Reduced crit-chance on ravage?

Hey folks.

I was messing around on my dailies-tour and decided to see what i could push my Ravage-crit up to. But Alas - with 47% crit chance you'd assume at least every third ravage was a crit - in theory.

That was not the case however.. It was in fact closer to every 5th or 6th ravage. Grew tired of it pretty quickly as i thought it was maybe an undiscovered bug in an ability seldom used against no other targets than sitting clothies. I never once got 2 ravage crits "in a row" if you digg.

Either the above bug or just a cause of longlasting bad luck on rng-rolls??
    Did test this for approx 1 hour in 3 days in a row and all seemed to match the 5th / 6th ravage-hits before a crit. What do you guys think?

Have anyone else experienced this or have i missed a note with an official statement of reduced critchance to ravage?

Marone out.

me : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...onmaw&n=Marone

Re: Reduced crit-chance on ravage?

My first thought would be, what are you testing on?

If you're doing that on equal-level mobs or the heroic training dummy, your results will change. If you really are testing on the heroic dummy, then not being hit-capped + exp-capped will drop your crit chance a bit.

But most importantly, RNG is RNG. Depending on the size of your sample, you'll get varied results. Give us an idea of what numbers you're talking about. Easy with Recount, how many Ravages and how many of them were crits.

hi

yeah i forgot to say my recount is screwed up somehow. I got the latest version but i cant get the details up (left clicking). If anyone knows how to correct this please let me know as this would clearify it like above poster says.

I tested it on equal level mobs in IC - the daily q where you have to nail some vrykul and plant a sword upright on their corpse. You get Knight of the ebon blade rep from it. Havent tested on a dummy though.

Edit: Numbers.. - Think you have to plant 10-14 swords on corpses - but all 3 days i was doing it, i killed about 20 mobs and was opening with ravage on nearly all of them just to test this out. Its not an extensive test for sure but then again - its not a vital ability either. That, and impatience on my behalf led to lack of thorough testing. Dont know if this help you, Selverein?

I had that before, it was to do with the dialog being offscreen, go into settings and find the reset window position option.

That should sort you out.

Half man, Half amazin'.

Quote Originally Posted by pestra
    I had that before, it was to do with the dialog being offscreen, go into settings and find the reset window position option.

That should sort you out.
    I goddamn love you! Thx man

Like the above poster said already.. RNG is RNG i seldom use ravage myself maybe here and there in pvp vs a mage or something knowing they would just blink out of pounce. To really "try" and see how big you can crit is going to be a waste casue you would have to stop get ooc and try again =/

Quote Originally Posted by Rìght
    Like the above poster said already.. RNG is RNG i seldom use ravage myself maybe here and there in pvp vs a mage or something knowing they would just blink out of pounce. To really "try" and see how big you can crit is going to be a waste casue you would have to stop get ooc and try again =/
    It's a game - it's self-amusement - not a job I wouldn't call it a "waste" at any stretch.

But thanks to Pestra i might solve this myself.

When in Doubt, Pounce and shred.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    When in Doubt, Pounce and shred.
    mmkay - No offense dude, but did you read the opening post?

this topic is not about rotation, priority, dps nor gear - it's about a possible bug or a bad case of rng on a rarely used ability which is long since dead and buried.

Keep it on track please.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauly
    mmkay - No offense dude, but did you read the opening post?

this topic is not about rotation, priority, dps nor gear - it's about a possible bug or a bad case of rng on a rarely used ability which is long since dead and buried.

Keep it on track please.
    Its an alternative solution is all. My Ravage almost always crits lol, it seldom does not. What is your crit chance?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Selverein
    If you're doing that on equal-level mobs or the heroic training dummy, your results will change. If you really are testing on the heroic dummy, then not being hit-capped + exp-capped will drop your crit chance a bit.
    why do ppl always think u get less crits if u got lower chance to acutaly hit ?

the attack table looks like this:
    Miss
    Dodge
    Parry
    Glancing Blow*
    Block
    Critical hit
    Ordinary hit

so if u have a high chance to miss and to get dodges / aprried the first thing u knok off the table are your ordinay hits not the crits
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I remember something like :
    Ordinary hit isnt on the hit table , its the result of substracting the total sum of the values on the hit table from 100 orsomething
    i'l have a look on elitsitjerks to see if i can find the hit table thay once posted in their warrior section somewhere

[ nvm . thay removed it ]

Every melee attack (except for yellow-damage special attacks dealt by players, as described in the next section) has a chance to miss, to be dodged, to be parried, to be blocked, to be a glancing blow, to be a critical, and to be a crushing blow. Anything left over is an ordinary hit.

Let's take an example from wowhead..

Elliot the Rogue is level 80, and is attacking a boss mob along with the rest of his raid group. He has stocked up on all sorts of +Crit Rating gear, so his crit chance against the boss mob is a whopping 30%. His Weapon Skill is fully trained up to 400, but he didn't bring any +Hit Rating or +Expertise Rating gear with him, nor does he have the Precision or Weapon Expertise talents; so the base chance for his attacks against a boss to Miss is 8%, the base chance for the same attacks to be Parried is 10% (against some bosses, even higher!), and the base chance for the same attacks to be Dodged and be Blocked are 6.5% each. Since he is dual-wielding, he incurs an additional +19% miss chance on every autoattack swing; his total miss chance against a boss mob is 27%. Furthermore, he has a fixed 24% chance of glancing blows against bosses. When he attacks the boss mob from the front with a white-damage auto-attack, Elliot's attack table looks like this.

Miss 27.00%
    Dodge 6.50%
    Parry 10.00%
    Glancing Blow 24.00%
    Block 6.50%
    Critical hit 26.00%
    Crushing Blow 0%
    Ordinary hit 0%

Thar you go. Less hit = less crit. But Elunedra is right, it takes from your ordinary hits FIRST. Just in extreme cases will it actually reduce your crit.

Test over a few hundred mobs your level and I think you'll find your Ravage crit rate to be around about... 47%.

20 mobs is too small a sample date.

In short, RNG > Us all

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Myrt
    Miss 27.00%
    Dodge 6.50%
    Parry 10.00%
    Glancing Blow 24.00%
    Block 6.50%
    Critical hit 26.00%
    Crushing Blow 0%
    Ordinary hit 0%

Thar you go. Less hit = less crit. But Elunedra is right, it takes from your ordinary hits FIRST. Just in extreme cases will it actually reduce your crit.
    This is a pretty ridiculous example for a druid. We'll never have 27% miss, since we don't dual wield -- only 8%. Special attacks can't be glancing blows, that's another chunk gone. Assume we're attacking from behind like a good dpser, and there's no parry or block to worry about. Finally, players can't crushing blow.

So now our table looks like:

Miss 8%
    Dodge 6.5%
    Critical hit X%
    Ordinary hit (100-8-6.5-X)%

So if you really have 0 hit, 0 expertise, and > 85.5% crit... yes, you're losing crit due to lack of hit/expertise. I don't believe it will ever happen.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    So now our table looks like:

Miss 8%
    Dodge 6.5%
    Critical hit X%
    Ordinary hit (100-8-6.5-X)%

So if you really have 0 hit, 0 expertise, and > 85.5% crit... yes, you're losing crit due to lack of hit/expertise. I don't believe it will ever happen.
    yeh i was a bit harsh on my post but this what i meant ravage is laso done from behind so the chance the above posted lost crit due to less hit / exp is close to 0 ^^
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE