for each tick with a 5% crit rate.

Offtopic: What happened to your sig iktankniet?
    was messing with it, but it got fucked up. so i ended by deleting it.

fixed it for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    judgements are going up, but CS damage is going down. While we will still slightly benefit from this trade off, it's minimal due to the longer cooldown of judgement.

IMHO, RV damage needs to be buffed or changed. It does a pathetic amount of damage for 3 talent points.
    cooldown of judgement wont change, still is 8 sec. i think that judgement dmg will do close to double the dmg it does now. this way RV will do more dmg then with the old CS. CS does less dmg, but also a lower cooldown, which gives more chance of critting hits. these do stack. it wont be very good, i agree on that, but i havent seen ptr raiding paladin dmg meter. dont know the increase/decrease of it.

lets see how it is before we scream for buffs

15+ Year Old Account

was messing with it, but it got fucked up. so i ended by deleting it.
    But thats how I knew you posted due to the blue of the sig xD

fixed it for ya
    cooldown of judgement wont change, still is 8 sec. i think that judgement dmg will do close to double the dmg it does now. this way RV will do more dmg then with the old CS. CS does less dmg, but also a lower cooldown, which gives more chance of critting hits. these do stack. it wont be very good, i agree on that, but i havent seen ptr raiding paladin dmg meter. dont know the increase/decrease of it.

lets see how it is before we scream for buffs
    If you're comparing RV damage of Live (with 7-8 sec Judgement and 6 sec CS) vs PTR (7-8 sec Judgement and 4 sec CS), it will increase given one of the following:

-Your target has 0 resilience
    -Your target is stationary and does not move

With the change to Resilience, RV takes a double-hit in damage reduction: First, the total amount done is reduced (due to Resilience affecting Crit damage) and then is lowered furthur (due to Resilience affecting all damage), and then if it crits it gets hit a THIRD time. : /

Other than PvP, yes, RV damage will increase because both Judgement and CS damage is increased.

Quote Originally Posted by luminae
    you know dual, for as long as i've been a paladin, i never really looked at JoL that way. kudos for a great way of looking at things.
    I haven't either but that is right. The set bonus could be better though I think.

If seal of vengeance pops around as the new found pvp seal RV will likely make it into pvp builds. We'll have become Melee-locks.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    If seal of vengeance pops around as the new found pvp seal RV will likely make it into pvp builds. We'll have become Melee-locks.
    Thats what I had as my "vision" for Ret, a Holy version of an Affliction lock.... where our DoTs are HV, RV, and Conviction, and our SBs are our melee/CS/DS :P

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    I disagree in regards to the ret 2 set. RV accounts for about 5% of my total damage (which blows for 3 talent points), adding a small chance to crit to that might account for half a percent at best.
    5% of your total damage? That's about a 5.3% damage increase, or 1.75% damage increase/talent point. That's not bad at all.