Warlock aoe leveling mobs

Hi everyone!

I'm currently leveling a warlock alt (its 74 atm) and I'm wondering if anyone knows of good spots for aoe leveling (well more specificly dotting then waiting for things to die leveling).

I'm after something like the Rhino mob packs in BT (they don't have to be yellow though).

I've been serching for packs like this but I've not been able to find much... I think there are similar packs in storm peaks but I don't think I can kill 80's yet.

Thanks for any help you can give me,
    Cheers!

Re: Warlock aoe leveling mobs

this probably doesnt help but from 71-73 i grinded on the herds of shoveltusks in howling fjord with my lock and averaged like 1.5 hrs per level.

QUESTS MANG

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-793881.jpg
    Farming Resist Sets & Attunements > Instance Gating

15+ Year Old Account

aoe for a warlock is extremely inefficient because there is no benefit from casting Rain of Fire or Seed of Corruption. Rain of fire doesn't do jack for damage before the mobs start beating on you.

For seed to be viable, you need to have 5+ mobs, because:
    1) It doesn't damage the primary target
    2) The cost is like 1400 mana, but pops for ~2k or so, which is half a corruption. Corruption = 600 mana / 2 = 300 mana per target x 4 targets (doesnt damage primary target) = 1200 mana, which is still a bit costly but close enough to justify casting.
    3) Seeds dont pop other seeds anymore

That last change went in to keep warlocks alive in raids. Seed seed seed HOLY SHIT AGGRO FROM EVERYTHING.

Your best bet is to double dot everything in sight and rain of fire or shadowflame the pack.

R.I.P. YARG

I know questing would probably be quicker, this will also be my 7th 80 so I'm pretty sick of doing the same quests/zones.

What I did while I was grinding rhino's was cast CoA and corruption on them and run around getting more mobs, my girlfriend is kind enough to heal me so death/mobs hitting me isn't a problem.

I'm just looking for a spot around 74-75 level mobs that I can pretty much keep running around casting my 2 dots for a hour without stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by massacrre
    this probably doesnt help but from 71-73 i grinded on the herds of shoveltusks in howling fjord with my lock and averaged like 1.5 hrs per level.
    What build? i just recently started playing again and ive been questing for over 3 hours and im just over half way to 71

im thinking about grinding to 80 but it gets kind of boring.. but would be nice to lvl every 1.5 hours instead of every 3-4 hours

15+ Year Old Account

There are three locations for you:

1) Just about everywhere in Sholazar. The area is big enough to support this kind of farming.
    2) The trolls East of Westfall Brigade Encampment. They respawn fast enough and if you get bored of farming Humanoids you can go a bit south and farm those fucked up elk and worgen instead.
    3) Scarlet Onslaught N of Naxxramas. Large groups of 6-12, 6-12 times. By the time you recover from the last one, the first should have respawned. Be careful of the charging ones tho :P

By the way, #2, with a pocket healer, was how the world first 80 was a warlock, spec'd 21/41/0. The spawn rate has been nerfed however, but is still viable providing you switch to the worgen now and then.

R.I.P. YARG

I tried the 2nd location you've said, I got the idea from the world first 80 aswell but found those mobs don't give xp (or they didn't when I was killing them a few days ago) might be a bug?

thanks for all the help! I think i'll venture into SB at 75!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mrshoe
    I tried the 2nd location you've said, I got the idea from the world first 80 aswell but found those mobs don't give xp (or they didn't when I was killing them a few days ago) might be a bug?

thanks for all the help! I think i'll venture into SB at 75!
    I wouldn't blame Blizzard for simply turning off xp on these mobs if you aren't on the quest or something. How do you stop powerleveling on one group of mobs without completely fucking the people who actually want to do the quest?

SB at 75 might be a bit much for you, since most of the mobs are 76-77. If you have dungeon gear (blues) you should be fine, but I might recommend going back and farming other mobs.

I haven't seen the respawn rate, but there is a worgen/deer area north of the horde town in grizzly hills that might work. Or perhaps one of the troll areas near the crashed Necropolis in Zul'drak.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin

That last change went in to keep warlocks alive in raids. Seed seed seed HOLY SHIT AGGRO FROM EVERYTHING.
    ^ untrue. Not sure where you got this info. Seeds certainly still pop other seeds.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by warlock_alt
    ^ untrue. Not sure where you got this info. Seeds certainly still pop other seeds.
    Personal experience in ulduar/naxx. Seed one target, seed the tanks target. Tanks target explodes instantly doing 3k damage to everything around, tab back to first target, seed is still up.

I'm the only warlock in the raid.
    The target took the full 3k damage, I checked.

OTHER warlocks seeds pop yours, and you pop theirs. But yours no longer pop yours.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    aoe for a warlock is extremely inefficient because there is no benefit from casting Rain of Fire or Seed of Corruption. Rain of fire doesn't do jack for damage before the mobs start beating on you.

For seed to be viable, you need to have 5+ mobs, because:
    1) It doesn't damage the primary target
    2) The cost is like 1400 mana, but pops for ~2k or so, which is half a corruption. Corruption = 600 mana / 2 = 300 mana per target x 4 targets (doesnt damage primary target) = 1200 mana, which is still a bit costly but close enough to justify casting.

Your best bet is to double dot everything in sight and rain of fire or shadowflame the pack.

But warlock aoe leveling is all about felguard /siphon life build. You put corruption + coa on like we say 10 mobs and then shadowflame when they re all near you and drain life one of them while lolguard attacks them to keep your self alive and full mana health to move on after they die.