Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 26 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Warlock UIs

My recommendation is to get rid of the redundancy and get rid of the things that don't bring valuable information.

Why have spell timers when you can already display buffs/debuffs?
    Exactly - why do that? You only need one or the other, not both. If you have power auras telling you the CD on things, what does Forte do for you?

Irrelevant. I could put 10 different ranks of corruption and the interface would still look exactly the same. If i want to monitor CDs. there are plenty of options available.
    My point was - why are those buttons showing at all, not what is on the buttons. The only one of those buttons that is giving you information is the CoD button because that spell has a cooldown, none of the other buttons give you any information at all.

Im not trying to be a dick, just trying to offer suggestions about how you could clean up your UI. Maybe I wasn't totally clear about that in my first point, but the bottom line is that you have a lot of redundancy and several UI elements that aren't contributing useful information.

Quote Originally Posted by asparagus
    Power Aura is customized by me for specific information I need during combat (does not display OOC).
    In this case, I asked specifically about backdraft for a reason. During combat, have you ever changed made a decision based on the fact that backdraft is up or not? The only time I can think of where that would be an issue is if immo is about to fall off but a backdrafted immo would clip the last tick. But if that is the case, it means that one of you last two spells was conflag so you know for a fact that backdraft is up without needing the poweraura event to tell you.

edit: I see an experience bar on your screen so I suppose you might want to know if backdraft is still up so you can rush to a new mob and blow it up while leveling. But once you start spending the vast majority of your time in dungeons and raids, I think you will find that having that poweraura is information you simply don't need.

Exactly - why do that? You only need one or the other, not both. If you have power auras telling you the CD on things, what does Forte do for you?
    Power auras is just a fancy name for enlarged action bar which I've set up for immolate, conflag and CB. I need it mainly for the debuff. If I had set up an action bar/aura for all CD things then yeah, I won't need Forte.

Quote Originally Posted by Merckx
    My point was - why are those buttons showing at all, not what is on the buttons. The only one of those buttons that is giving you information is the CoD button because that spell has a cooldown, none of the other buttons give you any information at all.

Im not trying to be a dick, just trying to offer suggestions about how you could clean up your UI. Maybe I wasn't totally clear about that in my first point, but the bottom line is that you have a lot of redundancy and several UI elements that aren't contributing useful information.
    In this case, I asked specifically about backdraft for a reason. During combat, have you ever changed made a decision based on the fact that backdraft is up or not? The only time I can think of where that would be an issue is if immo is about to fall off but a backdrafted immo would clip the last tick. But if that is the case, it means that one of you last two spells was conflag so you know for a fact that backdraft is up without needing the poweraura event to tell you.
    The action bar is there basically for non-binded keys. I can't possibly bind every ability and i need to put them some where. Destro locks in general are not particularly reliant on CDs (excluding conflag, CB) so I'm happy with just Forte. When I play other toons I do make a point of putting important CD abilities on the action bar (eg heroism, hysteria) as well.

Point taken on the character frame duplication on the HUD. Still looking for a standalone solution. I didn't like xperl, pitbull and some other unitframes that I've tried. On the issue of backdraft, yes I will remove it. I initially thought it lasted the full 15 secs.

It's almost a really nice UI. I say almost because you did a good job of creating a lot of open space in the middle of the screen and then you filled that space with a big ugly power auras event and some scrolling combat text. I can't tell what exactly that power auras alert is for, but it better be incredibly important to take up the best piece of screen real estate - dead center. The scrolling combat text issues are the same as I described above - have you ever made a decision in combat based on knowing how much your last incinerate hit for? If the answer is no (as it ought to be), then you can safely get rid of that information.
    Answer to Power Auras

I use power Aura to show me certain things yes. I have changed it a little since I posted those pictures, since it was the first time for me to really use Power Aura. I've made the pop ups a lot smaller. I've got power aura for things like: Hand of Protection, Blessing of Protection, Hand of Salvation, Power Infusions, Tricks of the Trade, Aggro, Low Health, Low Mana, Eradication, When a mob hits bellow 25%, Empowered Imp, etc.

I prefer using Power Aura to show me when these things pop up rather than having to look at buffs/debuffs/omen. Keeping my eye on my surroundings helps me keep on my toes and means my reflexes will be faster and I can handle certain situations faster. I prefer to have those textures pop up right on top of me because occasionally I need to raid lead where I have to tell people what to do and when to do it because they're too busy/stupid to notice it on their own, and then my eyes end up elsewhere (example, keeping an eye on people who need extra healing/decurses, needing to call for hero, telling people to move, warning them when they dont notice something, calling for battle rezes etc), and then also keep an eye out on my personal job as a DPSer/Kiter. It just takes a lot off my hands when I have a sound play + have a large icon tell me when something happens to me so I can react much faster, and not even have to think about it.

Answer to Scrolling Combat Text

As for the Scrolling Combat Text. Yeah, I prefer to have it up there. As you've noticed the font is quite small. It's only the crit that stands out, and even that is small. I took screen shots specifically that showed A LOT of combat text. Thats as much as I'll ever get at any given point. Including crits + AoE. A lot of the time theres hardly any text on the screen at all. When I get home and switch to my desktop, I could probably find a screen shot of what it would normally look like, or maybe upload a video of a raid boss so you can see how often there is very little text crowding the screen. And I do wish to know when I crit and how much my incinerate hits for. Then I can see if my spells are immune, being reflected, doing less damage, or being absorbed, and can react fast to either attack another mob or stop DPSing. Also, I like to see my crits up there, because most of the time, if I start a fight, and crit on all of my opening attacks, I KNOW I will over aggro, and if I see the first three crit, and omen doesn't catch up fast enough, I know I'll be ready to either teleport and hope the tank can taunt fast enough, or use a soul shatter.

Having my text up also helps me know if I'm putting down my RoF in the right place, because often times a tank will try to position the mobs, or have to move them, and its hard to tell whether or not he/she has moved them out of line with my RoF. When I have my text up, I can tell much fast and readjust. Also, it helps me know when my SoC has gone off, whether or not its hitting multiple targets, and whether its going off fast enough (meaning i need to either apply it to another mob, or start single target DPSing).

I also tend to be an air head from time to time, and will come to a raid after farming raiding mats, and will have forgotten to change equipment. Means I'll start DPSing with my fishing pole/hat or something stupid like that, and having the text up will let me know if I am, because I notice my damage is a lot lower than it should be :P Also, I play affliction/destruction. Both specs have different hit caps, meaning i have some hit gear in my bags. When I raid, I always look for a drenai + a shadow priest. When I have both in raid, it means I can raid with my haste gear. When I don't, it means I need to put on my hit gear. Sometimes I'm distracted, and forget to look at who's in the raid, or maybe someone who joins as a Shadow Priest is asked to switch to Discipline/Holy, and they do it without me noticing. This normally leads me to occasionally miss my target. Seeing that 'miss' in my scrolling combat text allows me to go: Oh shit, not enough hit, check out the raid set up, and adjust properly to it before the next encounter.

-

All in all, what I'm trying to say is, yes, I prefer to have a clean and simple UI, where I have tons of screen space. But first and foremost comes my ability to play, and to play well. I prefer being able to react to situations quickly and have it shoved right in front of my eyes, instead of having to scan my screen to see whether or not this or that is happening. I tried my best at making a UI that would do that and I think that all in all I was able to get quite a lot of screen space, and still react to situations quickly. =) When I get home I'll post a screen shot of what it normally looks like when I'm just targeting the boss and maybe one where I get buff so you can see how little the combat text is + how small the power aura icons are.

But thank you kindly for responding to the topic and saying that I did an ok job at making a UI. I appreciate the response a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by asparagus
    Power auras is just a fancy name for enlarged action bar which I've set up for immolate, conflag and CB. I need it mainly for the debuff. If I had set up an action bar/aura for all CD things then yeah, I won't need Forte.
    Then reverse the question. Forte shows all the debuffs and CDs, so what does powerauras do that Forte isn't doing? You simply don't need both.

The action bar is there basically for non-binded keys. I can't possibly bind every ability and i need to put them some where. Destro locks in general are not particularly reliant on CDs (excluding conflag, CB) so I'm happy with just Forte. When I play other toons I do make a point of putting important CD abilities on the action bar (eg heroism, hysteria) as well.
    The buttons on that action bar ARE bound already to numbers. If you click, then by all means, keep the action bar showing, but if you are not a clicker, then there is no reason to have it.

Point taken on the character frame duplication on the HUD. Still looking for a standalone solution. I didn't like xperl, pitbull and some other unitframes that I've tried.
    Try looking through the ouf setups on wowinterface.com. There are a lot of them and the reason is that they do not have an in game GUI. So all changes are made by modifying the .lua file. I personally couldn't program an addon if my life depended on it, but I can browse through a .lua file and figure out what to change in order to move the unit frames around or change their scale. If you see an ouf layout you like and there is some small change you want to make, read through the comments section and maybe someone already asked how to do it, or browse the .lua and try to figure it out. Or just keep looking until you find someone who has already done exactly what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzieboo
    lots of stuff
    If you are raid leading, DBM is the most important element of your UI. While you are raid leading, you are also DPSing which makes your CDs and your dot timers the second most important element of your UI. Just looking at your UI, it seems like your eyes will spend the vast majority of their time on the bottom half of the screen - your cast bar is there, DBM is there, omen is there, your health and mana is there and your CDs are there. So if you really think that powerauras is important to your play, then you should move it down and to the left. I would put it just to the right of the DBM timers so that you can't miss it as your eyes switch from the DBM timers to your CDs.

Having all that information is nice, having it placed where you can't miss it is better. In my UI (I linked a short video a couple pages back) I placed the information that I find to be important near the center of my screen, which is why whenever I see someone put useless/less useful info in the center of their UI, I immediately go 'ewwwww'. But your UI has the important info concentrated at the bottom of the screen which means that you, necessarily, place less value on info that goes in the center, so having things like powerauras for some ho-hum event, or scrolling combat text, isn't really a big deal because your eyes don't spend a lot of time in the center of your screen. So, if you really think that powerauras stuff is important, then its in the wrong place.

Also, just looking at your buffs, it seems like there is an addon that is using way too much memory (any at all) considering how much time your eyes probably spend on that part of the screen (very nearly zero).

If you are raid leading, DBM is the most important element of your UI. While you are raid leading, you are also DPSing which makes your CDs and your dot timers the second most important element of your UI. Just looking at your UI, it seems like your eyes will spend the vast majority of their time on the bottom half of the screen - your cast bar is there, DBM is there, omen is there, your health and mana is there and your CDs are there. So if you really think that powerauras is important to your play, then you should move it down and to the left. I would put it just to the right of the DBM timers so that you can't miss it as your eyes switch from the DBM timers to your CDs.

Having all that information is nice, having it placed where you can't miss it is better. In my UI (I linked a short video a couple pages back) I placed the information that I find to be important near the center of my screen, which is why whenever I see someone put useless/less useful info in the center of their UI, I immediately go 'ewwwww'. But your UI has the important info concentrated at the bottom of the screen which means that you, necessarily, place less value on info that goes in the center, so having things like powerauras for some ho-hum event, or scrolling combat text, isn't really a big deal because your eyes don't spend a lot of time in the center of your screen. So, if you really think that powerauras stuff is important, then its in the wrong place.

Also, just looking at your buffs, it seems like there is an addon that is using way too much memory (any at all) considering how much time your eyes probably spend on that part of the screen (very nearly zero).
    Not really, I don't focus my eyes on the bottom part of my screen. I keep my eyes moving, but most probably have them mainly focused at the center of my screen. Is the reason why I made so much space for it. I look at what people are doing, I look at where my imp is, I look at how far I am from people, I look at where the poison clouds are, I look at where the boss is being moved to, I look around for void zones, or frost patches. All in all, I spend most of my time actually looking at the middle of my screen and glance down to the lower half every couple of seconds to make sure everything is still in order. I'm not always the raid leader, most of the time I'm just assisting. I only lead PUGs, in which case I do look at the bottom of my screen, but that doesn't eliminate the fact I would still have things in the middle for when I raid with my guild.

Also, I prefer using SBF for my buff display, because SBF allows you to create several frames for different buffs and debuffs. In some fights its useful if I create an extra frame, where I can choose the spells I want to be in it, so I can see them quickly and position it where I want. Besides, my computer can handle the addon usage. If it couldn't, then yes, I would probably use something more light weight. But since it can, and its useful, I will keep using it.

What my screen almost always looks like when I'm NOT AoEing, and when I don't have a Power Aura (90% - 95% of the time)

I'm new to modding and new to locks. I've got a small screen and need to save space. Two questions:

1. Do I need to see other player's buffs/debuffs on my target?
    2. What information to I need to know about my party members? I don't raid (yet), but I wondered if I could save space on my screen by cutting them down to just a name and health bar, or by using Grid.

