Enhancement question; Might be stupid

Since we got a priority list, that tops lightning bolt as nr 1... And we need maelstrom to pull that off... And maelstrom procs on hits, why aren't we then using the fastest melee weapons implemented, for also better WF procs, and thereby FAR many more lightning bolts?

Do tell, i wanna know.
    Syobon action-cat for secret last boss in WotLK!

Re: Enhancement question; Might be stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Asrial
    Since we got a priority list, that tops lightning bolt as nr 1... And we need maelstrom to pull that off... And maelstrom procs on hits, why aren't we then using the fastest melee weapons implemented, for also better WF procs, and thereby FAR many more lightning bolts?

Do tell, i wanna know.
    Maelstrom is a PPM and is normalized for weapon speed.

The loss of Stormstrike, lava lash, melee, windfury, and flametonuge damage from using fast weapons would likely far surpass any gains from MSW even if it wasn't a ppm.

Also I don't understand ur meaning of "better WF procs" from faster weapons. That is counter-intuitive.

You're idea is wrong, though, and wouldn't work.
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

Quote Originally Posted by Shaamwow
    Maelstrom is a PPM and is normalized for weapon speed.

The loss of Stormstrike, lava lash, melee, windfury, and flametonuge damage from using fast weapons would likely far surpass any gains from MSW even if it wasn't a ppm.

Also I don't understand ur meaning of "better WF procs" from faster weapons. That is counter-intuitive.

You're idea is wrong, though, and wouldn't work.
    The damage your weapon-based special attacks deal is based on the damage range of the weapon.
    Here is an (exaggerated) example of why slow is better.

Two 100 DPS weapons:

Weapon 1
    Damage 100 Speed 1
    100 DPS

Weapon 2
    Damage 1000 Speed 10
    100 DPS

Windfury with Weapon 1 deals it's modified damage based on the weapon's damage of 100. With weapon 2, it's based off the weapon's damage of 1000.
    This is oversimplified for the sake of brevity, but it gets the point across.

Edit: It's also worth mentioning that Windfury Weapon has an internal cooldown of 3 seconds, so regardess of how many times you hit during a 3 second interval, you will only get one Windfury proc at most. Therefore increased weapon speed has virtually no noticeable increase in the number of procs you get.

Edit2: Just wanted to clarify that I quoted Shaamwow to expand on what he was saying.

the only way to really get more malestorm procs is to get 4pc t8. Blizz designed enhance to use 2 slow weapons (then didnt provide dick for variety!).
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Asrial
    for also better WF procs,
    I suggest you go back to your huntard. I hear things are simple over there.

No point in repeating what people said already but I just want to add something, lightning bolt is our nº on priority when it comes to what ability to use and it's due to the fact that if you don't unload it as soon as you get the 5th stack, your just letting potential new stacks go to waste because if you look at damage meters you'll actually find out that on most cases nr1 source of damage is melee swing, then comes WF and only then comes lightning bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Kduruh
    No point in repeating what people said already but I just want to add something, lightning bolt is our nº on priority when it comes to what ability to use and it's due to the fact that if you don't unload it as soon as you get the 5th stack, your just letting potential new stacks go to waste because if you look at damage meters you'll actually find out that on most cases nr1 source of damage is melee swing, then comes WF and only then comes lightning bolt
    Once you get that 4 piece bonus from T8 it goes Melee, LB, WF. Its just amazing how much faster you get MW stacks with that bonus.

Windfury hits harder with a slower weapon.

Maelstrom's PPM stacks faster with a slower weapon.

Slower weapons are better.

Windfury Hits harder with slower weapons.

Windfury has a 3 second internal cooldown, so there is a lot of wasted DPS going on with fast weapons.

Maelstrom is PPM and stacks just as well with a slower weapon auto attacking but w/ SS and LL it procs better.

And yes, the t8 4 set makes a world of difference, on bosses I find myself actually MISSING Maelstrom stacks because it procs so often with the bonus
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara