Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Patch 3.2 Pre-download, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2
    Dude, is it for real that a bubbled paladin (divine shield) can burst you down with -50% dmg? Looks like the unskilled faceroller isn't the paladin...
    They don't burst me down, but they do take my health down.

The problem, Vanish, is that hunters find it impossible to stay in rage, and maybe you'd know that if you played a hunt.

Vs a warrior, I get charged, wing clipped, and stunned. If I use disengage and drop a trap, most of the time my useless traps get resisted and I'm back in range because the warrior charged me again after switching to beserker stance. Paladins find a way to keep me stunned, even if I pop my trinket. Rogues aren't as much of a problem, but I can't get out of ranged if I'm stunned, and if I escape out of that, I have crippling poison on. I attack them, they cloak of shadows and vanish after I disengage, and wind up behind me again.

So yes, hunters are easy to kill in melee, but the problem is that it's impossible for us to stay in range and we're sitting ducks. Ghostcrawler has admitted that Blizzard is very unhappy with the way hunters are at the moment, and there's a REASON behind that, not just because hunters need to L2P. Keep in mind I have a full PvP set, fully gemmed, and 600 resilience just for battlegrounds, and it doesn't make a difference against melee. We have a million gimmicky skills, and not much that saves our ass. Hunters are easy to kill to basically any class, and it should not be that way.

And paladins are overpowered, and there's no way you can argue otherwise. With bubble, their incredible bursts, heals, wearing plate, AND having stuns, you know it's instant death for us. Not to mention in battlegrounds they have lay on hands, so there goes any hopes I had of winning.

TL;DR Paladins are in denial if they think they're balanced, even WITH the recent minor nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Because, to quote Ghostcrawler, "it would feel like you were playing two different games".

Too bad 99% of the community WANTS THAT.
    sooner or later people is going to learn, maybe blizzard will learn in 2 years from now that Ghostcrawler is the biggest idiot walking the planet right now.

He makes Kalgan look intelligent and to the point things would be better to have him back.

I hope Blizz is not planning to release 3.2 within the next month or so, that would indicate the end of Arena season which seems like it just got started.

The problem with blizzard is they dont give people time to do shit, they release other crap in which you need to pick up on that and put down the other stuff.

They might not like it, but what they seriously need to do is have totally separate talent trees for pve and pvp. Then they can balance the pve talent trees with the pve aspect of the game and balance the pvp talent trees with the pvp aspect of the game. When you enter an arena, BG or WG you automatically switch to your pvp talent trees, there would be no using pve talent trees for pvp. They can share similar talents, but the damage and how they work would be different for all 3 trees.

For example a DK's frost strike in pve would keep the can't be dodged,parried effect, but obviously in pvp this leads to some nasty unavoidable hits. So for pvp talent trees lower the damage and take off the unavoidable part.

This way you could really balance and fine tune the talents without making a class OP in pve or pvp. When will they realize you can't balance apples and oranges?

I think this would make both sides happy. PvPers would get their balance and not want nerfs for pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbadon
    They might not like it, but what they seriously need to do is have totally separate talent trees for pve and pvp. Then they can balance the pve talent trees with the pve aspect of the game and balance the pvp talent trees with the pvp aspect of the game. When you enter an arena, BG or WG you automatically switch to your pvp talent trees, there would be no using pve talent trees for pvp. They can share similar talents, but the damage and how they work would be different for all 3 trees.

For example a DK's frost strike in pve would keep the can't be dodged,parried effect, but obviously in pvp this leads to some nasty unavoidable hits. So for pvp talent trees lower the damage and take off the unavoidable part.

This way you could really balance and fine tune the talents without making a class OP in pve or pvp. When will they realize you can't balance apples and oranges?

I think this would make both sides happy. PvPers would get their balance and not want nerfs for pve.
    What I been suggesting for about 2 years is to have 2 talent specs, one PVE and one PVP.

BUT! To have 2 tabs or more of gear, 1 tab would consist of PVP gear not to be used in PVE gear tab, and you can see what I am suggesting.

I think Vanguard had a similar setup, but Blizzard likes to ignore any good suggestion and listen to bad ones, look who they hire to work on crap, its people who were failures in previous games.

Quote Originally Posted by peknoman
    and i am an angry mage, a blance druid should not have the same convenient spell that of a mage. the big advantage of a druid is to be able to cover every role in the same time, even if he's not spec for it he still has efffiency to cover it. if an hybrid spec can equal a pure without using any of his hybrid fonction, that's screwed up
    Eugh... >.< Yeah cuz a resto drood can just pop to cat form and do great damage can't they?

They do NOT have the efficiency to cover multiple roles apart from maybe balance doing a tad off healing, but that requires shifting out of moonkin, which means taking heavy damage.

So yeah. We can't simply cover all 3 specs like that.

Imo Balance druids need a nice CC a bit like the Dk one where it chains and slows enemies with X range and then slows them for Y seconds. Nice and easy give it a biggish CD so it's like a CD you can really pop when things get a bit troublesome.

Then give us a nice Channeled spell which does extra damage with a Dot applied. IS + More insect like a big insect LASER BEAM!

A bit more CC for those OH SHIT! Moments. And then a nice bit of damage to avoid our RNG crap, and spamming wrath just uses too much mana and it gets rather boring.

Making our PvP prio list:

DoT - Channeled spell - Wrath til the DoT needs reapplying

repeat adding CC and a SF everytime you need to give a spot of bigger damage, say your enemy is CC'd and you can blast of 2 SF's before they're free again.

Defo make it more interesting for me. Atm I play resto in Arena just so I can actually do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotica
    Some of us have been suggesting this for over 4 years now =)
    No because PVP never got started until about mid 2005 and PVP gear came in later I think.

No one really started suggesting such a thing until Vanguard came out.

Jektar

Quote Originally Posted by Baever
    Balancing PvP, in a PvE game.
    Considering wow had no pvp except ganking in pvp servers or dueling way back when. I feel you on that, but blizzard is going the direction what gets them the most $$$.

10+ Year Old Account

Available on EU now.