Thanks. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question. Couldn't see anywhere better. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Necrodancer
    I'm new to modding and new to locks. I've got a small screen and need to save space. Two questions:

1. Do I need to see other player's buffs/debuffs on my target?
    2. What information to I need to know about my party members? I don't raid (yet), but I wondered if I could save space on my screen by cutting them down to just a name and health bar, or by using Grid.

Thanks. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question. Couldn't see anywhere better. :P
    1. Is up to you. As a lock I don't usually care to see others buffs/debuffs, but if I'm raid leading or whatever, then I do like to see them. So if i was just DPSing by myself, I would only like to see my debuffs (but thats pretty much done by keeping check on your spells/dots).

2. Once again, depends if you're just going to DPS, or if you're going to help with leading/assisting. If you're just going to DPS, you don't really need to know that much about the raid group, since you can't heal/decurse/remove poisons/or taunt mobs. So, you don't really need to see anything, and most like you'll know when to wipe because everyone else is dead. But if you are planning on assisting, or knowing the raid composition, its nice to have an addon that shows your raid/party members. But if you don't want an addon for that, you can just open up your raid browser, or ask in raid chat if there are specific classes/races. So yes, most likely you can just cut it down to name and health bar =)

Quote Originally Posted by dazzieboo
    That's great, thanks. Definitely not raid leading any time soon so I think that info can go!

For the love of Benji someone ban the phrase 'clean, simple UI'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevian
    Im curious, what addon you use to get the Diablo style hp/mana spheres?
    Roth UI
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

15+ Year Old Account

What Forte Tells me:
    1) Class specific debuffs
    2) Dot timers
    3) Cooldowns
    4) procs/trinkets

What Power Aura tells me:
    1) LIFE TAP FOR FUCKS SAKE WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITHOUT THE BUFF
    2) You have all 3 of Hodir's buffs, stop moving.
    3) You are standing in the puddle, start hitting Vezax.
    4) You have Power Infusion, remember to thank a priest
    5) Eradication is up, pay more attention to drain soul ticks to maximize the haste buff.
    6) Battle/Commanding Shout has worn off while soloing. Gawd, l2p scrub warrior.
    7) Rebuff inner fire on yourself

I stare at Forte most of the fight. Power Auras point at things I missed or need to pay attention to.

And most importantly, Power Auras makes more sense to configure (to me) - Forte is very compact and harder for me to set up right, but not impossible. Therefore single use setups (hodir buffs) I don't want to mess around in Forte for.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    *stuff*
    Regarding Forte showing procs - have you ever changed your spell rotation because your trinkets or lightweave just procced? The only time I would think something like that would matter is if it was a haste proc so you need to adjust your casting so as not to clip anything, but in that case, it would probably be better to use powerauras since it is 'louder' (which you said you do with Eradication). Forte is good for the rest of the stuff though, but information regarding procs just clutters your screen with information you don't need. (I personally just could not get it set up how I wanted and could not get used to it otherwise so I use a combination of ClassTimers and CooldownTimers instead.)

I use powerauras as well, its a good addon, but I only use it for important stuff - life tap, fel armor, spellstone and eradication. Debuffs on the boss, buffs on myself and cooldowns are all handled by other addons. The only issue I had with powerauras is when the guy a bunch of posts back had forte showing his cooldowns and powerauras showing his cooldowns - if you have more than one addon giving you the same piece of information, you have more addons than you need.

[img width=300]http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/7163/wowscrnshot121309001249.jpg[/img]

Roth UI with Recount and stuff..

EDIT: ofc, the same on my lock lol, just dont have one on that char.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

15+ Year Old Account

Regarding Forte showing procs - *stuff*
    The only time I have ever modified my rotation based on Forte proc display is when one of the following is true:
    1) I have a choice - Life Tap and refresh UA or Shadow Bolt. If it is a ~very large~ spell power buff or crit buff, I will Life Tap (even unnecessarily) then refresh UA, as I will probably need the mana later.
    2) The DK or Boomkin died early and I need Elements.
    3) I can decide whether or not I should finish my cast or if I have a few more seconds - example: decimation/backdraft proc followed immediately by running away from fire - do I have time to refresh a dot or should I use the buff NOW.

