Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 65 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    here's my ui. dont have a screen but a nice vid with my guild fighting halfus heroic 25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQNkY9QejsQ

Would love to find out what addons your using, this UI is something i could fall in love with while raiding, Please tell us!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    That's mine.
    In the first place, i had oUf_phanx or something as unit frame, but I love the HP-pools and colors of xperl more.

Oh, don't get to shiny on my bar on the right.
    I would really like a more detailed list of your addon. Such as the actionbar, minimap and the frames around your actionbar, chat and dpsmeter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here is mine, been working on it for a while, completely my own set-up so im really happy with it atm :P

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Have grid above the chat box for party/raid.
    Last edited by ryan1mcq; 2011-02-01 at 10:23 AM.

Deleted
    What bars do people use that show the duration of certain buffs?
    Like ISF?
    BC right now i'm useing powerauras to it

Quote Originally Posted by gamerbird View Post
    I would really like a more detailed list of your addon. Such as the actionbar, minimap and the frames around your actionbar, chat and dpsmeter.
    u mean me?

kgpanels -> for the chat-, quickbar- and recount panels
    bartender4 -> quickbars
    buttonfacade -> nice skins for the quickbar buttons
    pitbull4 -> unitframes
    satrinabuffframes -> buffs and also for proccs
    needtoknow -> bars for bloodlust and important buffs like netherward
    quartz -> castbar
    skinner -> to reskin some blizzard panels like the spellbook etc, also I use the skinner border skin for my kgpanels
    sldt statline -> fps latency guild info etc
    grid -> raidframes (without border)
    doomcooldownpulse -> what you see popping up in the middle of the screen sometimes, tells you when certain abilities come off cooldown
    forteexorcist -> the bars in the middle for DoT and imp. Soulfire monitoring

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargrey View Post
    What bars do people use that show the duration of certain buffs?
    Like ISF?
    BC right now i'm useing powerauras to it
    Im using Need to Know, its fairly simple to grasp which i like.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...d-to-know.aspx

Deleted
    Just spend a few hours on my interface. I've got inspiration from a few different usermade interfaces.

Not on screenshot: Grid, powerauras and cooldowns
    Last edited by mmoc28b0610145; 2011-02-02 at 12:24 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbilp0bj-jc

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...?id=15242#info

I am looking for someone to take over maintenance of this project in its 4:3 1280x1024 form since I will be upgrading to a widescreen monitor and there is still a relatively large interest in the 4:3 version. No strings attached, just grab it now and make it your own.
    Have you ever wondered about if your mom ever kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob?

You are now.

Looking for something new

Hi, I'm a total noob, and I'll admit this. I've been playing wow since just after BC came out, but other than the odd addon, I have never really modified my UI. As far as addons go, I'm using Mapster (and wishing Cartographer still worked), Titan Panel, Altoholic, DBM/Omen for dungeons, PlayerScore, Pawn, and Recount. I scaled the natural UI down some, and play currently on 1440x900 Windowed mode on a 19" monitor. I'm getting a new 22" next week though, which may facilitate an upgrade of the resolution I use, and since my guild and I are starting to get into the Cata heroics, I thought it might be time to upgrade my UI. I've looked through several pages of this thread, and I see some things I like in the screenshots/videos I've looked at, but nothing that seems super-intuitive to my play style, so I'm looking for some help either finding one or building one.

As far as my play style goes, I tend to use my WASDQE keys for moving with my left hand, and my number pad for casting my main spells. I need to find a way to incorporate more than the 12 keys I have bound for spells, as it seems like I'm going to be needing more than that in my Heroic boss rotation, and I hate having to reach for my mouse mid-fight to reach things that aren't in my 12 keys.

I'm not sure how much of this is actually relevant to finding a UI, but like I started with: I'm a total noob to this.

I would ideally like to find a UI that works well for my Warlock (Destro), but will also work well with minor tweaks for my other characters as well. I also have an 85 BM hunter that I'm not doing many dungeons with right now, and a Boomkin that I'm leveling through her 60s right now and will likely be healing with once she reaches 85.

Can anyone recommend something for me? I don't mind putting a bunch of random addons together for this, but would love to find maybe a zip file or somesuch that contains everything I need.

Coldwrapped: i think it would be better if you give us a bit more info. Maybe you go browse through a compilation site[1] or the compilation category at wowinterface[2]? if you would show us an example what u like its a bit easier to tell you what to get.

[1]http://www.wowuigallery.com/
    [2]http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat28.html

--
    Greets,
    Robert

i just changed to Elvui from Lui ui and couldnt be happier!

just added a few of the addons im used to and i think its just awsome!

Quote Originally Posted by Aves View Post
    Coldwrapped: i think it would be better if you give us a bit more info. Maybe you go browse through a compilation site[1] or the compilation category at wowinterface[2]? if you would show us an example what u like its a bit easier to tell you what to get.

--
    Greets,
    Robert
    Good idea. I honestly don't have a clue what I'm looking for, but wasn't sure where to go. I checked through the UI Gallery you posted, and here's what I found so far:

wowuigallery.com/topic/fundamentally-small-ui-1 is quite nice, though I would like to have a larger minimap that this one uses.
    wowuigallery.com/topic/glaceon-ui - I like the minimap size/placement better on this one, and I like the way the party frames are handled here. However, it says this one is configured for 1920x1200 only, and with the monitor I got this morning, the highest I can go is 1920x1080, so I'm not sure if it would work for me. *edit* Okay, no. I actually downloaded this and attempted it and I hated it.

After spending the last three hours looking through UIs, I don't know what I want. I want something clean. I want something that doesn't take up my whole screen. I want something that shows a decent-sized minimap because I use it a lot. I want text I can read that's not some wonky font. I like content to be around the edges of the screen, because things out in the middle obstructing my views bother me.

I dunno... I may just not use a new UI at all. I wanted to try something new, but what I've tried doesn't look as good as the default that I've been using for the last 5 years.

I appreciate all the work that goes into making a custom UI, because I am an inherently lazy person, and there is no way I have the patience to put something of my own together, and my play style is a lot different than most people's I guess. *shrugs*

So thanks for attempting to help me. It was fun to look at how other people see wow when they play. It just doesn't look like it's for me. =\

Have you ever wondered about if your mom ever kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob?

You are now.

Here is mine:

DBM, Pitbull, Bartender, Grid2, Quartz, ButtonTimers, MSBT, ElksBuffBar, TimeToDie, SexyCooldown.

Coldwrapped: I believe a custom UI cannot be build in a few hours neither in say a day. A custom UI is designed in months of playing time and through lots of experience. You just start bij altering a few things in the UI and go from there.

What i would suggest for you is Sexymap, a map replacement. First choose a profile, for the char your using (in the interface - addon settings) and then just go play with the option, the H(eads) U(p) D(isplay) is very handy and ofcourse the scale slider.

good luck!

Coldwrapped

I don't understand, why do you want to setup some new addons? what for? Are you sure you really need them?
    I play with just 4 addons - dbm, omen, powerauras and classtimer/tellmewhen. And all 2.5 years I play wow, I've been always on top of recount.
    And I've never met any lock with the same gear on my server, who can overdps me.
    High dps is not a question of using loads of addons. Addons help those players to improve their dps a little bit, who can already do high dps without any addon.
    The question is to know, what when and what for you are doing. It's not just about warlock, it's about any class.

Quote Originally Posted by Aves View Post
    Coldwrapped: I believe a custom UI cannot be build in a few hours neither in say a day. A custom UI is designed in months of playing time and through lots of experience. You just start bij altering a few things in the UI and go from there.

What i would suggest for you is Sexymap, a map replacement. First choose a profile, for the char your using (in the interface - addon settings) and then just go play with the option, the H(eads) U(p) D(isplay) is very handy and ofcourse the scale slider.

good luck!
    Again, you're totally right. If I want to build something of my own from scratch, it's going to take a long time and probably more effort than I'm willing to put into it. I was more interested in finding something pre-configured that I could then edit a bit to fit my style better, no matter the character I'm playing on. My problem in that was that when I tried to implement a couple of the UIs that I found and thought looked nice enough, there were things that ended up not where they were on the screenshots. I don't know how to move all that stuff around and it kind of overwhelmed me. Building it bit by bit is definitely the way to go so that I know where everything is, how it works, and how to futz with it if I need to. I just think I'm not that patient.

