Improving wow fps

Hello
    I like to ask some advice about improving my wow fps. last night i was in 25man naxx and had 3-7fps(in combat)which made dpsing (melee) very hard. anyway feel free to give some advice
    my computer :
    CPU: intel pentium 4 cpu 3.00 ghz
    ram : 1536 ram
    Card : nvidia geforce 8600 gt 256mb

My wow resolution is 1280 x 1024 and i changed all my settings to low without giving any huge improve in combat

Re: Improving wow fps

A pentium IV 3.0 is pretty slow mate, I don't think there's much to do about your fps.

Get a new PC, you can have a very decent WoW-PC if you spend about € 700 / $ 1000

your biggest problem is not enuff memmory not by far! you run a 256mb gfx-card running in 1280x1024
    decrease it to 1024x768 at max with that.

1.5gb ram isnt enuff either im supriced ur pc aint stalling and get kicked out of the server on loading screens.

pretty much you need a new pc

more ram and new cpu, okay. Can you recommend any cpu around 100 euro?

I have a very similar PC and I get average 40 fps... roughly 15 on a 25man raid. I use 1024x768 as other people suggested to you, and most settings are at least on medium. What I would suggest is that you go to your video card's settings and set them to performance, turn off anti aliasing, turn off v-sync... in general set it up on the fastest mode. Also, your UI may be lagging you somewhat... Heavier UI = better cpu (the slower your PC is the more you notice that). You can try turning all your addons off just to see how many fps you get, and if they are part of the problem you can look for lighter alternatives.

Always keep in mind though you have to decide where is your comfort zone. 1024x768 looks too ugly ? Can't live without correct shadowing on objects ? Well guess what, you're gonna have to upgrade your video card. Like those high resolution textures ? You're gonna need more memory. You really like those super heavy addons ? Your cpu becomes that much more important.

By the way, if you have the CPU I think you do you're gonna have to buy a new computer pretty much... If I got it right you are using an AGP video card, the better video cards use a new socket type... the motherboards (where you plug your video card) that do have that socket also have different sockets for memory and CPU, meaning your current CPU and memory won't work with it... they won't fit the socket.

Quote Originally Posted by perera
    I have a very similar PC and I get average 40 fps... roughly 15 on a 25man raid. I use 1024x768 as other people suggested to you, and most settings are at least on medium. What I would suggest is that you go to your video card's settings and set them to performance, turn off anti aliasing, turn off v-sync... in general set it up on the fastest mode. Also, your UI may be lagging you somewhat... Heavier UI = better cpu (the slower your PC is the more you notice that). You can try turning all your addons off just to see how many fps you get, and if they are part of the problem you can look for lighter alternatives.

Always keep in mind though you have to decide where is your comfort zone. 1024x768 looks too ugly ? Can't live without correct shadowing on objects ? Well guess what, you're gonna have to upgrade your video card. Like those high resolution textures ? You're gonna need more memory. You really like those super heavy addons ? Your cpu becomes that much more important.

By the way, if you have the CPU I think you do you're gonna have to buy a new computer pretty much... If I got it right you are using an AGP video card, the better video cards use a new socket type... the motherboards (where you plug your video card) that do have that socket also have different sockets for memory and CPU, meaning your current CPU and memory won't work with it... they won't fit the socket.
    So if would buy new cpu i would have to buy new motherboard aswell? if i have "that" cpu. Btw my motherboard is asus p5RD1-v

Yeah, you would have to buy a new motherboard, a new cpu, a new video card and new memory at once. And I know it sucks, it's why I still have this PC around

update: You're ok, you don't have 'that' pc. Your PC is newer, has the newer sockets... you can just upgrade your video card if that is what you wanna do.

This is your motherboard.

Quote Originally Posted by perera
    Yeah, you would have to buy a new motherboard, a new cpu, a new video card and new memory at once. And I know it sucks, it's why I still have this PC around

update: You're ok, you don't have 'that' pc. Your PC is newer, has the newer sockets... you can just upgrade your video card if that is what you wanna do.

This is your motherboard.
    Well good to hear that ^^ thanks for letting me know it. anyway still like to here people thought about decent cpu 100-150euro

Deleted

I think there are forums out there that are special made for what pc is good enof to have an decent fps and what pc is needed to have best fps out there.

If you google 5-10 mins you will most likely find some proffesional tips. (stay away from online chopping sites, they just recommend there own pcs :P)

Buy a new and expensive computer that's easy,

Here i have some advice you can do that's help your fps :

+ Solution to cool down your computer
    + When the graphic card and the CPU in high heat they reduce the performance.
    + You should clean up your computer fan, and cpu fan.
    + Place your PC to somewhere not too hot.
    + Buy an air filter machine so they filter the dust in your room, keep your room clean and healthy.
    + Get some extra cheap computer fan, to blow the heat out, (not blow air in)
    + Use this soft ware to clean up your pc
    http://www.auslogics.com/

Enjoy hope this will help