I use powerauras as well, *stuff*
    I have multiple addons showing the same thing, but not in the way you describe. For example, Pitbull shows me all buffs and debuffs on the target. However, as 100+ dots/debuffs/poisons/bleeds get applied to the target, it becomes unmanagable, even if my specific abilities are in the same spot - what if I want to see Ebon Plague? Here's my list:

1) Satrina's shows me what I have to work with before the fight starts and allows me to mouse-over buffs/debuffs during the fight, which i find very useful for understanding the fights. Otherwise I don't use it - it's sorted by duration and with the constant refresh of many abilities (Replenishment), the icon order jumps around. Conversely, if the icons are sorted Alphabetically, then I not only have to know the name of the buff I want to see but also it's Icon since the duration is no longer a secondary lookup. I also need to know the names of all buff icons so i can find the one i want faster. This just isn't going to happen. And I refuse to clutter my UI by having multiple rows of custom sorted buffs/debuffs.

2) Pitbull is my unitframes and display's the target's buffs, again for understanding the fights. It shows a few dots and debuffs, but I use it as an "activity timer" - how many people are beating on the mob? Almost empty = they're not dpsing this target, Some = there's one or two idiots not paying attention, Full = Hit This One.

3) Forte is my dot timer, proc watcher and cooldown timer. It shows debuffs that are relevant to me (Ebon Plage/Earth and Moon). That's it - everything else is disabled.

4) Power Auras is unique. Power Auras is my Idiot Proofer. All the preceding things do what it does already, and I could train myself to do it. However, during a raid I get distracted by people or phones or whispers or by trying to learn the fight in general. As such, Life Tap falls off or eradication pops but I didn't see it or I'm not 100% in the Puddle on Vezax and thus chewing my mana. I set it up specifically to remind me about things I should not need to be reminded about and I train myself to be better by not having to rely on it.

I speak openly about not using crutches when learning, but there comes a point where you just can't do any better without help. I used to be horrible at Life Tap uptime but now I'm much better, if not perfect. If I see the giant lifetap icon appear above my head, I know I just failed, but most importantly my guild's net dps does not suffer as a result, because I can immediately fix it.

For the record, I think Life Tap is a horrible glyph (mechanically) and should be purged by fire.

R.I.P. YARG

1) I have a choice - Life Tap and refresh UA or Shadow Bolt. If it is a ~very large~ spell power buff or crit buff, I will Life Tap (even unnecessarily) then refresh UA, as I will probably need the mana later.
    Are you talking about overwriting UA because of a SP or crit buff? Flare of the Heavens is the biggest SP buff I can think of off the top of my head, and I would be surprised if 850 more spellpower gives more damage than you lose from clipping an existing UA. You might be able to time it perfectly in an ideal situation, but we are talking about a scenario in which the buff is about to fall off and you want to get a new, more powerful UA up so you don't really have time to get the timing just right.

2) The DK or Boomkin died early and I need Elements.
    I certainly see the value in that, but it doesn't really relate to procs.

3) I can decide whether or not I should finish my cast or if I have a few more seconds - example: decimation/backdraft proc followed immediately by running away from fire - do I have time to refresh a dot or should I use the buff NOW.
    I wouldn't classify backdraft/decimation as procs (Programmed Random OCcurance or special procedure) since they are controlled. With that in mind, you know very well that backdraft is up because you just pushed your conflag button so do you really need forte to tell you it is up? And if you get stunned or have to move and aren't sure what the timer on backdraft is, you can usually gauge it roughly by the conflag timer. Decimation is a different story, I see the value in having that showing.

stuff about buffs
    I like the idea of using the amount of debuffs on a target as an activity timer, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like it would be more trouble than it is worth. Through ToC and ICC so far, the majority of times when you are switching targets, there is really only 1 other target to switch too. The exceptions would be anub'arak (but you are AoEing so it doesnt matter), the infernal volcano guys on Jaraxxus (but they have so little HP that if everyone but you is on a certain target, that target is going to die before you get your spells cast) and Saurfang (same thing as jaraxxus). For me personally, all the ranged dps in our raids assist on my target anyway :P

As for your own buffs and debuffs, I agree that they are pretty useless during a fight but are nice beforehand to make sure you have everything you need. Debuffs are a very big deal and understanding what they do is often the biggest part of learning a new encounter. For those reasons I have my buffs tucked way into a corner where it only show the icon and the duration but I have my debuffs in a much more central location where its hard to miss them.