I actually tried SexyMap back when Cartographer stopped working, and didn't care for its aesthetic much. It may be something to go back and try again at some point, though. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaendar View Post
    Coldwrapped

I don't understand, why do you want to setup some new addons? what for? Are you sure you really need them?
    I play with just 4 addons - dbm, omen, powerauras and classtimer/tellmewhen. And all 2.5 years I play wow, I've been always on top of recount.
    And I've never met any lock with the same gear on my server, who can overdps me.
    High dps is not a question of using loads of addons. Addons help those players to improve their dps a little bit, who can already do high dps without any addon.
    The question is to know, what when and what for you are doing. It's not just about warlock, it's about any class.
    You bring up an interesting point. To me, it seems that the idea of completely customizing your UI the way I see people here and on those galleries doing so is less about pumping up your dps, and more about making the game as aesthetically pleasing as possible so you don't have things on your screen that distract you or get in the way. This will, of course, tend to boost your dps a bit, but it's not the main goal. That is, I think functionality and aesthetics. My DPS has, in fact, been a little low given my gear, but I have some enchants I need to replace, and a few spells in my rotation that I need to fix. I am consistently either first or second on Recount on every fight in my guild regular runs, and my Shaman boyfriend and I fight back and forth for the top spot in the few Heroics we've attempted. (We're all barely geared for Heroics and they're still hard. We die a lot. >.>) In any case, I'm working on getting my DPS to the point that the simulator said it should be by adjusting the mechanics of which spells I cast and in what order based on the fight. I can do that with the default UI by just following the advice I've gotten from reading the threads here and trying to put it into practice. I just wanted something a little more functional and a lot more pleasing to the eye.

I haven't found it yet, but I got some ideas yesterday looking through the galleries. I did download MoveAnything and moved a few things around on my screen, playing with scales and sizing as well. Just the extra room on the screen that I have with the monitor upgrade I got, allowing me to move from 1440x900 to 1920x1080 is making a huge difference with getting the extraneous bits out of my way and more toward the edge of the screen.

I doubt I ever get something as pretty as I see people here using, but if I can just get it a little closer without overwhelming myself with a thousand addons, I think I'll be okay. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Coldwrapped View Post
    Again, you're totally right. If I want to build something of my own from scratch, it's going to take a long time and probably more effort than I'm willing to put into it. I was more interested in finding something pre-configured that I could then edit a bit to fit my style better, no matter the character I'm playing on. My problem in that was that when I tried to implement a couple of the UIs that I found and thought looked nice enough, there were things that ended up not where they were on the screenshots. I don't know how to move all that stuff around and it kind of overwhelmed me. Building it bit by bit is definitely the way to go so that I know where everything is, how it works, and how to futz with it if I need to. I just think I'm not that patient.

I actually tried SexyMap back when Cartographer stopped working, and didn't care for its aesthetic much. It may be something to go back and try again at some point, though.
    As you said yourself, installing a pre configured compilation of addons can be very overwhelming. If it's working well, then all is good, but if there is only one error in it, then you won't know where to fix it because you don't know how the configuration was done. If you want an addon personalized for you, going bit by bit is indeed the way you should go.

Building your own UI takes time, but you don't really have to be very patient. Try look at compilations/screenshots again and ask yourself these questions: What do you like about those UIs - which addons are used to achieve that? What do you not like about those UIs - how would you like those elements and can you achieve what you want with the same addons as them, if not which addon can do what you want?

Next you should download one of those addons (don't download all of the addons at the same time, it'll get messy) and try to configure it to look the same or similar to the UI you are copying. Some times making them look like you want them to can be hard, in those cases consider trying other addons that can do the same thing (example, original addon was X-Perl? Try SUF, Pitbull, Stuf or other Unit Frame addons). This step shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes for the biggest addons and even less for smaller addons.

When you first install an addon, don't worry about making it perfect to begin with, you can easily be overwhelmed if you go through all the options at once, instead just make sure it looks about how you want it to look like and leave it like that. If something pops up at the wrong place later on, go back into the options and fix it on the go, that should take you 5 minutes tops.

After playing a couple of weeks your UI should already be very solid and look nice for your own taste. Small error could still pop up, but by making the UI yourself you should already be familiar with the configurations and be able to fix it very fast. In total you may have spent some hours fiddling with your UI, but it's done just a little bit at a time and it won't feel like you've put too much time into it.

Deleted
    Out of combat

In combat