3) Forte is my dot timer, proc watcher and cooldown timer. It shows debuffs that are relevant to me (Ebon Plage/Earth and Moon). That's it - everything else is disabled.
    I used to use Smarty to monitor earth and moon/ebon plaguebringer. Then I got lazy and now I just look at grid and as long as both our unholy DKs and both our moonkin are still alive, I assume that the appropriate debuffs are up.

Power Auras is my Idiot Proofer.
    The number of times fights I did without fel armor or reapplying a spellstone because I got distracted is embarrassingly high. Now I have powerauras set up to flash a big giant warning in my face whenever I am in a raid and am missing either of those buffs.

With some UI's its simply information overload - their is so much that you can't possibly digest it all. But I think that even simple UI's run into a similar problem when they start showing redundant information. When you get used to ignoring a piece of information, it becomes a lot easier to ignore other pieces of information. Using Gherkin's example in particular to demonstrate: He has a poweraura event set up for Eradication because Eradication is an important buff and will alter how/when you cast your spells. Gherkin spends most of the fight staring at Forte and his Forte is set up to show when Eradication is up. So why would you need powerauras to tell you that Eradication is up when the UI element that you spend most of the time looking at gives you a timer for it? I think the reason is that Gherkin is used to ignoring the buffs/procs shown by Forte because the majority of them are useless a majority of the time. Gherkin, presumably, spent a lot of time raiding as destro before affliction got good again and before gear levels were high enough to necessitate a demo lock and in that time, he probably got used to ignoring backdraft and pyroclasm and empowered imp and lightweave procs and trinket procs because for the majority of time in the majority of fights, those buffs don't alter your play. So now, when eradication shows up, it gets equally ignored.
    (thanks for being the guinea pig on that one Gherkin)

15+ Year Old Account

Couple more points, to clarify things:

1) Pitbull as an activity timer ~really~ helps on my paladin tank and arms warrior. I die less and people get aggro less.

2) Duplication of functionality is something I don't mind having, as my computer can handle it. However, I am well versed in ui design, configuration, and even addon coding. My screen real estate is extremely well managed and minimized. For example, I have Omen active in combat and recount out of combat, thus they take up the same space.

3) I'm not 100% on lingo, so to me a proc is anything that isn't up all the time or can fall off the target. Life Tap is a proc. Backdraft is a proc. Decimation is a proc. This is NOT correct verbiage, but its simple enough for me.

4) Your assumption on my play history is correct, however the reason I need the duplication is not. I pay attention to pyroclasm procs and the like, just because. The duplication is there because when I take my eyes off of Forte to look at DBM, my action bars (half a clicker here), grid, the battle area, the boss, etc, etc, when I finally refocus on Forte I miss things. I don't look at my life tap buff and therefore it falls off and I end up with 30% uptime. Power Auras fills this gap so I don't screw up and end up at the bottom of the meters. And yes, my buffs are different colors, but when you end up with 2 dots on 3 targets, as well as 5 dots on a 4th, with Ebon Plague and all the other things Forte could watch all going, it blurs together.

Will i always need it? No. Will I always find a use for it? Yes. The more I talk about it the more I want to fix it.

R.I.P. YARG

4) Your assumption on my play history is correct, however the reason I need the duplication is not. I pay attention to pyroclasm procs and the like, just because. The duplication is there because when I take my eyes off of Forte to look at DBM, my action bars (half a clicker here), grid, the battle area, the boss, etc, etc, when I finally refocus on Forte I miss things. I don't look at my life tap buff and therefore it falls off and I end up with 30% uptime. Power Auras fills this gap so I don't screw up and end up at the bottom of the meters. And yes, my buffs are different colors, but when you end up with 2 dots on 3 targets, as well as 5 dots on a 4th, with Ebon Plague and all the other things Forte could watch all going, it blurs together.
    I didn't mean to imply that you specifically have redundancy built into your UI for the exact reasons I mentioned, I just used your UI setup as an example of why anyone might find themselves ignoring information even in a relatively simple UI.

That said, enough with the teasing already, lets see a screenshot.

15+ Year Old Account

I didn't mean to imply that you specifically have redundancy built into your UI for the exact reasons I mentioned, I just used your UI setup as an example of why anyone might find themselves ignoring information even in a relatively simple UI.

That said, enough with the teasing already, lets see a screenshot.
    lol I said before it's nothing special. Just well organized. I'll see what I can come up with.
    Edit: I post most of the time from work, I just have to remember when I get home to take a screenshot.

R.I.P. YARG